MultiFreek Install and Find Tool

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I was going to install MultiFreek but it scans your drive on installation and tries to install an executable called findtool.exe.

Anybody know anything about it?

Cheers,
Nigel

nigel_khan wrote:Hi,

I was going to install MultiFreek but it scans your drive on installation and tries to install an executable called findtool.exe.

Anybody know anything about it?

Cheers,
Nigel
Hi,

This is normal. This is an auxiliary tool that searches for your "vstplugins" folders. To be able to run it, the installer first needs to copy it to your sustem.

Does it make any trouble? What concerns you?

Sergey

wow... this software just ultra-froze my computer. i couldn't even get into the task manager... had to hard shutdown my laptop in the middle of a streaming project. :x
Last edited by fanfarecircuit on Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fanfarecircuit wrote:wow... this piece of garbage just ultra-froze my computer. i couldn't even get into the task manager... had to hard shutdown my laptop in the middle of a streaming project. :x
Interesting feedback ))
What exactly have you done with it? I mean - how many instances have you inserted etc.

Thanks

hq9000 wrote:
fanfarecircuit wrote:wow... this piece of garbage just ultra-froze my computer. i couldn't even get into the task manager... had to hard shutdown my laptop in the middle of a streaming project. :x
Interesting feedback ))
What exactly have you done with it?
actually i just "lightened" my feedback... nevertheless, i loaded your plug on 6 tracks inside zynewave podium. i'm on windows x64. brought up the gui on one of the tracks and poof! frozen video, no keyboard, no mouse... just music that continued to stream... :shrug:

i don't like the install process either... i quite know where i want my vsts to go.

pretty much a disaster demo. i'm lucky my hard drive and files are intact.

is your host x64 too?

hq9000 wrote:is your host x64 too?
no. i'm using the 32 bit version of your plug. podium is only 32 bit.

hq9000 wrote:Hi,

This is normal. This is an auxiliary tool that searches for your "vstplugins" folders. To be able to run it, the installer first needs to copy it to your sustem.

Sergey
Well it's unnecessary and suspicious. I usually suspend Anti-Virus on my music machines to improve performance, therefore I am ultra carefull about what I install on it. Your install process and putting an executable on a computer is way too much for a simple plugin install.

Also, with a custom install, the uninstall process does not use the right folder to remove files from.

nigel_khan wrote:
hq9000 wrote:Hi,

Sergey
Well it's unnecessary and suspicious. I usually suspend Anti-Virus on my music machines to improve performance, therefore I am ultra carefull about what I install on it. Your install process and putting an executable on a computer is way too much for a simple plugin install.
be glad you didn't get to try it... my nerves are still fried from listening to my hard drive pop as i hard shut down.

fanfarecircuit wrote:be glad you didn't get to try it... my nerves are still fried from listening to my hard drive pop as i hard shut down.
I feel your pain, that's happened to me before. I now have a virtual machine for testing stuff.

+1 Was interested for test and maybe purchase this plug, but when i have take a look inside the .exe, sorry but, with this kind of install is just niet before installation...

Maybe an another time/version...

Wow, any good results with this program? It looked like a useful tool. Any other vst's out there like this - that break down each track separately?

Also, fanfarecircuit mentioned putting the plug on 6 tracks and I was just wondering if he meant 6 different instances of the program or just one instance on a track w/ 6 tracks reporting to Multifreek? I would assume the latter but just making sure...so please don't take offense. Plus, Podium wasn't listed as one of the DAW's that this was tested to work well on.

BTW, I don't have a dog in this fight, don't know the developer etc. but was just looking to try it and wanted to clarify before I did.
John
"B4serenity"

b4serenity wrote:Also, fanfarecircuit mentioned putting the plug on 6 tracks and I was just wondering if he meant 6 different instances of the program or just one instance on a track w/ 6 tracks reporting to Multifreek?
you put the vst on each track and when you open any of the instances all the tracks show up in the display.

So, once installed, is the plug-in just one DLL or what?

"Don't install other crap on my PC. I know you think you're being clever, but seriously, just give me a zip file, I bloody well know where my VST folder is TY VM..." I imagine the average response is.
Eternitysound VST Banks

Tanks for the heads up
I was just about to try this
Wont bother now ( I know exactly where my VST folder is thanks very much hahah)
Shame because i have been looking for something exactly like this at the right price :(

NAS
Omerta

Return to “Effects”