Redline Preamp

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.112db.com/redline/preamp/

To be released on Jan 8.

Seems, the tube emulation train really gets rolling now.

Cheers,
LiteOn

edit: typos
Last edited by LiteOn on Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ahh well we love our tubes! :wink:

Great. I'm tube addicted!

back in the days the colour of the tubes was an undesired character , now in the era of super clean digital we now want the undesired colour back lol....

One day they'll model tube & tape staturation perfectly to a point where we'll take it for granted and then we will all be crying how we miss the pristine coldness of digital lol.

After all said im looking forward to trying out this new plugin lol....

i don't understand why this plugin because we all already have pre amp on our soundcard! ...someone could explain me.

hivkorn wrote:i don't understand why this plugin because we all already have pre amp on our soundcard! ...someone could explain me.
As my above post , its all about colour , warmth and character.........

warmifier plugin are made to emulate that ? no?

Well this is basically another warming plug-in but it is a really good one (I'm beta testing it). It also has three tunable bands (all on/off switchable) and lets you control various aspects of clipping and harmonic content.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

Well this is basically another warming plug-in but it is a really good one (I'm beta testing it). It also has three tunable bands (all on/off switchable) and lets you control various aspects of clipping and harmonic content.
Honnestly i could be interested but the price keep me away from redline plug especially monitor...i know 99 € is not very expensive,but it's hard today to earn money......

Yea, I know what you mean. So many plug-ins, so little money... :)

He hasn't said anything about price yet so we'll have to wait and see about that.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

CANE CREEK wrote:back in the days the colour of the tubes was an undesired character , now in the era of super clean digital we now want the undesired colour back lol....

One day they'll model tube & tape staturation perfectly to a point where we'll take it for granted and then we will all be crying how we miss the pristine coldness of digital lol.

After all said im looking forward to trying out this new plugin lol....
sad but true. it's star bellied sneetch syndrome (minus the prejudism and separatism).
Sneetches are a group of vaguely avian yellow creatures who live on a beach. Some Sneetches have a green star on their bellies, and in the beginning of the story the absence of a star is the basis for discrimination. Sneetches who have stars on their bellies are part of the "in crowd", while Sneetches without stars are shunned and consequently mopey.
In the story, a "fix-it-up chappie" named Sylvester McMonkey McBean appears, driving a cart of strange machines. He offers the Sneetches without stars a chance to have them by going through his Star-On machine, for three dollars. The treatment is instantly popular, but this upsets the original star-bellied Sneetches, as they are in danger of losing their method for discriminating between Sneetches. Then McBean tells them about his Star-Off machine, costing ten dollars. The Sneetches formerly with stars happily pay the money to have them removed in order to remain special.
However, McBean does not share the prejudices of the Sneetches, and allows the recently starred Sneetches through this machine as well. Ultimately this escalates, with the Sneetches running from one machine to the next,
"until neither the Plain nor the Star-Bellies knew
whether this one was that one or that one was this one
or which one was what one... or what one was who."
This continues until the Sneetches are penniless and McBean departs a rich man, amused by their folly. Despite his assertion that "you can't teach a Sneetch," the Sneetches learn from this experience that neither plain-belly nor star-belly Sneetches are superior, and they are able to get along and become friends.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sneetc ... er_Stories

that said, this sneetch is keen to try 112db's star(tube) on his belly(mix).

if this sounds great has zero latency and an affordable price it might be exactly what i am looking for.

hivkorn wrote:warmifier plugin are made to emulate that ? no?
what they say they emulate and what they really do emulate are 2 different things , what i mean is they dont always nail it ... Folk may be after a certain tone/character for their individual taste palette and every new plugin will throw out something new/different , so now we are interested what this new 112bd plugin will add to our palette.
Im also waiting for the release of soundtoys decapitator which you could throw into this catagory of plugin as it models a stack of tube hardware VIDEO HERE

futurefields wrote:if this sounds great has zero latency and an affordable price it might be exactly what i am looking for.
Zero latency: check!

As for the price, affordability is obviously in the wallet of the beholder but we will stay true to our usual introductory pricing--usually about 35% off for the first 2 months.

Take care & thanks for your interest,

-- dj!
Morgana | Redline Series | Big Blue Series

dj! (112dB) wrote:
introductory pricing--usually about 35% off for the first 2 months.
Yummy , that sounds good.

Are the rumours true that 112bd are currently working on a 'Emu SP 1200' plugin ?

Return to “Effects”