ValhallaShimmer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ValhallaShimmer

antithesist wrote:Doesn't it have few enough parameters that you can just write them down, do a screenshot, etc.?
Screenshots is how I've been dealing with it for the last 2 yrs.
"What embecile composed this list :/"

Save a 'new' preset, wouldn't that give you identical settings?

Just sayin'...
Peace...
bluzkat

bluzkat wrote:Save a 'new' preset, wouldn't that give you identical settings?

Just sayin'...
How would I do that?

Listed in the preset menu you should see a listing for 'save as'.

Check the manual for "user presets".

8)
Peace...
bluzkat

bluzkat wrote:Listed in the preset menu you should see a listing for 'save as'.

8)
ValhallaShimmer preset menu. I'm confused; the thing I've been asking Sean for 2yrs you've already got?

re_mute wrote:

8)
ValhallaShimmer preset menu. I'm confused; the thing I've been asking Sean for 2yrs you've already got?
re_mute,

My bad, I was thinking of Valhalla 'Room' and confused it with Shimmer... you are correct sir.

This must be one of those senior moments I keep hearing about.

8)
Peace...
bluzkat

bluzkat wrote:
re_mute wrote:

8)
re_mute,

My bad, I was thinking of Valhalla 'Room' and confused it with Shimmer... you are correct sir.

8)
Ahh, I was hoping you had a beta version or something.
I appreciate the sentiment though, shame the dev is too busy to reply.

re_mute wrote:
bluzkat wrote:
re_mute wrote:

8)
re_mute,

8)
Ahh, I was hoping you had a beta version or something.
I appreciate the sentiment though, shame the dev is too busy to reply.
Or, y'know, I'm not reading KVR at 3 O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING.

With regards to your request: I will look into it in the future. Adding a preset browser might screw up the existing VST/AU preset mechanism, in which case I would be hesitant to add it, as it would wreak havoc with all of the existing projects that use those presets. ValhallaRoom & ÜberMod had different preset code from the start, which means that there was no possibility of conflict with older preset code. These things can be interdependent.

Plus, adding a preset browser implies redesigning the GUI. Which isn't a trivial task. I do want to do this at some point, to add resizability. I should note that the resizability was added to ValhallaRoom because of all the complaints that the VRoom GUI was too big, and I haven't heard this about Shimmer, so changing Shimmer would be a "nice future feature" as opposed to a necessity.

Not everyone loves the preset browser in Room/ÜberMod, BTW. For example, it makes the plugin difficult to navigate for the seeing impaired - the generic VST preset mechanism is a better solution in this case:

http://www.vipaudioaccess.com/valhalla- ... ss-review/

Sean Costello

re_mute wrote:
antithesist wrote:Doesn't it have few enough parameters that you can just write them down, do a screenshot, etc.?
Then I guess your not so f'd after all, at least by my standards.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

antithesist wrote:
re_mute wrote:
Then I guess your not so f'd after all, at least by my standards.
Hence what I said "I'm f**ked if I want to *easily* use the same presets"

Screenshots, by my standards, don't make my workflow easy, it's a pain up the ass.

But seeing as the dev is saying he'll look into it in the the future, which is what he said in March last year, it's time to stop flogging a dead horse, so to speak.

re_mute wrote: But seeing as the dev is saying he'll look into it in the the future, which is what he said in March last year, it's time to stop flogging a dead horse, so to speak.
It's a *big* future.

Sean Costello

wonder how hard it would be to write a simple 'rtas-preset-to-vst-preset' converter. in general, it is not an easy problem, but this is a particular case.

valhallasound wrote: Or, y'know, I'm not reading KVR at 3 O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING.
Well, if you're about to turn into Cap'n Toke anyway ... ever see 'Breaking Bad'?

xh3rv wrote:
valhallasound wrote: Or, y'know, I'm not reading KVR at 3 O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING.
Well, if you're about to turn into Cap'n Toke anyway ... ever see 'Breaking Bad'?
Just the first episode. It looks really good, but I don't have TV in the house anymore.

I tried to find the SNL clip of "The Rolling Paper Chase" where I got the "Captain Toke" reference from, but it doesn't seem to be online. It was pretty brilliant.

I can barely drink green tea without freaking out, so I probably need to hold off on anything stronger until I get the tasks in my queue completed.

Sean Costello

re_mute: Right on, sorry I took your f'dness out of context.

I've just been dealing with this sort of thing for longer than I can remember. It's pretty much a given with inter-platform/host plug-in settings, even if there is a preset browser. Unless, there is some universal exchange format.

I think you're expecting the rare to be common. Which is fine if you don't mind being disappointed a lot. For me, there are only usually a few, if any, parameters to an effect that have to be numerically identical in translation. Otherwise, close gets me there.

If close isn't close enough, the before mentioned methods and saving a new preset do the job. In fact, it's shown me which parameters require what resolution of settings in a given context.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

Return to “Effects”