LoudMax 1.12 released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
LoudMax

Thanks a lot LoudMax! It's a great plugin... simple, light and very effective.

Awesome, downloading the new version.
Snare drums samples: the new and improved "dither algo"

Thanks a lot for this great plugin :)

In Wavosaur the gui freezes sometimes, and then the whole programm crashed. Is this from Loudmax or from Wavosaur ?

Talos wrote:In Wavosaur the gui freezes sometimes, and then the whole programm crashed. Is this from Loudmax or from Wavosaur ?
I've notice the same thing. I suspect wavosaur, but since it hasn't been updated in a year and a half, I doubt we'll see a fix from there. As a workaround you can simply not open the GUI and just use the built in parameter controls.

@Rock Hardbuns

Thx for the hint. It works perfect with LoudMax. I am happy that a limiter is not a parameter beast :)

Pretty much loving this! Any chance you add the possibility to input text/values directly, that would be grand!
no sig

Version 1.12 released:

http://loudmax.blogspot.de/

Thank you so much !

Very good! I'm needing exactly this kind of plugin, at the moment.

Question: may I drop my usual limiter and use LoudMax instead? Is LoudMax a limiter too?

dark_virus wrote:Very good! I'm needing exactly this kind of plugin, at the moment.

Question: may I drop my usual limiter and use LoudMax instead? Is LoudMax a limiter too?
Loudmax is a limiter, it's not making stuff louder as Sonnox Inflator or Universal Audio Precision maximizer does for example. For a free limiter I think it's very nice. Keep in mind that it might start to pump if you let it do a lot of gain reduction.
Last edited by solidtrax on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Untold Stories Vol.1 - 64 Arturia MiniFreak presets
Analog History - 84 Behringer DeepMind 6/12/12D presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website

LoudMax wrote:Version 1.12 released:

http://loudmax.blogspot.de/
This is some great news. Thank you for giving loudmax away for free. It definitely belongs into the top5 of my favorite free plugins.

Here is what I like:

- low cpu usage
- low latency
- x64 available
- Sounds good
- Simple
- beautiful GUI
- fair price ;)

solidtrax wrote:
dark_virus wrote:Very good! I'm needing exactly this kind of plugin, at the moment.

Loudmax is a limiter, it's not making stuff louder as Sonnox Inflator or Universal Audio Precision maximizer does for example. For a free limiter I think it's very nice. Keep in mind that it might start to pump if you let it do a lot of gain reduction.
Thanks for the explanation. But, I've read this at the first page of this thread and got confused:
Possible Overdrive without audible distortion: 740dB
So, does this mean that I can increase the volume at the input stage before the plugin and it won't allow distortion? Or is this related to the possible gain reduction features of the plugin itself?

dark_virus wrote:
solidtrax wrote:

Thanks for the explanation. But, I've read this at the first page of this thread and got confused:
So, does this mean that I can increase the volume at the input stage before the plugin and it won't allow distortion? Or is this related to the possible gain reduction features of the plugin itself?
I would forget that number as soon as possible, it's not important imho. What is important to know is that this limiter has a pretty slow release to keep it from distorting. Because it's slow, it doesn't work perfect on all material. In my experience, it's a nice limiter when used gently.
Untold Stories Vol.1 - 64 Arturia MiniFreak presets
Analog History - 84 Behringer DeepMind 6/12/12D presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website

dark_virus wrote:
Maybe I should delete that line.
It really does mean that you can increase the volume at the input stage before the plugin and it won't allow distortion. But no one will ever need 740dB overhead.
It's just important to know that the input signal won't be clipped at 0dBFS. Some other limiter do that.
solidtrax wrote: What is important to know is that this limiter has a pretty slow release to keep it from distorting. Because it's slow, it doesn't work perfect on all material. In my experience, it's a nice limiter when used gently.
The release time is adaptive and will only get slow when distortion would become audible.

Return to “Effects”