Nomad Factory's Magnetic - New and on sale

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can someone compare it to JB Ferox or the Nebula Tape presets? :)

There are many excellent Nomad Factory plugins and some lemons as well. I am also curious as to which category this one falls under. I have spent at least 10 minutes with every Nomad Factory plugin (hours with some) and I love 2/3 of them. E TubeTape Warmer is one I don't like. Sounds too "crunchy" to me. Hopefully this one is better.
Play it by ear

Anyone jump in and purchase it yet? curious to how it sounds. Like stated before, some of their plugs are hit and miss. I'm hoping for a hit here!

There is a demo for it. Its included in their 64 bit demo. I also downloaded their 32 bit demo but haven't yet checked if it's included. The have a master demo download that includes all their plugs, so you won't see a separate demo for this.

Haven't yet tried the demo as of right now. Looking forward to trying it. I actually liked the prior Nomad tube-Tape Warmer. The tape gave a nice glueing and tape-like compression.

Since that very early earlier version came out long ago, Nomad has in their recent releases really improved very much so I'm definitely looking forward to checking the demo of this one out, and hearing from others who have also tried it.

So I caved in and got it, worth every penny! My last Nomad purchase was trackbox during the no-brainer deals and I wasn't really all that impressed with it tbh, but Magnetic hit the spot! Going to get lots of use on my mix-busses and drums. Good job Nomad :D

If you buy it as a promotional deal or at reduced price (=dontcrack), you cannot sell them on.
Just thought I'd mention.
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

I have only spent a few minutes with it but it sounds good so far (tried 2 loops running through it).. Need to play with it more..

Also, the installer has changed now so that you can pick which Nomad plugins to install. You don't have to install all the plugins anymore if you don't want to. Bravo Nomad! :)

'
Play it by ear

Can anybody commenting on these

- cpu usage an latency
- does it change the audio as soon as it is inserted
- is the limiteer a limiter or a clipper
- does the plugin do a brickwall softclip like urs saturation tapehead 30 ips

Thanky :)

redshift factor wrote:Is this just a repackaged Essential Studio Suite E-TUBE TAPE WARMER?
As I said in the "Best Analogue Saturation plugin?" thread, that one pretty much stinks.

So contrary to Amon1973, I'm not convinced yet that Nomad Factory knows how to do good tape saturation.

It does have a big red GUI, though!

:-o
But Amon1973 doesn't like the E-Series (and the Liquid also) :-D

As Pheeleep said, they have some excellent plugs and some lemons...I use pretty often the BT Effects and like a lot them all, including the distortion / saturation plug. But I'm into extreme metal, so my taste sucks indeed :)

Thanks so far to those who posted their impressions on the product...apparently there's a demo now, so I'm going to download it and test on my own.

more opinions?
made too much impulse deals in the last weeks :hihi:
#PassionForHappiness

Amon1973 wrote:... apparently there's a demo now, so I'm going to download it and test on my own.
Can't find it ...

Download the latest installer from them. It contains the MAgnetic tape plugin ;)

I'm going to download the demo and give this one a whirl. I'm a sucker for saturation plugins.
My band eluvia | FB | Tweets | SC | Me on ABC

RawTech wrote:Download the latest installer from them. It contains the MAgnetic tape plugin ;)
Thankey :)

caleb82 wrote:If you buy it as a promotional deal or at reduced price (=dontcrack), you cannot sell them on.
Just thought I'd mention.
I sold my British Bundle no brainer deal without any trouble.

Return to “Effects”