Variety of Sound NastyDLA

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://varietyofsound.wordpress.com/

No thread yet? :shock:
There are just a few audio effects available that are capable of instantly turning a small and wimpy riff into something big and meaningful. One of them is the classic chorus/echo combination.

NastyDLA is going to follow this path and recreates all the specific tone qualities while adding just some few but well selected modern features. The plug-in implements some of the most distinctive and much appreciated sonic effects generated by these devices:

* classic chorus and echo effects
* authentic signal path coloration
* tape-delay style feedback and saturation

NastyDLA applies gentle feedback driven delay effects, performs smooth audio signal modulations and adds extra harmonics and saturation effects. It will be available as a freeware VST plug-in for Win32 compatible systems later this autumn.
:love:

I know! I was totally going to make one last night but I kept expecting him to do it and I didn't want to step on his thread with an "unofficial" one. But he didn't, so good on you for making one. I'm keen to find out how it sounds, I think he proved with Ferric that he can do good, realistic sounding tape compression, such an important part of the tape delay sound. I really can't wait to hear this when he puts it out. I am a HUGE fan of tape delay, and right now I have basically just a really good Roland RE-201 simulator from GSi, and a couple freeware plugins that do a pretty good job at a generalist tape delay functionality... I would love to hear what could come from the mind of Bootsie on this, one of my most beloved and yet starved plugin topics.

Yes, that is very good news!
So who else wishes for an early autumn? :D
"There's a certain detail seen here."

It sure seems like Autumn here in Seattle.

haven't tried yet, must be cool as anything related to bootsie

Very exciting indeed. I love the Bootsy plugins.

OT: Does anyone know if NastyVCS has the same EQ section as NastyCS, NastyHF, and Nasty LF? Have the 3 eq's been combined into one GUI with Nasty VSC? Is it the same code?

Is the saturation section of nastyVCS the same as Tessla SE? Just curious because I have all of these and am wondering if I can just use NastyVCS instead of those 4 plugins from now on.
Play it by ear

For once autumn is something to look forward to...

...so uhm, when does this autumn actually start? :oops:

Barf wrote:so uhm, when does this autumn actually start? :oops:
It's the autumn equinox in 4 days time, so around then I reckon ... :wheee:

Sounds very promising, I'm very excited over this :)

pheeleep wrote:Very exciting indeed. I love the Bootsy plugins.

OT: Does anyone know if NastyVCS has the same EQ section as NastyCS, NastyHF, and Nasty LF? Have the 3 eq's been combined into one GUI with Nasty VSC? Is it the same code?

Is the saturation section of nastyVCS the same as Tessla SE? Just curious because I have all of these and am wondering if I can just use NastyVCS instead of those 4 plugins from now on.
NastyVCS was actually a replacement, so i think same or improved version.

There are differences in some of the stuff that's shared between them (in my limited understanding), he talked about them in a prior thread. One uses oversampling, the other doesn't (now that I think about it, maybe it's BootEQ that uses oversampling which introduces latency, and NastyVCS doesn't and introduces no delay?). I think the thread is still on the first page, someone could check it out if they wanted to, all I know is Bootsie's stuff is very high quality and works well.

I wish he'd address a question we asked in the other thread about Ferric but it's his business what he spends his time doing ;)

pheeleep wrote:Very exciting indeed. I love the Bootsy plugins.

that was the idea to have it as a replacment in one single channelstrip. The saturation is different though since that algos had been improved over time.
pheeleep wrote:Is the saturation section of nastyVCS the same as Tessla SE? Just curious because I have all of these and am wondering if I can just use NastyVCS instead of those 4 plugins from now on.
The TesslaSE algos are quiet different and so this plug-in stands out on his own.
follow me on Image

Thanks for the answers here and elsewhere, Bootsie.

Thanks for the answers Bootsy! And thanks for the new plugin!
Play it by ear

There is a 2nd demo of the upcoming NastyDLA, showing some of the realtime modulation possibilities.

http://varietyofsound.wordpress.com/201 ... delay-fun/

Return to “Effects”