Redline Preamp

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

a mix could be perfeclty balanced and well mixed it doesn t mean i will like the sound of it, a not so well mixed track could sound better for me if it have some colors i like .
about this debate i ll give a example with synths it s more obvious :it s like using plugs and wishing them to sound like a nord 2 ,it s possible to make great music with both but if you want the sound of the nord you need to buy one thats all, it s a personal thing, it s same with compressors ,eq...if you love the sound of a tool nothing will replace it, it s not about geting good mix or not, i don t understand why some always have to say if you can t have a good mix with plugs you sux, they just have no love for a distinctive sound, for them using vanguard or a pro one is the same maybe.

Oh I completely agree with you! People make "specialized" gear choices, be it hardware or software, because they like the thing! And there's nothing wrong with that.

Mixing and mastering for me is divided into art and science. The art part is where I define my own "sound" which again is reflected by my choices of gear. The science part is making the mix translate and sound balanced/natural, no matter how chaotic the artistic side of the project was.

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Glich wrote:i found a bug in the program that made an unpleasant harsh sound, maybe you stumbled on the same bug. they're fixing it right now
How does it manifest itself ?
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Tp3 wrote:
Glich wrote:i found a bug in the program that made an unpleasant harsh sound, maybe you stumbled on the same bug. they're fixing it right now
How does it manifest itself ?
if you push the parameters too hard you can get this gross digital distortion crackle or something, hard to describe. i ran it by them and its definitely a bug.

Any word as to when the update is due ?
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Hello Jules

What is the status of the update ? there seem to be a bug (?) which makes unpleasant sounds (?)
Also what is the status of the input level thing

Thanks !

T.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Yes, the bug is confirmed and happens with Drive at the maximum setting (+12dB) only, so for now just leave it a tad below that and you shd be OK. A fix is coming up but due to some internal reorganizations we're a bit tied up a the moment--sorry for that.

Take care,

-- dj!
Morgana | Redline Series | Big Blue Series

dj! (112dB) wrote:Yes, the bug is confirmed and happens with Drive at the maximum setting (+12dB) only, so for now just leave it a tad below that and you shd be OK. A fix is coming up but due to some internal reorganizations we're a bit tied up a the moment--sorry for that.

Take care,

-- dj!
Well, take your time... I just hope it will be done BEFORE the 15th of march :)

Cheers, friend :tu:
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Well, i've been using the Preamp on every channel while mixing my latest tune.
It' a wonderfully subtle tool that just makes everything sit better in the mix.
I love it. :tu:

Neil.

bmanic wrote:
DanielKonopka wrote: Why are people so uptight and hostile towards themselves,
these days?
Why do people get so offended and all riled up these days?

Cheers!
bManic
What, you wanna fight?.........I call you out. If Im not outside in 5 minutes...start without me. :D

Offended is the perfect word Bmanic.

I am often quite forceful with my opinions, but even when Im tame--if I correct someone...I usually get a response that is so obviously derived from bruised ego that I cant help but laugh at how significant people think they are in the scheme of things.

There was a time when a lot of puppy attitudes could be found but people have become so bold and arrogant that they only actually learn from people in secret(because to their face they already know it all)

It would be nice to know hows the update coming, when there's only 1 day till trial end... :)
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Got a chance to demo this.. highly recommended. One of the best, if not the best plugin preamp model i have tested. Nebula performs maybe a *little* bit better, but hey, it eats up tons of memory. I remember this getting 9/10 rating in Computer Music and 4/½ stars in Music Tech.

The mid/side option is wicked too. If I was getting a preamp PI, this is probably the one I'd pick. Just loving the 112dB products.

Ghettopanda wrote:One of the best, if not the best plugin preamp model i have tested.
Nebula performs maybe a *little* bit better.
I find that sentence contradicting in an irritating manner... :D
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Wow, experimenting more with this.. the glowing tubes are like the the heart of the track, pumping blood to my dynamic EQ, which breathes to the same rhythm. Lowering the mid-band completely eats up this cheap sounding area in drums. Hell, i don't know exactly what it does, but sounds absolutely great.

I love it what it says in the description: "Not for novices".. haha :shock:

Anybody using this in Ableton Live 7?

Return to “Effects”