Crysonic Apology

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello Everyone,

First I like to introduce myself, my name is Jay Brenton and I am one of the Directors here at Crysonic Australia and have been with them since 2006 and this is my first post here, the purpose of this thread is to offer a formal apology to our former and current customers regarding some of their issues that have been discussed here on KVR for a very long time and hopefully bring closure by doing what ever is necessary so everyone is happy. I sincerely would like to ask anyone to refrain from posting individual product support/enquiry related questions as our intention is to convey our sincere apology and finally once and for all bring this bickering to an end.

We know there have been some issues that have arisen with our former and current customers, and we are not proud that it has turned out this way. In hindsight I wish we could go back and fix things but we can't. We regret anything that would make any customer or potential customer of ours believe that we are intentionally trying to screw anyone over. I assure you, this is not our intention, why would it be, we like to be in business for a long time because we love this stuff and it is not just making money. Instead, we wish to make things right. We are sincerely sorry for any previous issues that have led to negative feelings towards Crysonic here on KVR and it's members. We are aware that we have not handled everything in the best way, and we intend on doing whatever we can to fix it. We are a small ambitious company and we have learned a great deal since the beginning regarding this industry, customer expectations, support and more importantly offering a clear outline regarding software update/upgrade paths.

We are not offering excuses, what happened in the past is the past and we like to move on, learn from this experience hopefully this is acceptable. We would like to again in the future have the ability to converse with everyone on KVR without any animosity. We like to be able to come to KVR and answer peoples questions, suggestions and get feedback, again without any animosity.

To start, at this stage what we can offer is that if you are a former or current customer please contact us and we are happy to provide you FREE of charge a single license of your choice from our current products you wish which you do not hold a license for, so go ahead and choose which product you like and e-mail crysonic support with your previous details and your choice.
The free plug-in offer will be valid until the end of the month of March. This is just the start and we have some other products which are brewing and I am certain we can offer more when they are available and we are able.

Thanks again and I am hoping our apology is acceptable and ends peoples concerns and misunderstandings as it is the best we can do at this stage, looking forward to talking and participating on KVR as often as possible.

We should have done this much sooner before it got so out of hand! again I would be grateful if you do not post specific product related questions as it is not the primary purpose of this thread, please allow some time for response as we are in Australia and there is a significant time difference, thank you!

I also like to thank all our current customers for their endless support!

All the best
Jay Brenton, Director
Crysonic Australia
www.crysonic.com
Last edited by Crysonic Jay on Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:10 am, edited 3 times in total.

Hello Jay!
I'm one of your first former users of: SPECTRA C1, Spectra'Phy, SPECTRALIVE.
Is it possible to get native version of these plug-ins?

Thank you!

Dimitar Nalbantov

hello jay !

I'm a customer , i own Sindo V2 , SPectraphy LE and Nxtasy V3 , and spectralive NXT 3, can you give me spectralive NXT 3.5 ?

Thanks.

it's coming in waves :-o :shock:
"It dreamed itself along"

Hello Jay!
I'm one of your first former users of: SPECTRA C1, Spectra'Phy, SPECTRALIVE.
Is it possible to get native version of these plug-ins?

Please contact our support and we will see what we can do, I would really appreciate if people can only post non specific plug-in related questions, thanks!

Crysonic Jay wrote:I would really appreciate if people can only post non specific plug-in related questions, thanks!
Hi Jay. What is your favorite color for a plug-in?

Hi Jay. What is your favorite color for a plug-in?
:D OK you have a point, you know what I mean man. If anyone likes more details we are more then happy to discuss it if you just e-mail us.

It's not pink if you really want to know...

I'm a sort of current customer, I bought your plugs from someone who no longer wanted them. Your company was notified and all, but I never heard anything from you about it. I figured with the reputation you've gained around here that I'd just be happy I got them at all.

I have SpectraLive NXT and SpectraQ. I use SpectraQ pretty often because its just so damn easy to use the basic interface at the top and get what I want.

Your current plug GUIs are really attractive, but I admit I'm still a bit skeptical about even trying them due to the bad PR, because I don't know if I'm comfortable making purchases from you. What you've done here is a step in the right direction though, even if it is a bit late for a lot of people.
noise and beats: Negutyv Xeiro do people actually click these?
gearlust: Roland JP-8000, too much/not enough eurorack
machinecode by: u-he, Bitwig, Fabfilter, NI, et al

Crysonic Jay wrote: To start, at this stage what we can offer is that if you are a former or current customer please contact us and we are happy to provide you FREE of charge any other product you wish which you do not hold a license for, if you wish you can wait until new products or choose which one you like to receive. This is just the start and we have some other products which are brewing and I am certain we can offer more when they are available and we are able.

All the best
Jay Brenton, Director
Crysonic Australia
www.crysonic.com
Sorry to be the first party crasher, but...

1) this comes way too late
2) as former user, I'm not interested at all

Crysonic (firm) personally insulted me, called and threatened me on the phone, called me names on the boards, deceived the users (the "free upgrade promise" for example) on more than one occasion, sticked to even more shady advertising and now you expect those users that you put off to accept an apology, or rather say "let's move on", while even throwing in a "free gift"?

Is this ment as joke?
Sorry, not in my book.

I bought most of the plugins from you back in the day, I tested the demos throughoutly (as much as it was possible). The demos worked, full versions didn't - on neither of my hosts. I contacted the support with full detailed bug reports, the support was non-responsive and more like "we are sick" or "wait for the 'free' update". Nothing happened, I had to buy your stuff "again" with the upgrade only to realize that it's still not working (which was even confirmed with later "placebo" releases and "native versions", it was also mentioned in KVR's Feedback form).

After a lot of arguing I got a full refund, with even another threat from you.

I say this in a calm way - I simply lost respect for your firm.

And I swear that no Crysonic product will ever hit my harddisk again! Apology or not, you brought this on yourself.

Good luck with your future creations.
This is my form of moving on.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Crysonic Jay wrote:(...)the purpose of this thread is to offer a (...) apology(...)
vs.
Crysonic Jay wrote:(...)We are not offering excuses(...)
Crysonic Jay wrote:(...)formal(...)
vs.
Crysonic Jay wrote:(...)because we love this stuff(...)
Crysonic Jay wrote:(...)please contact us and we are happy to provide you FREE of charge any other product you wish which you do not hold a license for(...)
Okay, then I'd like the Waves Mercury bundle free of charge, as it is "any other product" and I do not hold a license for it.
Thank you in advance.

I am a previous customer of the cryeverything bundle way back when... I think sometime around '06 or something like that. I joined based on the promise of native versions which never materialized. Anyway, there was a lot of drama here over the years regarding the practices of your company.

I almost fell out of my chair when I saw this thread title in the sidebar. Your apology is definitely a step in the right direction. I hope that this is a genuine sign of a new direction regarding customer relations.

I'm not sure if I will take you up on your offer or not. On one hand, I had already cut my losses with Crysonic years ago and replaced them with other plugins that I know and like. I'm also a bit "once bitten, twice shy". On the other hand, it's hard to resist an offer for free plugins! :D

mmmmm... freeeee.... (drool)

Anyway... Thanks for the act of goodwill.
My band eluvia | FB | Tweets | SC | Me on ABC

Excellent quotes right there, caleb82.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Hello! I am a former dissatisfied customer. I opted out of your mailing list some time ago. I'll give it another try as the penny seems to have dropped over at Crysonic (finally). :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

as a crysonic customer i ask why i got no response ?

hivkorn wrote:as a crysonic customer i ask why i got no response ?
I believe that Jay addressed both of you in one response(the first two to ask for your free plugs), but only quoted one. I would contact Crysonic support as suggested.

Brent
My host is better than your host

Return to “Effects”