Empty Room Systems EMT 250

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.emptyroomsystems.com/

VST demo for this is now available. love to hear someone with a UAD-2 compare to the UA version

Their webpage is extremely horrible and I can not find any simple way of downloading the demo. Not bothering with this one..

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

http://emptyroomsystems.com/index.php/products.html

You must put the demo in the cart and sign up with your email and all that BS just to get it.

Just went through the process and put some random "info". You don't need a real email, it gives you a link right from the site. Took about 1 min or less to do that. Says the demo will insert noise every 15 seconds.

And it is just a .dll file, I hope there is no included PACE in it when the plugin scans.

metalifuxx wrote:And it is just a .dll file, I hope there is no included PACE in it when the plugin scans.
There won't be. PACE is a driver, and I don't even know that it's possible to install a driver when loading a .dll file. Maybe it is, but I've never seen a PACE protected plug-in without an installer.

Brent
My host is better than your host

I tried out the Intelligent Devices (Marshall Time Modulator, Mega Delay Mass) demos, which are just .DLL, no setup. PACE/Interlock is embedded in the .dll when the plugin gets scanned and asks you to start your PACE drivers install before the demo is engaged. Pace/Interlock, same thing, or am I wrong?

Oh, you are probably correct. Those plugs do use PACE. But I don't think they install the PACE drivers themselves, do they? When I used them(during beta, but haven't used them since then), I already had PACE on my system, so I guess I can't answer that.

Perhaps I was mistaken though. I would assume that at LEAST it wouldn't install anything without your permission. I just don't think an installer can be INSIDE a .dll.

Brent
My host is better than your host

OT still sorry:
Yeah, threw me through a loop too on that one. They (Intellegent Devices) at least ask you, and they don't automatically install them, but you need to if you want try the demo. Or it asked that you had to have it installed, and gave you a web link. I forget exactly, but as soon as I saw that, I clicked no and lost interest in wanting to try them. 8)

Back on topic:
So it takes a few steps to register and get an instant download link for the EMpTy 250 reverb plugin demo, but you don't have to wait for an email and download link to arrive. The programmer also wrote either presets or a program algo for the Eventide DSP 4000 units too (I'm not really sure how those units work or what that means because I'm not familiar with them, but know they are complex), so this plugin must be of some quality?
Last edited by metalifuxx on Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

bmanic wrote:Their webpage is extremely horrible and I can not find any simple way of downloading the demo. Not bothering with this one..

Cheers!
bManic
I thought this was a very odd site myself. Ireland was listed as Ierland on a menu. Seemingly, no access to the dll without passing through PayPal first. I passed on that one. Strange!

deleted
Last edited by tonhelm on Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hello all!

As the designer of the algorithm, I'll answer some questions. There are some actions going on in the next few days:
1. Some changes will be made to the web-site to make it more costumer friendly.
2. The fully functional plug-in will be matter of days now.
3. This plug-in will not require additional dongles or dsp- cards.
4. When here are problems installing the demo please contact: support a t emptyroomsystems d o t com.

Yes, I did design patches for the Eventide Eclipse and H8000.

I am very curious what you think of the usability of the effect, especially with the smaller rooms.

Kind regards,

Harrie Munnik
EMpTy Room Systems

English is not my native language.

[mod edit: munged email address to protect it somewhat from harvesting by spammers]
Last edited by froombosch on Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

froombosch wrote:I am very curious what you think of the usability of the effect . . .
So am I Harrie! Even after filling out all of my details and setting up an A/C, I couldn't find a download link for the DEMO. Not on the Site or in my A/C. It seemed to me that I was expected to perform a 'dummy purchase' via my PayPal A/C, in order to try out the VST. I don't know you, so I did not trust that process! :)

If I may chime in: I have collaborated with Harrie in transforming the effect to the VST format. All website issues aside (which will be resolved soon) you should give this a try; Harrie has spent years on designing the algorithm, it's a really complex beast under the hood, and I think it sounds great.

I would if I could but I can't! :)

Return to “Effects”