ShakePad is out now!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If this makes me put away my KP3 I demand you pay me full price for my KP3 :lol:
agent
Ableton-Moog-Spectrasonics-Native Instruments-Propellerhead-CamelAudio-LennarDigital-2CAudio-Renoise-Korg-JoMoX-MOTU-PeterTools-FXpansion-IK Multimedia-Fabfilter-Vinyl/Tape

I remember once this forum was much more responsive... what's happening?

Or... the lack of replies to this thread makes me think that this kind of effect is not of much interest... :(

Btw, I'll continue its development in May cause I'll be travelling for the next week. Of course there will be a OSX/UB version as well, but you'll have to wait til its release.

Hallo ziokiller,
this is a really good plugin.
But I think the Demo Noise is a little bit to loud. My nerves !!!!

What I miss: The possibility to record the movements in the Cubase automation

but I had 2 things coming immediately into my mind:

1) although it already provides many combinations of 2 fx it would be great to have a 2nd fx slot... with adjustable "scalings" of the pad (also invertible?!)

2) a way to nail the "rest point" of the ball somewhere on the pad (maybe with left mb?)

I know, you try to keep it simple, and ppl do want always more... someone releases a good sounding, easy-to-use device, and they immediately scream for a modulation matrix ;) so: these are just my first thoughts.

how much would it be, btw?

PS: like the theremine patch...

I have a real mini Kaoss Pad next to me, I bought it a few months ago for using it with my synths as a realtime fx unit but I actually never used it. It's even simpler than my vst counterpart... besides the number of effects which is 100.

I think this plugin doesn't need anything else... maybe the rest point with right mouse click is a nice idea, I'll see if I can add it.

The pad itself is not automatable, but the X/Y faders are, so if you want to record automation, just arm the automation track and move the ball on the pad. It should work... although I haven't tested it yet with Cubase.

ehilà Zio :)

i could only see the thread now, downloading :)
thx

Peace
Dubadelica - Electronic music since 1996 http://www.dubadelica.com/about.php
Radio Rebelde - Modern roots reggae with an electronic twist https://radiorebeldereggae.bandcamp.com/

hi
a very interesting fx !
first sorry for my bad english ... I hope you will understand me

I suppose it's me , but some fx did'nt work for me:
reverse looper, reverse looper + delay
loop splicer
bit crash

about the usage:
the pad works fine , but not always for me. here is a exemple: use a supa lpf filter on a drum loop with some release.clik anywhere and release. the ball doesn't return to the initial position ( near but not the initial), so the signal is always filtered.that's the same with all fx.

about the release.
this is very useful for some fx , but have a lot a limitations for some others. actually there is no possibility to use an fx , release it and that the fx disapear slowly.there is really a need for a decay fader in my opinion.
for exemple with a looper. after using the pad, the signal pass thru all the loop size. so it's actually not possible that the loop stays on the same size, and that the signal decay slowly like with a dry wet fader . same with analog echo for exemple, it's not possible to use without the echo glitch if a release time is set. this will be possible with release to 0,and a decay time to 0.5 for exemple.

some suggestions:
1 the possibility to have an independant hold button. for live use, I found more useful to engage one button for holding, than use a fader for release. works good if you have an fx with hold engagedand you want to stop quickly this fx.the padkontrol have this hold button for exemple and it's great to use, without using your 2 hands.

2 the possibility to "gate" an fx or to have gated version of some fx.
let me explain :
if you use ShakePad as a send with looper , it's sometimes useful that sound only pass when I touch the pad.in other word without dry signal. it's could be a general feature of course. ableton beat repeater work like this with 3 modes:mix, ins ( the actual mode with shakepad) and gate.it's very important for looper.

3 a good fx manager. some suggestions:

I'm a big user of artillery from sugarbytes. the preset manager is fantastic with this categories:
amplitude ( amp fx, transgate, cpm, pan etc)
modulations ( phaser, flanger, chorus etc)
delay ( and all spacial stuff)
filter
granular ( looper n scratch etc)

this helps a lot for choosing the right fx

another suggestion, althought I'm not sure it will be the best, and maybe hard to implement:
like kore player or arturia analog factory , with the possibility to choose some caracteristics: amp , spacial, modulation etc . if I choose modulations and spacial, the choice could be supa flanger + delay for exemple.

4 the pad. for midi sync FX, it's could be useful to have the possibility to change the pad view with a grid like kaospad 3.

5 a litle menu for choosing CC message for X and Y. this is not always easy to do a midi learn with a pad ( believe me, I have a xio from novation with pad, and a padkontrol)often , you learn Y when you want X and the inverse

6 the price
under 50, that's sound good. but there is a lot of free or cheap FX, wich are very good. so maybe a price like 30 bucks could be a good solution.

7 Demo Noise is a little loud for me too and the frequency is high. during my 10 minutes of test, I really want to stop it.

hope it's help a litle. and thanks for sharing the beta, this is a very nice Fx for live.

damien

Congrats, Zio :) You keep getting more and more amazing.
As a touchscreen abuser I'm keeping a close eye on this!

hi everybody
any news about ShakePad ? :)

Just spotted the beta was up :hyper:

Cool effect Zio (kind of missed this thread)! Like somebody said some effects don't work for me also.

syren + delay
shake da funky pad
both loopsliper
both bitcrash
both reverse looper

Also for some reason, I can see the vst parameters in Ableton live but I cannot record them from the gui.

Pat

please osx intel version, pretty pretty please with powdered sugar on top

wow, I have just asked about something "like" KP3 and got a link here.

The reason why I needed something software is that to get a KP to work with my comp I would need a card with at least two pairs of outs - audiophile 2496 won't do the trick. This would mean more messin around with the equipment.

very first impression is great. The fact that it's more of a mini does not change anything because the rest can be done by any comp sequencer much much better than full KP3.

there is an error I get in Ableton Live.

debug assertion failed
file dbgheap
line 1252

expression crtisvalidheap[pinter(Huser data)

if I choose ignore

I also get

Block type is valid

and the app dies.

One more thing.

Korg padKONTROL's pad sends a 64-64 center command to the sequencer whenever you raise your finger. Shake Pad gets back to 64-0, even with HOLD, you could prevent it, couldn't you? this 0-0 could be simply ignored by SP.

Greetings

T

This is a fun plugin ... but some of the presets don't work for me in Live8. It also would be good if you could set and hold the x/y position.

ZioKiller wrote:The pad itself is not automatable, but the X/Y faders are, so if you want to record automation, just arm the automation track and move the ball on the pad. It should work... although I haven't tested it yet with Cubase.
I tried this in Sonar and it didn't work either. I also had a crash on project close, do you want me to e-mail you the Dr. Watson file?

Otherwise, I didn't think I would like this all that much until I actually tried it. Once you sort out the automation issues it'll be fun and might just be worth the purchase.

Additional issues I came across:

1. Several effects were not working - if you need a complete list let me know

2. The looper causes popping (maybe this can be fixed by adjusting the envelope)

Return to “Effects”