ValhallaShimmer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ValhallaShimmer

vespers75 wrote:
valhallasound wrote: Well, from a developer's perspective, the total Mac sales and downloads are slightly higher than the total PC sales and downloads. But I digress...
I guess they would be Sean, considering you're not selling a PC version yet. :lol:
Oh, SNAP! :D

Working on a few OSX issues today and tomorrow, then back to the Windows version.

Sean Costello

damn, I knew I shouldn't have downloaded the demo (i'm broke). it sounds as good as I hoped, a lot of control and just huge sounding. really great. just bought it. the demo worked fine on my mac.
macbook pro 2.88 GHz Intel Core Duo, 10 gigs ram, 750GB HD, Logic Studio 9
my blog and some music:
http://rabbitearsmotel.wordpress.com/

michael2 wrote:damn, I knew I shouldn't have downloaded the demo (i'm broke). it sounds as good as I hoped, a lot of control and just huge sounding. really great. just bought it. the demo worked fine on my mac.
Thanks for buying! And thanks to everyone who has bought so far. I'm trying to match forum names to customers - I have a manual order fulfillment system (a fancy name for "I get an email, I type in some info to generate the keyfile, and then I send it out"), so this helps me to keep track of who is buying this.

Sean Costello

valhallasound wrote:I have a manual order fulfillment system (a fancy name for "I get an email, I type in some info to generate the keyfile, and then I send it out"), so this helps me to keep track of who is buying this.
Sean Costello
You might want to automate it when you release the Windows version. We're nameless, faceless, tasteless droids, but we make up for it in volume.
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

mandolarian wrote:
valhallasound wrote:I have a manual order fulfillment system (a fancy name for "I get an email, I type in some info to generate the keyfile, and then I send it out"), so this helps me to keep track of who is buying this.
Sean Costello
You might want to automate it when you release the Windows version. We're nameless, faceless, tasteless droids, but we make up for it in volume.
If I run into a problem where it is hard to keep up with my orders...well, that will be a VERY VERY happy problem to have. Filling an order takes me about 2 minutes, so my manual system should work for now.

Sean Costello

valhallasound wrote:If I run into a problem where it is hard to keep up with my orders...well, that will be a VERY VERY happy problem to have. Filling an order takes me about 2 minutes, so my manual system should work for now.
Sean Costello
Ummm...2 minutes X 0 Windows sales = No time at all. You're fine for now.

:lol:

mandolarian wrote:
valhallasound wrote:If I run into a problem where it is hard to keep up with my orders...well, that will be a VERY VERY happy problem to have. Filling an order takes me about 2 minutes, so my manual system should work for now.
Sean Costello
Ummm...2 minutes X 0 Windows sales = No time at all. You're fine for now.
You make fun? NO WINDOWS SHIMMER FOR YOU!

Accckkkk!!! No, no, for God's sake, mandolarian!

Don't upset him! You know how unstable he is!

...Nice valhallasound....

....Good valhallasound....

....Happy valhallasound....

...Everybody loves you....

...You enjoy making Windows VSTs for all of your wonderful friends...

:P

GreyLion wrote:Accckkkk!!! No, no, for God's sake, mandolarian!

...Nice valhallasound....

....Good valhallasound....

....Happy valhallasound....

...Everybody loves you....

...You enjoy making Windows VSTs for all of your wonderful friends...
No! valhallasound ANGRY! VALHALLASOUND SMASH!! SMASH PUNY VSTs!!!!

(actually, I'm sitting in the middle of a Javascript class right now...otherwise, I'd be coding instead of making interweb funnies)

GreyLion wrote:Accckkkk!!! No, no, for God's sake, mandolarian!

:P
Not unstable - brilliantly eccentric.

I worship Valhallasound! They make me want to buy sissy shiny computer from eveel empire of Cupertino. That is how much I love valhallasound! There is no greater love than that!

/suckup
Last edited by mandolarian on Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

That's more like it! :lol:

valhallasound wrote:
No! valhallasound ANGRY! VALHALLASOUND SMASH!! SMASH PUNY VSTs!!!!

(actually, I'm sitting in the middle of a Javascript class right now...otherwise, I'd be coding instead of making interweb funnies)
They have DSP classes in Javascript now? That is so hip. Mac people really are much more hip and cool. Wish I could fill out a black turtleneck like that. :D

Krakatau wrote:
valhallasound wrote:
Krakatau wrote:I've done a quick demo impro with evp e-piano, and my first impression is that you've really found and unexplored territory since a very long time, way before the VST era !

www.anak-krakatoa.net/~downl/misc/1.mp3
I really like this! I would like it without the effects, for that matter.

Sean Costello
Nothing really sensational, but if you're interested here's the dry version :

www.anak-krakatoa.net/~downl/misc/0.mp3
I was just playing around with this sound file in Logic, and came up with some cool variations. All the sound files are recorded with a single instance of ValhallaShimmer, in the mediumStereo reverb mode, mix at 50%.

First, here's a chorus-type sound. There is a touch of ambience in there as well. Size is at 0, Diffusion at 0.707, no feedback, bright color mode, with mod rate and depth adjusted to get a slow yet deep chorus:

http://www.valhalladsp.com/sounds/Valha ... Chorus.mp3

Next, I turned up the feedback to around 0.7, turned the size up to around 0.37, diffusion at 0.85, shift mode to bypass, color mode on dark, and adjusted the highCut to get a nice, dark modulated reverb sound:

http://www.valhalladsp.com/sounds/Valha ... odHall.mp3

I then set the shift mode to DualReverse, with shift at +12 semitones, set the size to the desired echo rate, and turned the diffusion down to 0.18, to get a pitch shifting echo sound that slowly turns into a reverberant wash:

http://www.valhalladsp.com/sounds/Valha ... owDiff.mp3

Finally, I kept the above settings, but turned Diffusion up to 0.9, to have a pitch shifted reverb (the classic "Shimmer" sound):

http://www.valhalladsp.com/sounds/Valha ... ghDiff.mp3

I love the Rhodes piano source, and I am a fan of how it sounds through ValhallaShimmer, if I do say so myself.

Sean Costello

The audio demos are incredible :shock:
Can't wait for the windows version!

Cheers
Dennis

Return to “Effects”