Nomad Factory's Magnetic - New and on sale

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Oh, no, nothing to be sorry about -- it's a valid bug concern. I'm using Live 8.2.1, but I'm still on 10.6.4. I'm still doing the "demo," though, and probably won't buy it until right before the deal ends on 12/12.

Are you using the AU or the VST? i'd try the VST if the AU is the one going wonky on you.

(The Waldrof PPG Wave 3.V AU is currently wonky, so I'm doing the VST on that demo!)

Yeah, same with me....I won't get it straight off.

I might download the demo and try it for the introductory price. Honestly though, why would you have an introductory price of 49 and then raise it to 199?? :nutter:

hibidy wrote:why would you have an introductory price of 49 and then raise it to 199?? :nutter:
Because Nomad plugins that are bought as part of a promotional deal or at reduced price (=lower than in Nomad's store) are NFR.
So buy cheap and lose your money, or buy expensive, pay transfer fees (when the time comes) and maybe get some of your money back.
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

Ambassador Kosh wrote:I have demoed URS Saturator, and wasn't convinced to buy it. Maybe I didn't spend enough time with it, but it seemed to make tracks more crunchy, as Magneto also does, when all I want is that warm, syrupy smoothness that I hear on certain albums like Robben Ford's "Blue Line", or David Gilmour's 1978 solo album, if any of you have given that one a listen lately.
You have listed two albums and attributed their pleasant sonic qualities to the usage of tape for recording... you DO realize that every single album from the 60's and 70's that you've heard was recorded on analog tape, right? Even the shitty sounding records were recorded on tape.

I think peoples expectations for tape sims is way too high. *shrugs*

skills/talent/ridiculously hard and detailed work/blood sweat and tears and lastly decent gear has something to do with why great commercial music sounds so great.

caleb82 wrote:
hibidy wrote:why would you have an introductory price of 49 and then raise it to 199?? :nutter:
Because Nomad plugins that are bought as part of a promotional deal or at reduced price (=lower than in Nomad's store) are NFR.
So buy cheap and lose your money, or buy expensive, pay transfer fees (when the time comes) and maybe get some of your money back.
Thanks, I saw that over on the other thread. Helps explain it :)

@"tape saturation":

See, I don't even sweat things like that. Does it provide a sound you can use that pleases you or not? :shrug:

If it does something (especially faster) to get a desired effect, then it's worth 49 bucks.

hibidy wrote:I might download the demo and try it for the introductory price. Honestly though, why would you have an introductory price of 49 and then raise it to 199?? :nutter:
Purely a marketing strategy -- bet on a BIG difference to encourage "early sales"; thus, the "low" price now looks really low, and the "high" price later is MUCH higher. Gobble, gobble!!! :hihi:

Oh, that's a given :hihi:

I think 50 smackaroonis is a "very fair" price to pay for this -- I'd even go up to, say, $80, maybe, for a full-time price.

It's definitely not worth an investment of $200, though. That's ridiculous. These companies need to stop throwing such large numbers around in these "tough economic times." For $200, it better do a LOT more than tape emulation. :hihi:

(IOW, it better be a killer synth. :D)

Really, advertising $100 for the "normal" price would be enough to get me excited over a $50 "limited time offer" promotion. ;)

Hey guys,

an update from my side: Nomad has solved the problem!! They were very helpfull :) I'm so happy...It works fine now! 8) This plugin is so much fun!

Killer! :cool:

I just bought this, but it truly annoys me that the Don't Crack site requires my DATE OF BIRTH to register. Why in the bloody hell would they need that?! :x If they want to know if I'm 18 or older, just ask (Of course, anyone could just as easily lie about that as they could put a fake birthdate). :roll:

That's not good.

No way in hell would I pay $200 for this. I doubt that ANYONE would really...so I hope they make their sales now.

But, it is a fun plugin and usable in many ways...maybe worth $100 max.

flugel45 wrote:I just bought this, but it truly annoys me that the Don't Crack site requires my DATE OF BIRTH to register. Why in the bloody hell would they need that?! :x If they want to know if I'm 18 or older, just ask (Of course, anyone could just as easily lie about that as they could put a fake birthdate). :roll:
You have to be at least 18 to join?
Are you sure you didn't go to Don'sCrack.com by mistake?

Return to “Effects”