LoudMax 1.12 released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
LoudMax

rifftrax wrote:
Agreed wrote: So this isn't me saying "ditch commercial software, you'll only ever need this freeware tool!"
I dunno, this plugin is really happening for me.
It does kind of rule, doesn't it? Definitely one of the best freeware tools I've ever used.

Agreed wrote:
rifftrax wrote:
Agreed wrote: So this isn't me saying "ditch commercial software, you'll only ever need this freeware tool!"
It does kind of rule, doesn't it? Definitely one of the best freeware tools I've ever used.
No question. I've noticed my recent mixes retain bass energy like I've never been able to accomplish before with any other limiter. I wonder if someone could compare this against say Elephant with a couple demo tracks? Still really digging this. :hail:
Snare drums samples: the new and improved "dither algo"

Plugin is a total game changer as far as limiter/maximizers go imo. I love how some tools just do exactly what the name implies they do, like 'LoudMax'

RunBeerRun wrote:Today's update is another winner, I find the attack/release parameter functions are pretty transparent.
Unless you're referring to the attack/release algorithms working under the hood, I don't see any attack/release paramters?

Wow, this is very good.
Thanks a lot for sharing this beauty!

Agreed wrote:
rifftrax wrote:
It's a strong contender. 8)
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

Yes, this thing is great, but it'd be greater if it didn't have that much latency (I know, DAWs like Reaper compensate for this, so no worries right?). But if it had less latency, the performance would be greater at low latencies (buffering wise). But if that can't be fixed (in other words, in order for this great plug to work its wonders needs that much latency) so be it.
What I mean is, if you used this in PT8, it would be a PITA (I know, now there's PT9). Just saying.

Latency may be a necessary part of the limiter processing technique.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

A.M. Gold is right.
Latency is necessary for the Look-Ahead function. If it's reduced below 1.25 milliseconds distortions become audible.

@all:
Thanks for the nice comments. I'm very pleased that you like my plugin.

Have a great new year 2011!
Thomas

How much latency does this limiter have then? :)
I'm using Live's Limiter a lot for quick limiting, it's also low latency.

Cheers

zeep wrote:How much latency does this limiter have then? :)
He just told you how much latency there is.

Actually, he didn't. He said if it is reduced below 1.25 milliseconds there is audible distortion. He didn't say that it's locked at that latency now, it may be above that.

i get 55 samples over here

its a free plugin download it and load it in your DAW

no need to ask how much latency

People using it on a drum buss with DAW's with no latency compensation will need to know.

Return to “Effects”