Voxengo SPAN pre 2.0 public beta-testing (update 3)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks Aleksey!

BBC

Awesome! Thanks Aleksey!

glad to have it. the 'slope' parameter is my secret weapon for reality checking the balance of my mixes. Invaluable.

bmanic, true, there seems to be a bug with m/s mode - thanks for reporting.

Thank you - 1st class :clap:

The new plugin is awesome, I'm just missing the L+R display mode - I know I can do with some routing trick, but I haven't been able to easily display L+R in the spectrum together with L+R in the RMS meter...

I've also found that sometimes when adjusting some parameters so that spectrum should become double, I have to change to another group and then back to have the display update as expected, still finding a recipe to make it happen...

And, as a side note, is the "filled" mode gone too?

Thanks,
Mario

sonicpowa, "balance meter" is not really required as you can see the balance on the level meter - you just have to increase the "integration time" (in the "Settings" window) of the level meter. Intersample clipping detector is not what I find useful, because it is always only approximate - appearence of clipping solely depends on the DAC playback circuitry.

mabian wrote:The new plugin is awesome, I'm just missing the L+R display mode - I know I can do with some routing trick, but I haven't been able to easily display L+R in the spectrum together with L+R in the RMS meter...
This is impossible at the moment - I will have to add a special "routing" switch that displays all channel meters at once, without selected group dependence.
mabian wrote:I've also found that sometimes when adjusting some parameters so that spectrum should become double, I have to change to another group and then back to have the display update as expected, still finding a recipe to make it happen...
I'll need to know more details - this may be a bug (if it's not due to your own inattention).
mabian wrote:And, as a side note, is the "filled" mode gone too?
Well, there was never any "filled" mode available - it is quite counter-productive when looking at several spectrum shapes.

Could somebody explain the MASTER MODE to me?

does this allow you to "send" the spectrum of another instance to the other?

in any case, look forward to this on OSX AU. many thanks and praise!

ttoz wrote:does this allow you to "send" the spectrum of another instance to the other?
No, it's the feature that will be unique to GlissEQ.
ttoz wrote:in any case, look forward to this on OSX AU. many thanks and praise!
It's already available in OS X AU. See the first post.

loopdon wrote:Could somebody explain the MASTER MODE to me?
It's just a spectrum display mode that IMO works good for final "master" EQ adjustments.

Thanks for the update.

Just a quick info for other users:

I've noticed that the default slope setting changed from 3db (Span 1) to 4.5 dB.
So as I've always used Span 1 with default slope setting I had to change it to 3dB in Span 2 to get familar display.

Aleksey, correct me if I'm wrong with this...

No_Use wrote:So as I've always used Span 1 with default slope setting I had to change it to 3dB in Span 2 to get familar display.

Aleksey, correct me if I'm wrong with this...
The setting did change. You can save your preference using the "Set as Default" function in the preset manager.

When is the "Official" release due ?
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Return to “Effects”