Nomad Factory's Magnetic - New and on sale

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pheeleep wrote: Also, the installer has changed now so that you can pick which Nomad plugins to install. You don't have to install all the plugins anymore if you don't want to. Bravo Nomad! :)
YES!!! That is great news. I think I emailed them 3 or 4 times asking them to do this. Glad to see they are listening to their customers!

It was a pain when you only have a couple of their plugins...

I think I will have to try this one out...anyone who has, how does it compare to FerricTDS?

Kudos NomadFactory!
Terry @ Meathook Audio

redshift factor wrote:Is this just a repackaged Essential Studio Suite E-TUBE TAPE WARMER?
It actually does look like it, bundled with the "vintage" EQ (ANTEC?) before the saturation stage.

First time I saw this I was like "wait, did they copy from Magix GUI wise?".

EDIT:
I think I'll maybe only stick to an ALL-TECH EQ -> FerricTDS combo, only that with "Magnetic"; you can switch the frequency bands. Else... dunno... not really convinced to be honest.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

seems I will not bite
#PassionForHappiness

It's a lot easier to over-do it with the E-Tube Tape Warmer. This one is much better IMHO.

Do "Integral Studio Pack" owners get new released plugins for free by the way? Magnetic is running in demo mode even though I have an Integral Studio Pack license.
Play it by ear

Just demoed Magnetic and for $49 it's an absolute no-brainer.

any reason to get this if i have vintage warmer?
macbook pro 2.88 GHz Intel Core Duo, 10 gigs ram, 750GB HD, Logic Studio 9
my blog and some music:
http://rabbitearsmotel.wordpress.com/

michael2 wrote:any reason to get this if i have vintage warmer?
probably not.

After about twenty minutes' worth of A/B-ing.... no, at least not for me. Magnetic is way more flexible if you want that specific old-tape-effect, but overall, I felt that VW2 does the low end much better. Magnetic tends to get a little hazy there. YMMV etc. ppp.

OTOH, If I didn't already have VW and MixSaturator, I might really be tempted. At 49$... sheesh. It's a great offer at this price. Just not for 199$.

Does anyone know if the current Integral license will work for this? I don't see anything about it, but in the new Group Buy email from Don't Crack for the Integral Bundle, it mentions this new plug-in as being included.

Brent
My host is better than your host

Does anyone know if the current Integral license will work for this?

It currently doesn't for me. It shows up as a demo. Perhaps the installer just needs to be updated or this one is not included.

If you click on "Magnetic" in the GUI you'll notice it says DSP Programming for MFX Audio.Inc. It's seems it may be a collaboration of some sort.

But it does have the Nomad Factory logo on it, so perhaps it will be added to the Integral package soon (?)

C'est un mystere..
Play it by ear

pheeleep wrote:Does anyone know if the current Integral license will work for this?

It currently doesn't for me. It shows up as a demo. Perhaps the installer just needs to be updated or this one is not included.

If you click on "Magnetic" in the GUI you'll notice it says DSP Programming for MFX Audio.Inc. It's seems it may be a collaboration of some sort.

But it does have the Nomad Factory logo on it, so perhaps it will be added to the Integral package soon (?)

C'est un mystere..
That's what I'm hoping. I sure don't NEED another tape plug-in, but if it were included, that would be fantastic. If not, no big deal here. But I did see the Don't Crack email that mentioned it being a part of the Integral Bundle. So I don't know if you need a new license for that to apply or not?

Brent
My host is better than your host

It has to be purchased separately. Just got the answer from Nomad. I guess it's only included with the current Integral Studio Pack Group buy. Same as you, I don't "need" it. Would have been nice though. Oh well :)
Play it by ear

aallvor wrote:
probably not.

ariston wrote:
After about twenty minutes' worth of A/B-ing.... no, at least not for me. Magnetic is way more flexible if you want that specific old-tape-effect, but overall, I felt that VW2 does the low end much better. Magnetic tends to get a little hazy there. YMMV etc. ppp.

OTOH, If I didn't already have VW and MixSaturator, I might really be tempted. At 49$... sheesh. It's a great offer at this price. Just not for 199$.
thanks. :)
macbook pro 2.88 GHz Intel Core Duo, 10 gigs ram, 750GB HD, Logic Studio 9
my blog and some music:
http://rabbitearsmotel.wordpress.com/

Nice so if the group buy goes really well, new customers get the bundle for cheap and the extra plug-in.....

and anyone who paid anywhere from past deals up to $1199, get an option of another bill.

Yup sounds about right....

Here's the info I just got from Nomad:

MAGNETIC is free for previous ISP users who bought the ISP from May 1, 2010 until today.

The authorizations for MAGNETIC to ISP users we be delivered when the Don't Crack Goup Buy ends.

So if you got the Integral bundle before May 1, you get the new plugin for free. Otherwise you can get it at the intro price.
Play it by ear

Return to “Effects”