2CAudio Breeze | 2.5 | Simple. Light. Pristine. Intelligently Adaptive.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Breeze

these installers keep failing.
every program is telling me it's fully downloaded, but it keeps giving me that error message when i try to install, again and again. Unzipping with various programs... no go.

This 5 download attempts situation is a bit daunting for people with shit internet.

This is so frustrating.
The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.installer.pagecontroller error -1.)

SJ_Digriz wrote:So I know lots of people use external FX routing with their DAW to integrate external gear into their audio channel. I've been going the opposite way with internal FX routing :)

Ya. :tu:

We have always been a big fan of the latest computer tech, and we have done our best to do cool things with it that would basically be impossible to do in "hardware form". Extreme Offline-render modes in Aether and B2, extreme multi-threading in Kaleidoscope to render thousands of simultaneous voices, now AVX512 optimizations even in our most simple product: Breeze 2.

Basically we think computers are cool. :tu: They are very powerful creative tools and they will almost always evolve faster than custom niche products. We are inspired by their power to "race to the top" rather than to "race to the bottom". We ask, "how can we do something new with all this power" more than "how can we make something cheaper".

Analog gear is cool and sexy and the tactile aspect is simply fun. I don't dispute any of that. I came into this field from ambient music and love the sounds of these synths as much as anyone.

But algo-reverb has basically always been a digital process, and as such it can simply be done in a way better manner on today's insanely powerful computers than it can be on some external gear. And the tactile experience of say a 480 Lark etc is just simply not as cool the physical interaction of say a Moog synth. So I would argue the UI experience of say Breeze 2 full screen on a 5K display is way better than any "hardware verb" with small LCD and/or LARK as well. And I would simply have no idea how something like Kaleidoscope could even be possible without a computer.

So ya, we agree 100%. Send your analog synths into the computer for processing. If the process is digital in nature, it can be done better inside the computer than anything that has ever been developed outside the computer...

a fast computer as a VEP slave FX machine that might cost a couple thousand for example, is more valuable than a single stereo FX processor for the same price IMHO...

It's an exciting time to make music! :tu:

sqigls wrote:these installers keep failing.
every program is telling me it's fully downloaded, but it keeps giving me that error message when i try to install, again and again. Unzipping with various programs... no go.

This 5 download attempts situation is a bit daunting for people with shit internet.

This is so frustrating.
The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.installer.pagecontroller error -1.)

Please turn off your download managers. They are NOT compatible with the web store! (or any generally any web store AFAIK).

Then try the download again. It is NOT big. It is ~ 9MB for OSX, and ~19MB for Win.

If your download manager has burned through your downloads already, email us and I will reset your download count.
Last edited by Andrew Souter on Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2.0.3 still has random -infinity output volume on AU when changing presets. Start a loop, shuffle through presets about every bar, and eventually you will load a preset with the volume turned all the way down. Reloading the preset will give the correct output level. Keep auditioning and it will happen again on a different preset. Random and not specific to any preset that I can see. Not happening in VST. Ableton Live 10.
2020 iMac 27" 10 Core, OS 12.6.6, iConnectAudio2+, iConnectMidi4+, Novation SL MKIII, Push 2, Ableton Live, VCV Rack Pro 2, Bitwig Studio

Andrew Souter wrote: So ya, we agree 100%. Send your analog synths into the computer for processing. If the process is digital in nature, it can be done better inside the computer than anything that has ever been developed outside the computer...

a fast computer as a VEP slave FX machine that might cost a couple thousand for example, is more valuable than a single stereo FX processor for the same price IMHO...

It's an exciting time to make music! :tu:
Exactly this .. I'm treating my computer like a super deluxe platinum version Eventide rack.
I've always maintained that a lot of the character of synths and guitars comes from amp/cabs in the space they are being played. It's IMO why a lot of ITB recordings sound flat even with tons of processing and effects. The main issue I have with the "realtime reamping" is trying to manage the gain stage between the input and output of the audio interface. It just doesn't react "correctly" like a line or instrument level device talking directly along the line. I don't know if it's impedance related or what. It's just really difficult to get the levels to cooperate end to end with dynamic content. Of course that was a problem with mics going through analog gear as well ... so maybe it isn't that different.

But, micing a cab allows all that special sauce of tube compression, band limiting and in the room cross talk between the cabs and walls. It's also most likely why its so hard to nail a spring reverb. The damned spring box is mounted to a wood surface that is being bombarded with vibration even when notes aren't being played. So it isn't the exite/decay properties that are missing, it is a bazillion random variations when they are exited inside a cab, inside a room.

But for sure, this is a fun time for integrating Computing into the equation.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Hello...I recently purchased Breeze 2 and am having a problem. I installed the plug fine on my desktop machine, but when I installed on my laptop....the plugin will not load properly..GUI is a pure white blank in Ableton, and if I load up in Reason, it gives an exception error when I try to paste my authorization code.

I have tried under 2.0.2 AND 2.0.3 (latest version).

Same situation in both cases.

I also uninstalled and re-installed using administrator privileges just to make sure. I have checked and according to windows all my drivers are up to date.

Anybody else have this happen and know what to do?

Thanks in advance

kamurah wrote:Hello...I recently purchased Breeze 2 and am having a problem. I installed the plug fine on my desktop machine, but when I installed on my laptop....the plugin will not load properly..GUI is a pure white blank in Ableton, and if I load up in Reason, it gives an exception error when I try to paste my authorization code.

I also uninstalled and re-installed using administrator privileges just to make sure. I have checked and according to windows all my drivers are up to date.

Thanks in advance
Is your OS and/or CPU supported?
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

kamurah wrote:Hello...I recently purchased Breeze 2 and am having a problem. I installed the plug fine on my desktop machine, but when I installed on my laptop....the plugin will not load properly..GUI is a pure white blank in Ableton, and if I load up in Reason, it gives an exception error when I try to paste my authorization code.

Do you know if the laptop has Open-GL support?

Andrew Souter wrote:
sqigls wrote:these installers keep failing.

This is so frustrating.

please turn off your download managers. They are NOT compatible with the web store! (or any generally any web store AFAIK).

Then try the download again. It is NOT big. It is ~ 9MB for OSX, and ~19MB for Win.

If your download manager has burned through your downloads already, email us and I will reset your download count.
i've tried 3 times.
No download manager. Only Safari and Firefox.
no problems reported with the download, but it's obviously no good.

i know it's not a big file, but it still takes me 30 minutes on my internet connection unfortunately :(

[edit] ok forth time's a charm
Installed

Thanks in advance
I also reported this exact behavior for Studio One and Renoise. It appears to be OpenGL related. But with 2C, you're out of luck if your machine is older :P, so I gave up.

e@rs wrote: I also reported this exact behavior for Studio One and Renoise. It appears to be OpenGL related. But with 2C, you're out of luck if your machine is older :P, so I gave up.
Ce face? Comm'n man...

I guess "out of luck" means the effort we made to provide Win 7 support instantly upon request back in Dec when Microsoft itself does not even support it anymore, doesn't count for anything?

We can't possibly have every 15 year-old laptop that has ever been made at our disposal to test on. If the laptop does not have Open-GL support what can we do? Our new GUI system requires Open-GL -- that's why we can do all the cool things with it that we now can. If it does not work on a very old machine, nothing prevents you from using version 1.2.1, does it? v1.2.1 is well optimized for machines of that age, and is performance competitive with similar 3rd party plugs of that time.

We don't control the ocean. We can only ride the waves as best we can. We must focus on the present. :wink:

otherwise we might have a wipeout situation:

Thanks in advance

Thanks for your email. We see from your email you are on Win10 on a fairly recent system, so in your case this is likely not related to lack of open-GL drivers. We are exploring. Thanks kindly for the report. :tu:

A little Rhodes Jam (Lounge Lizard 4) straight into Breeze 2 using one of the presets from my expansion. Track starts dry, then reverb fades in.

https://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/ ... odes-plate

Andrew Souter wrote:
e@rs wrote: I also reported this exact behavior for Studio One and Renoise. It appears to be OpenGL related. But with 2C, you're out of luck if your machine is older :P, so I gave up.
Ce face? Comm'n man...

I guess "out of luck" means the effort we made to provide Win 7 support instantly upon request back in Dec when Microsoft itself does not even support it anymore, doesn't count for anything?

We can't possibly have every 15 year-old laptop that has ever been made at our disposal to test on. If the laptop does not have Open-GL support what can we do? Our new GUI system requires Open-GL -- that's why we can do all the cool things with it that we now can. If it does not work on a very old machine, nothing prevents you from using version 1.2.1, does it? v1.2.1 is well optimized for machines of that age, and is performance competitive with similar 3rd party plugs of that time.

We don't control the ocean. We can only ride the waves as best we can. We must focus on the present. :wink:

otherwise we might have a wipeout situation:

:) Sure it counts and I appreciate it, but sorry Andrew, with Win7 support you made an effort to offer something that every dev offers from the start. And frankly, only after quite a few people asked for it.

For my older laptop (not 15 years old, but only 10 :hihi:), your new plugin is the absolute first one that didn't work in its 10 years of life and you don't care about it. So yeah, unfortunately 'out of luck with 2C' is not an exaggeration.

But, as the other user said, I already upgraded to Breeze 2. Just not with a smile on my face...

e@rs wrote: :) Sure it counts and I appreciate it, but sorry Andrew, with Win7 support you made an effort to offer something that every dev offers from the start. And frankly, only after quite a few people asked for it.

For my older laptop (not 15 years old, but only 10 :hihi:), your new plugin is the absolute first one that didn't work in its 10 years of life and you don't care about it. So yeah, unfortunately 'out of luck with 2C' is not an exaggeration.

But, as the other user said, I already upgraded to Breeze 2. Just not with a smile on my face...
Again I refer you here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... fact-sheet

Official MS Win7 support ended January 13, 2015.

We don't write every character of all the code that creates our products. We use various SDKs and libraries, and things that handle Open-GL for example etc. All these things have to communicate using agreed-upon standards. The standards must be reasonably modern for it all to work.

Going back and forcing it all to work with Win 7 32 bit without open GL for example, is CERTAIN to cause TONS of bugs for ALL systems, and is CERTAIN to slow down performance on ALL systems, is CERTAIN to delay everything else we would like to do, and is CERTAIN to create a giant mess of unmaintainable code. And even if by some miracle we found super-human power to make it work, it would still be MUCH slower than it is now, and then you'd complain about that. :help:

So I repeat: we must focus on the present if we wish to survive and prosper. :tu:

And ironically, as I understand you even have it working perfectly fine on your Win7 desktop, right?

(Now the user who posted earlier, that you responded to which made me think we were talking about win 7 again, is actually on Win 10, so we ARE exploring that and we thank him for his info...)

Return to “Effects”