Voxengo SPAN pre 2.0 public beta-testing (update 3)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

great update thanks! :)
i like the size and lay-out
thanks again

BTW the blue color scheme rocks :D :hihi:

Great update, thank you very much! What's missing to make this analyser perfect would be Gliss EQ's spectrum import/export function. Maybe an idea for a SPAN Pro? I would surely pay for that function.

I'm very glad with this update so far : it has quite everything i could have been hoping for the v2 :
- multichannel
- resizable GUI

and still have
- RMS and clipping incidents data (so i can get rid of the old Inspector)
- many tweakings to make it suit any kind of analysis work.

Thank you

be wrote:Great update, thank you very much! What's missing to make this analyser perfect would be Gliss EQ's spectrum import/export function. Maybe an idea for a SPAN Pro? I would surely pay for that function.
+1 :tu:

Thanks for the update! Good to have a correlation meter included. Is there a chance for the SPAN Pro version with balance meter and intersample clip meter? And maybe more Pro-looking GUI with not-so-horrible color schemes? I'm going to use the original SPAN also because it seems that it can't be beaten.

Thanks Aleksey! Great update.

Still hoping for CurveEQ update.
Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real. - Niels Bohr

Very nice of you to offer this for free Aleksey...thank you!

My very first impression was "that's huge!". It is much bigger than the last version (by at least 30%). If there is a good reason for it, I will not say another word...

Well, it's free, so I won't say another word anyway!

EDIT: I just scaled it down to 80% and it is fine...never mind. :oops:

JR

Oh WOW! My favorite analyzer! Thanks a lot Aleksey!

Edit: I won't be a picky idiot, but I've done a few tests.

It looks very very nice with extensive functionalities (it can go below 20Hz and above 20kHz). I love the user interface, much like all the other plugins that Voxengo has made.

Now this eats up 2% CPU on my Intel Core2 Duo @ 2.00 GHz in Reaper. That's not much for an essential tool. The old SPAN required around 1-1.5%. So you've managed to avoid spiking. Well done! :)

What I don't understand is how schwa's schOPE barely touches my CPU at under 0.2%!

But I still like SPAN more (for pure analysis, that is)

be wrote:Great update, thank you very much! What's missing to make this analyser perfect would be Gliss EQ's spectrum import/export function. Maybe an idea for a SPAN Pro? I would surely pay for that function.
I've always wanted that too. It would make SPAN perfect and I would gladly pay for it in a second. Let's get that ball rolling, please.

Hi Aleksey,
many thanks for it. :-)

I like the master spectrum mode.
The master spectrum mode would be very great in CurveEq.
Last edited by Gucky on Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

thank you for thatone!
though, no bargraph view? :(
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

Thank you for your responses!

Size can be made smaller - and it will look similar to the original SPAN. As for the hidden options - it may be more convenient on the other hand since spectrum display options can be stored in presets. I'm not planning to add spectrum export/import as it will defeat GlissEQ's serious feature.

"Pro looking GUI" and color schemes are really a question of taste - I can't fulfill needs of everyone (so far marketing results are good, though). Adding custom coloration and custom UIs is not an option for us at the moment - they are a bit complex to design for the user (note that there is a graphics set for each scale available).

Bar graph view won't be implemented as it seems that smoothed out spectrum is much more useful and definitive considering filters everyone is using for EQ adjustments have "round" or bell shapes.

As for the CPU load, I can't do much here. I just can assure you that spectrum analysis in SPAN is done in its "full" - windowing, overlapping, at full 64-bit FP resolution. Removing overlapping and using 32-bit FP calculations can drop the CPU load by a factor of 3, but this won't be as precise.

All new SPAN's functionality will be available in CurveEQ when it is released.

Snap, I totally missed the Master mode, now I have to live in anguish at work for the next 3 hours until I can try it :cry:

Any quick snapshot of it? :P

I wish Aleksey had a clone so his plugs would come out faster :D
In process of making music that reeks of turd

This is fantastic!

Bug? I couldn't get mid/side routing mode to work. Just to verify I cut all side signals with a filter in GlissEQ and inserted Span 2.0 after it.. it still shows normal activity in the side channel in Span.

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Return to “Effects”