Sir Elliot's Four Stage Compressor (Free for all)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I would like to thank everyone for trying my Four Stage Compressor. Bear in mind my Classic Compressor offers different characteristics than the Four Stage Compressor. Please give it a try as well.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=285256

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agreed wrote:Well, KVR has a database of VSTs, getting your plugins submitted there is a good start. But there are other good ones as well. I'll leave it to others to fill in the blanks but Rekkerd is a commonly used one, and there are several good sites for this kind of thing.

Edit: If I might make a suggestion, how about starting a free blog to keep track of your releases? I use wordpress.com as the host for my blog on musical gear and software and I quite like it, it's very easy to use, but there are other options from Google etc.; having your plugins documented and linked in one place really helps others to find them and to keep track of your work. Especially considering that you're really going the extra mile with video demonstrations and explanations of your plugins, I think having your own personal "space" on the web where people can reliably go to check out your work would benefit you and everyone who takes advantage of your generosity in providing freebies as well.

That sounds superb. :)

I will give “wordpress” a try. I would imagine it takes some time to set-up. I will fix the amplifier sitting on the bench today so I will have ample time to create a “blog” on word press on Sunday.

Cheers Agreed.
Sir Elliot

Glad to hear you'll be making your own mark on the web soon too :) If you need any help with Wordpress, let me know, I'm not an HTML expert by any means (and in fact its visual or "WYSIWYG" editor is quite easy to work with), but I'd be happy to lend a hand to someone putting out quality freeware for people. Things you can do include multiple page tabs, displaying Youtube videos in posts, etc.; and that's all free, I believe the benefits of paying are that you get your own domain name (so it's not xxxxxxxxxx.wordpress.com) and you can use custom CSS style sheets to fully make the blog unique. Well, personally I wouldn't know what to do with a CSS style sheet if I had one, and I am not bothered by the fact that my blog has visual similarities to others'; my content is unique, and that's enough for me and so far for my readers :)

I think it should work well for you, too. But if you try Wordpress and decide it's not for you, there are other options out there as well, so don't give up on the idea of having your projects and resources in one more permanent location.

Return to “Effects”