Seven Phases Spectrum Analyzer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Spectrum Analyzer

BuddhaMaster wrote:This is the best spectrum-analyzer out there, and I tried them all!
May I ask you why you consider this spectrum as the best ?
Yes this is a good spectrum 8)
But I also like Span
http://www.voxengo.com/product/span/

VibraSound wrote:
BuddhaMaster wrote:This is the best spectrum-analyzer out there, and I tried them all!
May I ask you why you consider this spectrum as the best ?
Yes this is a good spectrum 8)
But I also like Span
http://www.voxengo.com/product/span/
Why this Spectrum Analyzer is the best:

-It delivers fluid frames per second (bs-spectrum, another great -simple- candidate got no fluid presentation, running at 2-3fps. There is no sense for rhythm)
-There are clear thick bands that take up a clear space.
-Option to render thick lines, no fancy lines thin like hair.
-clear visual presentation
-Small display (I dont need a fullsize/fullscreen graphic to see whats going on)
-straight-in-the-face graphics, no distracting elements, unless request (everything can be disabled).
-Customizable parameters (acceleration)
-Customizable signal range (dB)
-It doesn't try to be more clever than me

I can't exactly explain why it's that great. But It does exactly what's supposed to- providing a visual feedback and sense of whats going on at certain ranges, nothing more, nothing distracting. I tested 20 other plugins- this one and bs-spectrum are the only ones useful. But as said, bs-spectrum doesn't run smooth

It would be even greater with Linear/Logarithmic switch and static numbers below the grid (100Hz,250Hz,500Hz,1'000Hz,2'000Hz,4'000Hz etc),
the other features I requested and a Wavelab color style would be the icing on the cake! see here-> Image

[/img]
09, 05, 2007: Searching for my own voice...
10, 09, 2011: My voice lies somewhere at F# (least used musical key in musical history)
Maybe I'm just too infrequent

I really like this Spectrum Analyzer. Glad I saw this thread. Finally one that can be made very small on the screen!

I have it tiny, with "Display minimize/maximize buttons" on. I just double click the taskbar when I want it big.

2 questions:

It seems that whenever I load a new instance, it doesn't remember the settings for the last instance that was opened. Any chance of making this happen? I have to load a preset I made each time I load a new instance. I'd rather it just default to my preset.

2) Any chance of making a version that shows both the left and right channels in different colors (superimposed), at the same time? It's the only thing missing from this.. I'd rather have that then switch between left and right.

Great job on a great plugin!
Play it by ear

How can you prevent the Display of disappearing behind other windows?
What host are you using?

I have FL studio and MiniHost have this problem
10, 09, 2011: My voice lies somewhere at F# (least used musical key in musical history)

So, all interest in this plugin has been lost?

I really just need one thing to be changed. It's still my favourite, If I just could use it: Either render the window program internally (as an ordinary plugin) or making it not losing focus.

I understand that there must be a reason to render the window as separate process. But please change that whenever possible.

BuddhaMaster wrote:So, all interest in this plugin has been lost?
I use it every day. Never gonna need another ;)

planet ugh wrote:
BuddhaMaster wrote:So, all interest in thi)s plugin has been lost?
What host are you using?
I'm using FLStudio and the window loses focus whenever I click somewhere else. It is practically useless because It won't let me monitor and work in my host at the same time. Besides from that, it would be my absolute favourite still. It's slim, it's small, it's clear and there is not a million useless functions (thats basically all the same. It's really making the difference in the world)

BuddhaMaster wrote:I'm using FLStudio and the window loses focus whenever I click somewhere else.
I've just checked FL9 and everything works OK there (i.e. the SA window is always in front of any other window inside FL). That's strange, could you please tell the FL version and OS you're using?
Or, hmm, unless, by "click somewhere else" you actually mean clicking some window outside of the host...

Max M. wrote:
BuddhaMaster wrote:I'm using FLStudio and the window loses focus whenever I click somewhere else.
I've just checked FL9 and everything works OK there (i.e. the SA window is always in front of any other window inside FL). That's strange, could you please tell the FL version and OS you're using?
Or, hmm, unless, by "click somewhere else" you actually mean clicking some window outside of the host...
I've just checked it, I'm using FLS 7--
When I load the plugin there's a 'Display' button I have to press, whenever I click something in FL Studio, the window disappears...

For Now I'm using Blue Cat FreqAnalyst. It's quiet a huge window. But for reference it works quiet good. (just one minimized instance as master)

hi max,

i am constantly using your analyser since it is out, it's a great pice of software, thanks again.

however, i would like to ask if you could maybe enhance it a bit in 3 ways:

1. 12 and 24 bands per octave
2. when saved in a default song, i would like the analyser window itself to stay open, while the plugin window itself (prefs, etc) should be closed.
3. it would be cool if you could add a simple metering with numerical peak margin readout

would that be possible? please let me know...

thanks again!
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

BuddhaMaster wrote:
planet ugh wrote:
BuddhaMaster wrote:So, all interest in thi)s plugin has been lost?
What host are you using?
I'm using FLStudio and the window loses focus whenever I click somewhere else. It is practically useless because It won't let me monitor and work in my host at the same time. Besides from that, it would be my absolute favourite still. It's slim, it's small, it's clear and there is not a million useless functions (thats basically all the same. It's really making the difference in the world)
I use Reaper.but I have the spectrumanalyser run on a seperate netbook, so that my two screens on the main computer are available for something else.

I hope everybody (especially the author) of SevenPhase Spectrum Analyser realises that there is a severe problem the way this plugin renders it's window (as separate process). At least there should be an additional option wheter to render it in the same process, detach the output window, or forcing it to stay visible all the time.

The problem is really simple and most likely applies to most of users: The output window disappears behind the host program whenever you click some place else than your plugin. Resolution: Add a 'Always On Top' routine to the window!

I'm sucessfully using BlueCat FreqAnalyst as replacement. But this plugin would still be favored to use!

AFAIK there are tools to force Always on Top on any window you want on Windows... like this:

http://www.labnol.org/software/tutorial ... -top/5213/

EDIT: also this -> http://www.fadsoft.net/AlwaysOnTopMaker.htm

why not using them?

- Mario

BuddhaMaster wrote:Add a 'Always On Top' routine to the window!
Ehm, well, above we already found out it's the problem of the particular version of the FL you use, did not we?
(so I hope the problem is not so dramatic as you paint). I would be happy to fix the FL7 issue but I barely can find a legal copy of this quite old FL version to test...
Last edited by Max M. on Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OK, (after some thinking) here's the secret link - this is the version of the plugin i'm using for about a year now - it is totally unofficial version and won't work in a 98.12% of hosts - please no bug reports on it. Just in case you find it useful.

Return to “Effects”