Crysonic Apology

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

C00kie wrote:If only Reaper gives GUI bugs, then maybe filing a bug report at Cockos is worth the trouble too.
While I was still "testing" these plugins, I could confirm that they didn't work in recent-at-that-time versions of both Cubase and Wavelab either. Demos worked, strangely.

It's not surprising that this behavior is still the case... So no, I wouldn't say that this is a Reaper problem only.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Ive been using them with no problems in Live 8.1.1.
Windows7 32bit

D N A wrote:Well, I'm not that kind of user which likes to bother support so my opinion may be biased ;)

I bought their products via their no-brainer deal and ... I'm satisfied. I use their Crysonic nXtasy in my every (!) project. And that limiter plugin is also very good. It was well worth for 20 $ (honestly, I value it much much more - I just love that I can tweak the sound veeery fast). But yes, the truth is : Plugins work for me so I don't need their support :)
me too. got 3 of the plugs, and they sound great with no issues whatsoever. i have no history with the company for what it's worth, but I would buy another one of their products. don't hate me.
macbook pro 2.88 GHz Intel Core Duo, 10 gigs ram, 750GB HD, Logic Studio 9
my blog and some music:
http://rabbitearsmotel.wordpress.com/

Given the light response to my call for people who have actual losses, I retract my previous criticisms and will no longer favor having Crysonic plug-ins removed from the KVR database. Unless there's a lot more going on, I've been mistaken. The volume of noise from a few -- one of whom won't even put in a little effort to get things straightened out (that lost you what support you had from me on this issue) -- made me think there was more here than appears to be the case.

I'll still be glad to help anyone who feels they didn't get what they paid for, but my stand on deletion from the database is now firmly in the "no" column. This doesn't mean I approve of any issues Crysonic have left unresolved. It means exactly what I said, no more and no less.

Meffy wrote:one of whom won't even put in a little effort to get things straightened out (that lost you what support you had from me on this issue)
:bang:

Meffy wrote:...made me think there was more here than appears to be the case.
I would help out, but I stated my points, and I'm no customer anymore. So your rules don't apply to me and would only pull this into "personal dilema".
Meffy wrote:This doesn't mean I approve of any issues Crysonic have left unresolved. It means exactly what I said, no more and no less.
Same here...

Thanks anyway for trying to help. But like I already assumed, this is going nowhere at all. I'm afraid I was right yet again.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Apparently in the Crysonic problem thread, there's only one other reply besides mine. I have no problem, other than they aren't stable enough to use without thinking twice.

Dang kvr chickens.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Meffy wrote: made me think there was more here than appears to be the case.
Same here - reading through this thread made me fear I'd never receive the freebie - while the truth is I got it within fiveteen hours on first try, which I consider being very good support.

I'm not saying no-one had any bad experiences - but at least much about the recent complaints seems exaggerated.

Perhaps those who didn't receive a reply never checked their spam-filters because they were too convinced of Crysonic's badness?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

C00kie wrote:So what host are you using them in then? It's valuable info for all to know in which hosts these plugins work and in which they don't.
I use nxtasy + limiter in Ableton Live 8

D N A wrote:
C00kie wrote:So what host are you using them in then? It's valuable info for all to know in which hosts these plugins work and in which they don't.
I use nxtasy + limiter in Ableton Live 8
There's no disputing that these plugins sound damn good but I find them just too buggy to use. I can just about use them in Reaper but Ableton Live 8 is a no go, I just tried SpectraphyLE limiter in a relatively small set & Live just freezes & I have to get the Task Manager up to quit it.

I only have one of their products and it works just fine. I have needed to contact support a couple of times over the past few years just to get the latest update and they responded very quickly. They have also responded quickly and positively to other correspondence.
Just my two penneth on the subject/company.
Some of my music Soundcloud Goseba

I wouldn't buy off this company ever again
Simply because promised fixes (A couple of days) have not appeared months and months later for issues that make the plugins near to unusable on older computers in certain hosts
Don't feel safe using theses plugins and to be honest have found freebies that match them pound for pound
So really i couldn't care less
Got em cheap learnt my lesson ;)

NAS
Omerta

i thought the 'Crysonic Apology' was a new effect.

i'll get my coat :arrow:

Even though I already have half of Crysonics everything bundle, I was suitably impressed to drop the hammer on their current special.

I basically use my no brainer crysonic plugs on every aspect of my tunes.

So $59 for the compressor, stereo widner, bass enhancer etc etc is another no brainer for me.

I read this thread the first time...
possibility to summarize the most important things in order to avoid 4 hours of reading all through? :wink:
#PassionForHappiness

Return to “Effects”