WaveShell dll crashing Cubase 5

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've just had this problem happen with Nuendo 4 - waves 5.0 native gold just freezes up while booting.

So I uninstalled it : Crashed and froze Windows during shutdown - Running logoff scripts - never completed after leaving it running for 1hr.

Rebooted machine, and tried to re-install it, also crashes at multiple places during the installation.

No other plugins have complained, and the waves plugins worked fine in Sound Forge.

the waves oneknob louder free vst from black friday is crashing my system too (Cubase 6.5, 32 bit on win8 - 64bit).

it worked "fine" for a week but now it crashes constantly (it began crashing more often with each day, and totday I cant even load it in an empty project).

what a piece of crap! crashing the host is so worst case, there is no 'worster' case..

why is this company so well respected? the installation was a mess too, thousand files and steps to do.. hello? its a DAW not a NASA Space shuttle.

I delete it, and will never again bother with this waves crap!

--

for example this little thing is also nice, and Free, and EASY to install, AND IT WORKS without crashing:

http://varietyofsound.wordpress.com/201 ... ment-11696

Return to “Effects”