ValhallaShimmer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ValhallaShimmer

In live 8.2 when sound cuts out and shimmer has focus it kills all the sound. Steps: Hold keyboard key to play note, turn knob, release key, press key again - no sound. Makes it hard to demo. :D

jonahs wrote:In live 8.2 when sound cuts out and shimmer has focus it kills all the sound. Steps: Hold keyboard key to play note, turn knob, release key, press key again - no sound. Makes it hard to demo. :D
Kills the sound, or takes keyboard focus away from the instrument you are using? If the latter, this is behavior I can change in an update. In other words: while the Shimmer editor is being edited, it has priority for keyboard and mouse events.

Sean

That makes sense, but I don't have any other effects that behave in that manner. I tested in Logic with the cap-locks keyboard and it works perfectly.

ETA: It sounds really great! A ValhallaShimmer, Valhallafreqecho, ValhallaShimmer, Valhallafreqecho chain is pretty awesome. The volume cut in the demo is actually pretty cool, too. It adds some nice dynamics. :P I'll be buying it though.
:)
Last edited by jonahs on Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Will there be a 64bit version? :pray:

JediMind wrote:Will there be a 64bit version? :pray:
from the other thread:
valhallasound wrote:
rockreid wrote:since I am now running Windows 7 64 bit I hope your Windows version of your plug will be 64 bit as well. thanx and looking forward to purchasing a 64 bit version.
Not initially. I don't have a 64 bit Windows 7 system, so I have no way of testing this. Once I've sold a few copies, I will be purchasing a Win 7 laptop, or I may install it on my MBP - but I don't want to mess up my development environment before the release.

64 bit Audio Units are a different story. I have everything needed from a tools perspective to develop and test these. The initial 64 bit AU may be delayed a few days from the main release, but it should be fairly straightforward to develop - other developers using my framework have released 64 bit Audio Units.

Sean Costello

I'll look into this in the next few days. The TAL plugins use the same framework that I am using (Juce), and there are 64 bit plugins for those, so it is definitely possible. It will just take a bit of learning on my end, and throwing together a new build.

Sean Costello

Doug1978 wrote:
woolyloach wrote:Perfect timing! Tomorrow is Payday and I have a verified Paypal account.. :hihi: :hihi: There goes my stripper money! :cry: :P :help:
You fiend!
Now how will i pay the rent? :x :cry:
Sorry! But I really want this.. :cry: :help: :-o
Bandcamp: https://suitcaseoflizards.bandcamp.com/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4kuy ... Dx4ziLn3ng
Now a Relay Radio DJ! http:/www.relay-radio.com

...just downloaded the AU version, gonna try it out immediately !

:tu:

valhallasound wrote:
I'll look into this in the next few days. The TAL plugins use the same framework that I am using (Juce), and there are 64 bit plugins for those, so it is definitely possible. It will just take a bit of learning on my end, and throwing together a new build.

Sean Costello
Hi Sean,

I was really interested in this plug but I will have to wait for the 64bit version since I'm mostly in 64 now and don't want the system to be flaky.

Thanx for all your hard work!

I've done a quick demo impro with evp e-piano, and my first impression is that you've really found and unexplored territory since a very long time, way before the VST era !

www.anak-krakatoa.net/~downl/misc/1.mp3

Not beeing perhaps necessarily attracted at the most by the "classical" shimmer effect...
(this is a +and- dual reverse 7th transposition with minimal diffusion effect)
...i'm amazed though, by the intelligence of it conception !

As you may notice, the effect in there reminds of some pluggo grain-based creations like "Harm-Z" or "Snow" and even more that smal eventide harmonizer of early eighties (HM 80) !

...i don't wan't to bother you now, but there would a small whislist by my side to submit to youabout this little gem and it potential, but that will be for another day

Awesome work !

:clap: :tu:
Last edited by Krakatau on Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nice to see this released finally !

will have to try that this weekend. pretty much excited since everyone seems to be positive about it.

then, next week, my goal is to find those 50 bucks :)

Wow Sean, this is even more seductive than I had imagined. This is exceptional software and we are all very lucky to be able to make use of it. Thank you!
Borealis

Krakatau wrote:I've done a quick demo impro with evp e-piano, and my first impression is that you've really found and unexplored territory since a very long time, way before the VST era !

I really like this! I would like it without the effects, for that matter.
Not beeing perhaps necessarily attracted at the most by the "classical" shimmer effect...
(this is a +and- dual reverse 7th transposition with minimal diffusion effect)
One thing that is nice about the diffusion control, in my biased opinion, is that you can get down to no diffusion, up to very high levels of diffusion, and all the levels in between. If you set the diffusion to 0.2 or so with a fair amount of feedback, the result is a discrete pitch shifted echo, that after several repeats will decay away into a softer reverbed echo.
As you may notice, the effect in there reminds of some pluggo grain-based creations like "Harm-Z" or "Snow" and even more that smal eventide harmonizer of early eighties (HM 80) !
I didn't know about the Pluggo plugins. I googled the HM80 - it looks like the first Eventide that had reverse shifting.

Sean Costello

valhallasound wrote:
Krakatau wrote:I've done a quick demo impro with evp e-piano, and my first impression is that you've really found and unexplored territory since a very long time, way before the VST era !

I really like this! I would like it without the effects, for that matter.

Sean Costello
Nothing really sensational, but if you're interested here's the dry version :

www.anak-krakatoa.net/~downl/misc/0.mp3

valhallasound wrote:The new Stretta album also uses ValhallaShimmer - he was a beta tester. I have only listened to a few tracks, but it sounds FANTASTIC.
OT - Didn't realise this was now available, good to hear, was a little concerned/confused after he disappeared from the interwebs. Obviously his business so I'm not going to pry. :)

Return to “Effects”