Crysonic Apology

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've recorded with DAWs about 10 years now, but all this internet plugin software business is still quite an unknown territory for me. I used to buy plugins and samples only from Cakewalk and Propellerhead, but last year I bought a new computer with a lot of RAM and got really excited about this whole plugin stuff and started to check out what other plugin software companies have to offer. :)

Are there any other companies that plugin enthusiasts should avoid?

chokehold wrote:
thefyn wrote:Thats it? They didn't bring out a 64 bit version? The 32 bit versions still work in my Sonar X1.
So? Good for you.

Not everyone uses 32-bit versions, though. I know I don't, because I need my host running at 64-bit and accessing an assload of RAM to load all the fancy Kontakt, Superior and other RAM-heavy sample libraries into one process. Using a 32-bit host in a scenario like that would equal to attempting 10-finger typing after cutting off one of your arms.
The last bit is a classic overreaction/hysteria I see in this thread.

Are waves fancy? A lot of their stuff isn't 64 bit ready.

trimph1 wrote:
thefyn wrote:
TheoM wrote:Yes, everything they promised was a lie.
Really?

haha. Hysterical much?
It was a lie to those who expected it to work ... :roll: ...but if you get caught with one that does not do as advertised and you get no responses from anyone there.... :?
What doesn't work? They work.

chokehold wrote:
thefyn wrote:Thats it? They didn't bring out a 64 bit version? The 32 bit versions still work in my Sonar X1.
They also promised Mac versions, bug fixes and stability updates, just to sell their crap ... but none happened, at least not to the extent they had advertised.

Now tell me... making false promises, raising false expectations, and then not ever delivering a product or refunding people for what they bought under false promises and expectations... what's that called again?

Oh, right. Fraud. Scam.

0.02€
There are mac versions. They have 64 bit versions.

How about this...Go here and do a search for 64

http://www.crysonic.com/plugins.html

Now go and search mac

Then come back here and mention how many counts for both you found.

Why do you take this so personally? I don't get it.

There is HUGE history of Cryosonics here that goes back for many years. I've read the threads here. I've seen the inappropriate responses by Cryosonics and I've seen the promises made to make a sale which were never realized.

I've also seen them unable to apply any real explanation of what many of their plugins actually do. The hype is huge, but it's all flash and marketing. I'm not at all convinced they understand what their plugins do.

They send an enormous number of emails even to people who have requested to be off of their list.

Their sales are perpetual and the MSRP prices are never in effect. Even IK Multimedia's products are on sale for the MSRP some of the time (and they have frequent sales).

Waves and Cakewalk don't do these things. I'll never buy from Cryosonics. You're welcome to do so, but you're on a fool's errand to try to convince long time KVR members to "trust them."

jsp1979 wrote:Why do you take this so personally? I don't get it.

There is HUGE history of Cryosonics here that goes back for many years. I've read the threads here. I've seen the inappropriate responses by Cryosonics and I've seen the promises made to make a sale which were never realized.

I've also seen them unable to apply any real explanation of what many of their plugins actually do. The hype is huge, but it's all flash and marketing. I'm not at all convinced they understand what their plugins do.

They send an enormous number of emails even to people who have requested to be off of their list.

Their sales are perpetual and the MSRP prices are never in effect. Even IK Multimedia's products are on sale for the MSRP some of the time (and they have frequent sales).

Waves and Cakewalk don't do these things. I'll never buy from Cryosonics. You're welcome to do so, but you're on a fool's errand to try to convince long time KVR members to "trust them."

Hype is huge? Their vids get a few hundred views. And IK, Waves and Cakewalk have a dozen sales a year. IK have no brainers and waves blow out their stuff for $20 or even free.

AND they don't have lightning fast support. And they don;t always have 64 bit support.

Admit it: People on here are screeching BECAUSE THEY CLAMMED UP ON KVR.

Thats it. So people lost their minds.

And why is me pointing out crysonic do have 64 bit and mac support equate to me taking it personally? Why is me pointing out I made a purchase a few days ago and got my links 24 hours later me taking it personally? I just have a lot of experience with them as a customer/user.

You just don't know the full backstory here (which is stil on the KVR servers in a giant thread). Or you don't care to learn about it. People here have gotten sick of going through it over and over.

Saying the plugins work for you is not "taking it personally." The multitude of replies to defend them in this thread comes across as "taking it personally."

In other words, why do YOU personally feel the need to defend them on KVR? Why do YOU need to respond to any negative claims? You have replied to every poster recently who had negative comments. That comes across as taking it personally.

They're in the doghouse at KVR because of their past actions. They are NOT like those other companies you've listed.

My main point still stands: You're wasting your time trying to get people to "trust them" again here at KVR.
Last edited by jsp1979 on Wed May 08, 2013 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thefyn wrote: Admit it: People on here are screeching BECAUSE THEY CLAMMED UP ON KVR.

I'm sure, now you've accused the entire population of KVR of being stupid, that this thread is going to go well.

:clap:
"What embecile composed this list :/"

re_mute wrote:
thefyn wrote: Admit it: People on here are screeching BECAUSE THEY CLAMMED UP ON KVR.

I'm sure, now you've accused the entire population of KVR of being stupid, that this thread is going to go well.

Did you buy from them? Yes or no?

jsp1979 wrote:You just don't know the full backstory here..
People just spelled it out. Support, scam and lack of follow through with 64 bit/mac support.

Are my posts/linking the contrary inconvenient for you or something?

I've been a user since 2010.

Here's the deal, and the biggest reason people are unhappy.

Crysonic at one point had all SynthEdit plugins, which obviously made them 32-bit only. They told people that 64-bit and Mac support was coming as they were hiring programmers to do it. And they did.

The problem? They told people WHEN THEY PURCHASED that these updates to 64-bit, etc. would be FREE UPDATES for current users. In fact, they had sale after sale after sale where they told people, "buy now, get the updates when they come". And people bought it.

One year passed, and then another, and then another........and then they finally started putting out the updates. The problem? They were not free as promised.

Not only that, but the versions they released did NOT work in many cases. And not only that, but they switched to a difficult manual challenge response system. So to get the updates people were promised DOZENS of times, they had to pay money, deal with buggy versions and switch to a new copy protection that was very restrictive.

I'm not even talking about customer service issues, or bugs, or anything else. Just that alone killed their reputation here. And there is nothing you can say that will dispute it.

Brent
Last edited by koolkeys on Wed May 08, 2013 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My host is better than your host

thefyn wrote:
re_mute wrote:

Did you buy from them? Yes or no?
yes, many times at the start. Just like you. I even liked them once.

Oh, and i am not "hysterical" MR as i couldn't give a toss if crysonic bait you and rape you of your money. You are a perfect example who i feel zero empathy for. as far as their promises, yep, they kept on making promises and breaking them. Even in this very topic. They suck.

thefyn wrote:
chokehold wrote:
So? Good for you.

Not everyone uses 32-bit versions, though. I know I don't, because I need my host running at 64-bit and accessing an assload of RAM to load all the fancy Kontakt, Superior and other RAM-heavy sample libraries into one process. Using a 32-bit host in a scenario like that would equal to attempting 10-finger typing after cutting off one of your arms.
The last bit is a classic overreaction/hysteria I see in this thread.

Are waves fancy? A lot of their stuff isn't 64 bit ready.
well it is obvious now you are trolling 100%. Waves has been 64 bits for a while now and waves are the most bug free plugins i could ever imagine using, the stability is second to none. Also i have never waited more then 12-24 hrs for a reply to a tech email, but then again, because everything just works, i don't need to.

Obviously you are related to them in some way? Crysonic fanboy, friend of family? Love how you just throw around the word hysteria like you actually *know* what you are saying :lol:

thefyn wrote:
jsp1979 wrote:You just don't know the full backstory here..
People just spelled it out. Support, scam and lack of follow through with 64 bit/mac support.

Are my posts/linking the contrary inconvenient for you or something?

I've been a user since 2010.
This all occurred before you got here. Interestingly enough, KVR existed for years before you arrived, and this all happened then.

cat pic time!

and

Return to “Effects”