112db EQ is out

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bmanic wrote:
Well unless they model complex analogue behaviour with weird nonlinearities, crosstalk etc. they kind of are.
Asking him about this, I didn't get the impression he did any of this, unless his modeling of different phase characteristics qualifies for this description.

I said in another thread that I didn't find this EQ to sound ANALOG, as in "wow it sounds just like an expensive desk, how did he do that???). It's just a good EQ that I find has certain strengths. I find it to be particularly strong in low frequency work where balancing phase shift against linear behavior can make for some nice bass boosting. I also generally find that it has sort of an overall "fat" sound, for lack of a less cliched term.

I have been saving the UAD Harrison demo so I don't know how it would compare to that in the "virtual analog" arena, but I do know that this EQ would fit very nicely into someone's kit bag at such an attractive price (even after the intro period).
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

djanthonyw wrote:
dubbelQ wrote:How does a hotdog taste like? Good or bad? :shock:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8h3YkDLZS4
:hihi: :hihi:

I tested the demo and I cant understand why companys insist on releasing buggy shit! Are they so hungry for a hotdog and a shake? Honestly, who do they expect customers bying something that not work properly? Would they themself buy it? Yes its a very good EQ but I would never ever buy something and have to wait for version 1.01 before it gets better. Or worse, still not ok yet. :x

Your specific report would be helpful.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

Demo is not working on REAPER.

Plug-in receives signal but doesn't output anything. (Input meter moves but Output meter doesn't).

Mercado_Negro wrote:Demo is not working on REAPER.

Plug-in receives signal but doesn't output anything. (Input meter moves but Output meter doesn't).
If you tryed 48k yes that happens, try 441000

No issues in Wavelab however, it won't deliver any sound beyond a kHz 44100 sample rate.

It would be nice if it started with the auto gain in addition to the harmonic distortion in an off position.

The CPU usage is low considering the GUI display. The option to widen the frequency display is good for rolling off ultra high and, low frequencies.

Cheers!
OMNIFEX

14.8 GB Of VST Effects And Growing By The Moment :D

Cooker wrote:If you tryed 48k yes that happens, try 441000
I tried it in both samplerates. Thanks anyway for your input :)

Hey guys,

just some first response to the many points that have been brought up in this thread:
4damind wrote: - Spectrumanalyzer needs a switch "post/pre" EQ
- Spectrumanalyzer should have 2. display mode to show it as a "line", this full filled gray spectrum on the black background is not optimal
Both good ideas and both scheduled for the next maintenance update.
4damind wrote: - the dynamic Eq feature should be switchable for every band (see GlissEQ)
This is something that was discussed during beta testing but I purposely decided against, mostly because I felt it might complicate usage and clutter the GUI a little too much. But if more people agree this is a must have feature I don't see why I couldn't reconsider. ;)
4damind wrote: - yes, the loading time is a bit too long

I'm not sure where this shd come from, but if somebody suffering from this would be willing to take this matter to the 112dB forum and do a little troubleshooting this shdn't be that hard to fix.
4damind wrote: This would be nice. He says only "Eight selectable custom EQ algorithms with unique response characteristics". But the EQ has this variable phase shift feature.
As A.M. Gold correct assumed we didn't model any analogue-style non-linearities, crosstalk, or noise in Redline EQ. The eight different EQ algorithms each have their own unique (frequency and phase) curve shapes, and in combination with the harmonic distortion and the selectable gain/Q dependency there's a lot of different sounds that can be coaxed out of this baby--but Redline EQ is in no way intended as an "analogue sounding" EQ. v2? ;)
Mercado_Negro wrote: Demo is not working on REAPER.
This was reported by one beta tester but I haven't been able to reproduce it--it works fine here--so I put it down to smt system specific. But apparently it's a little more fundamental than that so I'll look into this. Again if somebody would take this to the 112dB forum we can troubleshoot there.

And finally, the problem with samplerates other than 44.1kHz... I'll check in a minute (having breakfast right now) but unless something fell over and died at the very last minute this shdn't be right. Will report back.

Thanks for all the feedback so far,

-- dj!
Morgana | Redline Series | Big Blue Series

Thanks Jules for you quick response to this thread.
Nice if you get some ideas for future updates.

Eventually you get also some better color for the analyzer? Or add custom settings for the display color of the analyzer.

This dynamic EQ per band is highly recommended. I would suggest to make it easy as possible, get the idea from GlissEQ: only one extra knob (call it type or whatever) where the 0 position means "no dynamic behavior" and position 1 to X are the dynamic EQ "threshold" settings. I'm not really sure if somebody will need this additional attack settings, but I would leave this option global (because I think its only rarely used).

[edit]
I forget the long loading thing: This occurs here for me in Cubase 5, if the EQ is inserted in a FX slot. This is with every instance and needs about 4s to load. May be you could take a look to your initialization or the license-check code?
Last edited by 4damind on Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

No sound. Just a pop when I start and stop audio. Tried Wavelab and minihost at 44.1.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

dj! (112dB) wrote:This was reported by one beta tester but I haven't been able to reproduce it--it works fine here--so I put it down to smt system specific. But apparently it's a little more fundamental than that so I'll look into this. Again if somebody would take this to the 112dB forum we can troubleshoot there.
Thanks for your quick response:

http://112db.com/forum/index.php?topic=474.0

4damind wrote:I would suggest to make it easy as possible, get the idea from GlissEQ: only one extra knob (call it type or whatever) where the 0 position means "no dynamic behavior" and position 1 to X are the dynamic EQ "threshold" settings. I'm not really sure if somebody will need this additional attack settings, but I would leave this option global (because I think its only rarely used).
I agree, making it a true multi-band dynamic EQ would make it much more powerful, but it would require reworking the GUI as well as the engine code. Maybe after he works on bugs for a while. :)

I use Reaper 2.58
When I insert Redline EQ. The plugin is dead. No sound coming through

echopark wrote:I use Reaper 2.58
When I insert Redline EQ. The plugin is dead. No sound coming through
Yes, I'm investigating this issue--can't reproduce it here (with Reaper 3.06) but apparently there is something wrong somewhere. Stay tuned.

-- dj!
Morgana | Redline Series | Big Blue Series

Return to “Effects”