ShakePad is out now!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When the ball goes to 0,0 (X on the left, Y on bottom), the effect goes in bypass mode, regardless of the wet/dry fader. If you want to set a different rest point, use the right mouse button.

The real miniKaossPad doesn't have neither the release function nor the dry/wet mix, so the effect always goes in bypass mode when you release your finger from the pad, i.e. when the ball is at 0,0.

I must admit that the looper algorithm needs to be improved. The X-axis sets the tempo division of the loop and the Y-axis sets the loop start point.

ZioKiller wrote:
bM3w wrote:Really really nice FX VST, but once in a while I get this Debug Error. 3 error messages pop up, which I can click away with IGNORE, but after a while playing with the Pad the error comes back. I'm running it in Cubase 5 (32Bit) on Windows 7 64Bit RC1 and trigger it with a Korg nanoPad.
Which effect were you using when you got the error message?
Happens with every effect. I took a screenshot of the first error message:

http://www.Bildermonster24.de/images/425_Debug1.png

EDIT: looks like it happens only when the GUI is up :?

i had the same error yesterday (gui was up and i used pad control in Ableton Live 8.03)
"It dreamed itself along"

thanks a lot for the answer ! :D

do some tests today and it works fine for me .
just a suggestion : could it be possible to save the rest point with presets ? for exemple, if I found the perfect sound with a rest point in the center of the area, I would like that when I reload my project, the preset remember this position. this works perfectly for the hold button. maybe it could be done with another button " rest " with similar action that a right click. I suppose this is actually not possible to save this state as the rest point does not appear on the midi automatable menu ( for reaper , live, and xt1 and xt2, and usine).
the right click is a wonderful option , but in live use you will need to use a mouse,and I'm sure that the possibility to use a cc message like for the hold button could be very useful.

thanks a lot for reading ! :)

New Beta: ShakePad_Beta_09062001.zip

Now all effetcs work, the Looper has been updated, some effects have changed name, some have been replaced, the display also shows the parameters assigned to the X/Y axis for each effect. Should be stable now...

not tried yet but def interessted. hope this is not to off topic but i think you might want to see this aswell.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU1P5SPK ... r_embedded
altough it seems like the programmer forgot about a file or two since it works only for him...
courtney did it!

Thanks for the hint. I've downloaded it... doesn't work. It's done with SynthEdit and lacks many of the features of ShakePad.

I just tested ShakePad, and it's an interesting concept, no doubt (I have a mini-kaoss myself). My comments: some effects (specially trance gate) are not wet enough, and I would like an easier way to change presets. A good work anyway :tu: .
Eventually something intelligent will appear written here. Watch this space.

Ja.x wrote:I would like an easier way to change presets.
I'm going to add +/- keys to scroll without opening the menu. If you're controlling the plugin remotely, you can assign the menu to a CC and use it as a dial...

ZioKiller wrote:
Ja.x wrote:I would like an easier way to change presets.
I'm going to add +/- keys to scroll without opening the menu. If you're controlling the plugin remotely, you can assign the menu to a CC and use it as a dial...

Just like a mini-kaoss :D .

will give it another try.

blakes wrote:not tried yet but def interessted. hope this is not to off topic but i think you might want to see this aswell.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU1P5SPK ... r_embedded
altough it seems like the programmer forgot about a file or two since it works only for him...
That's a Korg Kaossilator Emulation/Controller that doesn't work for shit. Maybe if the programer actually included the necessary .wav files it needs it would work fine? Otherwise it's 100% Useless. The Siren Machine VSTi and the RadioFX ones by the same developer are definitely worth downloading though. There the Best of the bunch. 8)

@ Zio

Still another advice: maybe you should also consider to make some changes on the GUI, etc, or I wouldn't be surprised if soon you will have the korg's legal department messing with you.

I don't think they will... Firstly, they must have copyrighted the design of their instrument before the release date of mine; secondly, my design is very different: no big knob on the middle, no 7-seg display, SP has 4 sliders that the mKP doesn't have... Similar concepts but different products.

Return to “Effects”