Cableguys FilterShaper 2 in Public Beta

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Congrats on the recent inclusion in Computer Music Magazine!

These magazines have been absent from my local book store as of late, but none the less, good news.

Congrats from me also.

I only stopped by to say I used Multi-Filter in a track last night and it still manages to sound like nothing else I have. Which is really saying something considering the level of my plug-in mongery.

It turns out FilterShaper 2 Beta 2 cannot be opened on some hosts and if certain plugins are installed. Good thing is: We know basically why, and we are currently working on a fix.

I keep checking this thread for news, but assume you guys are busy polishing the release, so is it safe to assume this is the last known bug?

I only ask because I'm anxious to get my hands on some parallel/serial choice action! :D

elxicano wrote:I keep checking this thread for news, but assume you guys are busy polishing the release, so is it safe to assume this is the last known bug?

I only ask because I'm anxious to get my hands on some parallel/serial choice action! :D
We are not yet 100% sure about the panning law. Should we change it, the levels for the left and right channels change, so it is best if you wait a little.

No worries, I have patience. I'd rather have a product you guys were sure about. :)

im so gonna buy this when its released,im a big fan of filtershaper 1,and use that alot :D

The next Beta is out:

- Changed pan law to 3 dB.
- Smoother sound for fast cutoff modulations; a more analog, less digital sound. You can still go crazy with fast modulations, though.
- Made a basic installer. Note that we did not test the installer with non-admin accounts yet.
- Edits to the manual.

Find it here:

http://www.cableguys.de/downloads/Cable ... aper_2.zip

Known issues:

- Might not work in Cubase 5.
- Does not work in energyXT.
- Drawing bug in Reaper.
- We did not test the current Beta on Windows Vista and hosts other than Ableton Live 7 and 8 yet.

Nice job Jakob. Are plans for a version without an installer? Also did the size get a big bigger or is it just me?

Thanks again and keep up the good work!
stay juicy!

Optomadic wrote:Nice job Jakob. Are plans for a version without an installer?
Yes... please offer a .zip-file or .dll-only-file too.

Optomadic wrote:Nice job Jakob. Are plans for a version without an installer? Also did the size get a big bigger or is it just me?
We also like software that just comes as a zip that needs to be unpacked, as it gives you save feelings about what the software is doing.

However, FilterShaper 2 would now require the user to manually copy some DLLs to your Windows/system32-folder. And the installer can make sure to add a link to the manual in your start menu (and maybe an "uninstall" link later on). So we think an installer is nicer than telling the user: Please copy FilterShaper2.dll to your VST plugins folder and copy the other DLL files to your Windows/system32-folder.

Is it that you do not like the installer because you do not know exactly what it is doing? Could we change that if the installer tells exactly what it is doing?

The file size of the installed files changed from about 6 MB to about 15 MB.

You should offer two files :
- an exe for automatic installation
- a zip for "experimented" users (ie us, at KVR), with installation instructions - some devs do that, without problem
You can't always get what you waaaant...

The current Beta 3 crashes when launched for the first time. We will fix that with the next Beta.

any news :D

btw just tried opening the latest beta in plogue bidule 0,9488

and i cant see the display of filtershaper

when i close it i get a failed to register openGL window class??

Return to “Effects”