Cableguys FilterShaper 2 in Public Beta

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

elxicano wrote:
Lotuzia wrote: Well did I miss something or .......... do ole' fidel customers (like me 8) who bought FilterShaper1 will have a LESS important upgrade discount than someone who buy it NOW :?: :?: :?:

Funny cos I just mentioned Filtershape 1 as one of my favs low price best things in another thread. Now given the situation I dont know if I really want to upgrade : It would cost me less to buy it now a second time :? :shock: :-o

well ......... :roll:

LtZ
I don't see anything wrong with that... most companies operate this way.

If you buy a product while the latest version is close to release (and it has been announced), then you usually get it for free.

Seems fair to me. :shrug:
I was also just in the middle of writing a similar answer here. Thanks to elxicano.

But just to clarify: Version 2 will be more expensive than the first version and it won't be free for the ones who buy FilterShaper 1 now. But they will get a discount of EUR 29/USD 44 for the upgrade to version 2.

Well,

Why not.

Yes its true, I agree that when you buy a V1 just before a major update version you have the update free. Dont know why I could not just see it and translate it into this Pov :oops:

Just seems weird that old faithfull customers have a less important bargain, and I have a natural tendancy to offer larger bargains to our former customers, dont know why, might be because they were the first to believe in us .... I must be too much sentimental :wink: :shrug:

Ok anyway I'll test the second version and then we'll see. I had quite some fun with the first one :D

LtZ
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

We got two known bugs at the moment:

- energyXT cannot load the plugin.
- In REAPER, the preset bar is over the wave selection tabs and you cannot change presets there.

Well, it would be nice if there was a major discount for those who just recently got this....As I got it week before last, or was it last week? Either way its a shame cos if I new that if I waited I'd get a better deal I would have, or maybe like an announcment when I clicked buy letting me know I could wait a bit to get a better deal? Kinda messed up, oh well too late now huh? :x
agent
Ableton-Moog-Spectrasonics-Native Instruments-Propellerhead-CamelAudio-LennarDigital-2CAudio-Renoise-Korg-JoMoX-MOTU-PeterTools-FXpansion-IK Multimedia-Fabfilter-Vinyl/Tape

serve wrote:Well, it would be nice if there was a major discount for those who just recently got this....As I got it week before last, or was it last week? Either way its a shame cos if I new that if I waited I'd get a better deal I would have, or maybe like an announcment when I clicked buy letting me know I could wait a bit to get a better deal? Kinda messed up, oh well too late now huh? :x
Hey, you never truly know till you ask. This is a pretty cool company (from my experience), so cross your fingers. :)

Okay, so far everything is working fine in Live 8 (sorry haven't opened Reaper yet, but saw the bugs mentioned for it).

GUI criticisms... The text in the modulation section is much too light for my eyes.

I would love to see the font type used under the knobs to be thicker, as it too is a bit of a strain. The text was much thicker in version 1, which made it easy to easily read things.

GUI appreciations...

I like the new icons above the modulation window. For a second I thought they were completely new, but instead it turns out they just seem more inviting and fun to use than before.

I really like that the GUI is larger than the previous one. It does make things easier to make quick changes.

I also like the overall design... It feels so Mac-like, that I feel like I'm cheating on my PC. Okay, I'm overstating things, but this is definitely a nice improvement. I'm curious to read what other say about the changes too.

Lastly... Once you do set a price, will you make it available immediately to purchase? I really do put FilterShaper to good use and would love to get rid of the demo mode as soon as possible. :)

OOooooh... Just changed the routing options from serial to parallel. My ears liked this change very much and they thank you for this option!

elxicano wrote:OOooooh... Just changed the routing options from serial to parallel. My ears liked this change very much and they thank you for this option!
Thanks for your comment on one of the new features and also thanks for letting us know your thoughts on the GUI! Let's draw our attention to that.. (although I understand that the pricing is of big interest for all of you, too).

We have not made many thoughts about the pricing, upgrade options or introductory discounts yet, currently we are more concentrating on getting a great and stable 2.0. So, bug reports and feedback on the new features are very welcome!

Cool, today for sure I will work more in Reaper to see what I can break. I know you said you had Live 8 down, but just so you know I was clicking on everything (like a mad-man) and i have no bugs to report. Very stable.

Reaper/Live is about all I can contribute for testing, but I'll see how far I can push things.

Well, still messing about in both Live and Reaper.

The program is extremely stable in both. As you already mentioned... presets can't be changed in reaper, but I also get nothing when I click on UI in Reaper to get Reaper's interpretation of the program.

Overall, the improvements are greatly welcomed (serial/parallel, filter panning, master panning, and free running LFO's). There's quite a bit of more flexibility with the free running LFO's and the panning per filter options. Very nice stuff indeed.

Not much more to report on, since again this is seems stable as a rock, even when I attempted to load multiple instances of FilterShaper (which it doesn't allow in demo mode).

And again, my only GUI complain still remains the same... I would like thicker text under the knobs and darker text in the modulation section.

Now one thing, I'm not sure if I miss, or maybe I had just got used to, but I think I got attached to seeing the modulation square turn red when set at 100. I have a feeling that I would not have cared much if I never saw it this way before, but thought I'd mention in case anyone has an opinion about not having that option now.

The filter definitely still sounds great, especially in parallel mode. :)

elxicano wrote:Now one thing, I'm not sure if I miss, or maybe I had just got used to, but I think I got attached to seeing the modulation square turn red when set at 100. I have a feeling that I would not have cared much if I never saw it this way before, but thought I'd mention in case anyone has an opinion about not having that option now.
Yep, we head that behavior in FilterShaper 1. I am not sure about it if it is nice or if the new one is better with just displaying 100 / -100. Any opinions welcome!

Any more news?

elxicano wrote:Any more news?
Thanks for asking! We are currently facing a quite difficult bug. FilterShaper works fine in most hosts, but at least energyXT cannot open the plugin. We hope to fix that one on the weekend (we want to address it before doing the "simple" stuff such as revising the panning algorithm and fine-tuning the GUI etc.), so I hope that we have more news then. But we cannot tell for sure.

Cant wait for this to work in XT!

Keep up the great work Jakob and team :D.
stay juicy!

Optomadic wrote:Cant wait for this to work in XT!

Keep up the great work Jakob and team :D.
Jakob and Steffen. :) http://www.cableguys.de/about.html

Return to “Effects”