Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
munchkin
KVRAF

2358 posts since 12 Oct, 2002, from Terra Firma

Postby munchkin; Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:39 am

As a UAD-1 owner who really loves the plugins I don't understand why anyone would pay £1,150 to upgrade to a QUAD when you can build your own top of the range PC for less money. For about £800 you can buy an i7 laptop with 8gb ram.

While some of the plugins for UAD-2 are very desirable I find that there are more and more native plugins that suit what I need. So what if some plugin sounds exactly like the hardware - does this plugin really suit the mix?

Instead of gear lust I find that taking more time over the mix and learning how to get the most out of the plugins I've already got has helped me create much better mixes. Years ago producers created great mixes with limited gear - now everyone is trying to emulate that sound by buying plugin after plugin. Too many tools just create confusion and reduce the time taken to learn how to get the most out of what you've already got.
narz3000
Banned

Postby narz3000; Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:42 am

munchkin wrote:Instead of gear lust I find that taking more time over the mix and learning how to get the most out of the plugins I've already got has helped me create much better mixes. Years ago producers created great mixes with limited gear - now everyone is trying to emulate that sound by buying plugin after plugin. Too many tools just create confusion and reduce the time taken to learn how to get the most out of what you've already got.

I'm starting to develop this philosophy myself.
punkrockdude
KVRist

117 posts since 16 Jun, 2004

Postby punkrockdude; Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:24 pm

I do not know if it really sounds like the original but the program "Compressor" in Line6 Pod Farm 2.5 sounds really good. I prefer it over Waves' CLA 2A and IK Multimedia's White. Regards.
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects