2C-Aether Reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Aether

aplats wrote: What are your thoughts on doing a group buy if enough people seem intersted?
We may consider it if enough people are interested. Does anyone want to manage such an effort? Usually these sort of things are mediated by third party--like a host/DAW user group, right? Does KVR itself offer this service? I'm not sure. I have asked them.

Galbanum wrote:
aplats wrote: What are your thoughts on doing a group buy if enough people seem intersted?
We may consider it if enough people are interested. Does anyone want to manage such an effort? Usually these sort of things are mediated by third party--like a host/DAW user group, right? Does KVR itself offer this service? I'm not sure. I have asked them.
That's a good point. I'm sure someone around here is probably a seasoned vet when it comes to group buys. Maybe it would be possible to do through the forum? Anyone care to chime in? And thanks for your consideration, Andrew.

Well im not building my studio for another 6-months so im out of the group buy.
Albert Einstein: “If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music. ... I get most joy in life out of music.”

Galbanum wrote:
I put a poll up to see if this idea is worth your time:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=247053

Thanks!
A.P.

Jay-Producer wrote:...... denoted with > below
> The GUI is MASSIVE and way too big.

On the Info Page, switch the skin to "Berlin Small". Reload the plug. Smaller now. I think we will make this size the default in the next update. Obviously it is available already, but some people seem to miss this fact.

>My sounds get drowned too much in the reverb compared to most other reverbs. So what I mean is my sound gets lost and loses a lot of volume because of this.

Well, this would be a matter of wet/dry mix, right? So simply adjust to taste. Or put Aether on a Send/Aux/Bus and set to 100% wet and Lock that mix position, and control the 'wet" amount by the send gain on the audio/instrument track. Locking the mix position, allows you to override the presets mix setting, so you can still browse presets, but the mix setting will not change. This is very useful for use on a Send.

>Will take a while to know how to use it properly as it is over whelming at first.

Why not start with the Browser page. Here you have 250+ presets to start with. Find one that is close to what you need, then switch to the Main page and edit a little.

> I don't like the fact that you do not have and +/- for the space section, meaning you can't go back only forward and even then you have to guess what part you have to click on.

Clicking on the Space Type pict itself will + Control-Clicking will - the SpaceType preset.

>I don't like the fact that you don't have any pre-sets for the EQ section just like you do for the space section.

We are planning to add this in a later update. We had this in mind since the beginning, and just have not implemented it yet.

>Way too expensive. Crikey, how much did you!

well... In my estimation, we don't really seem to be at the top of this list, price-wise...

http://www.sweetwater.com/c705--Plug_In ... gh2low/all

Jay-Producer wrote:Good points:

- Lovely sounding, very realistic.
- I personally like the layout of the GUI but it is too big.
- Lots of good pre-sets
- Like the pictures in the space section but I feel these could be made clearer.
Thanks.

In response to the price issue. Most other expensive reverb units are convolutions, yours is algorithm and for me too expensive for that type of reverb. If it was a set £150 then yes I will buy it but if its any higher than that price I will not purchase the item.
Albert Einstein: “If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music. ... I get most joy in life out of music.”

If you want the best, you have to pay.

That's all I have to say...

Galbanum wrote:> I don't like the fact that you do not have and +/- for the space section, meaning you can't go back only forward and even then you have to guess what part you have to click on.

Clicking on the Space Type pict itself will + Control-Clicking will - the SpaceType preset.
I would still prefer if you used a +/- sign. Makes it much more simpler for people.
Galbanum wrote:>I don't like the fact that you don't have any pre-sets for the EQ section just like you do for the space section.

We are planning to add this in a later update. We had this in mind since the beginning, and just have not implemented it yet.
Good to hear.
Galbanum wrote:>Way too expensive. Crikey, how much did you!

well... In my estimation, we don't really seem to be at the top of this list, price-wise...

http://www.sweetwater.com/c705--Plug_In ... gh2low/all
Most of those are convolution reverbs. Have a look at my reply above.
Galbanum wrote:Well, this would be a matter of wet/dry mix, right? So simply adjust to taste. Or put Aether on a Send/Aux/Bus and set to 100% wet and Lock that mix position, and control the 'wet" amount by the send gain on the audio/instrument track. Locking the mix position, allows you to override the presets mix setting, so you can still browse presets, but the mix setting will not change. This is very useful for use on a Send.
I did that but it still eats away my sounds. It really is a great reverb but it just drowns sounds too much. More suited for ambiance and trance riffs.

Jay-Producer wrote:I did that but it still eats away my sounds. It really is a great reverb but it just drowns sounds too much. More suited for ambiance and trance riffs.
Did you try using some predelay on the reverb?

JeffSanders wrote:
Jay-Producer wrote:I did that but it still eats away my sounds. It really is a great reverb but it just drowns sounds too much. More suited for ambiance and trance riffs.
Did you try using some predelay on the reverb?
No it was bone dry my sound lol. If anyone can post an audio example of their dry sound and one using the reverb id like to see how other people manage.

Galbanum wrote:
Jay-Producer wrote:...... denoted with > below
> The GUI is MASSIVE and way too big.

On the Info Page, switch the skin to "Berlin Small". Reload the plug. Smaller now. I think we will make this size the default in the next update. Obviously it is available already, but some people seem to miss this fact.
Andrew,

Does Aether support user-created skins? Or are there plans to allow so? I only ask because of the people that are complaining about the interface.

I think the interface is great myself (yes even the big one - I prefer big interfaces to tiny cramped ones) and the sound is fantastic - possibly even better than Virsyn Reflect which is my favourite. I just can't afford it at the moment so a group buy might be a good idea.

Regarding the Cello MP3 Web Demo stuttering, yes. I heard it once or twice on the Cello (and other) samples too. But it is not the file itself. It seems maybe Flash or my server experiences caching issues on occasion. I can expose the demo MP3s for download I suppose. This is maybe helpful anyway, since there are 60+ of them.

aplats wrote: Does Aether support user-created skins? Or are there plans to allow so? I only ask because of the people that are complaining about the interface.
Yes.

The skin definition file is an XML(like) text file. And the graphics are all PNGs. It should be fairly clear to anyone with Skin-ing experience.

We will also offer a more minimal 2D skin. This will be the same size as the smaller size skin, and retain the same general layout, but will be done in 2D for a more minimal look. Maybe that would make some more people happy? This will come in the timeframe of the 1.1 update which will also bring some other cool features.

Jay-Producer wrote: I did that but it still eats away my sounds. It really is a great reverb but it just drowns sounds too much. More suited for ambiance and trance riffs.
You may try reducing the Width control of the ER and/or the LR section. You may try the same for Cross.

You may also try to reduce the LR gain on the particular preset. Or shorten the Time control. Or Decrease Spread. Or Decrease Sustain. Or try a more aggressive Freq decay profile that leaves some Freq space in your critical band.

...Also it sounds like you think "pre-delay" means adding a 3rd party delay FX to the sound before Aether?? (sorry if i misread you here.) That is not what PreDelay means here. PreDealy is a control above the time knob. This inserts additional time delay between your "bone dry sound" and the LR engine of Aether. This allows the attacks of your sound to be more dry basically....

Return to “Effects”