2CAudio Breeze | 2.5 | Simple. Light. Pristine. Intelligently Adaptive.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Breeze

I want to say thanks for this sale, finally got Breeze 2, and thanks especially for the extra upgrade discount! I ended up getting all the expansions for it too.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Andrew Souter wrote:
db3 wrote:Just picked this up, sounds fab. :phones:
For me the inspiring presets make it more a creative effect than my stock reverb, and CPU is super-lite!

Only request would be to support mac retina pixel density.
Thanks for the compliments!

Regarding retina, yes, as everything is fully procedural and we offer up to 3840px width size, we can/do already supply all “assets”/drawing with enough resolution to be pixel perfect on retina displays.

It seems we just miss some (hopefully) simple step of automatically mapping an appropriate pixel dimension to whatever retina expects (Ie if a user selected 1440*720 GUI we’d really use the 2880*1440 one or whatever the case may be.

Maybe we will be able to get to this sooner than later. Thanks for the reminder.
Yes, I guess there's some instruction to check and then present graphics at retina pixel density. I look forward to a visual feast when done 8)

There is now a full conversion of Breeze 2 to NKS FX format including a controller template, Breeze 2 factory patches, and browser thumbnails and database integration files for the hardware in the NKS User Library. This is a collaborative effort from myself and a fellow NI forum member ('plopseaw'). The legacy Breeze 1 bank (Breeze 2 version) is also converted, just in the process of finalising it.

From here in User FX/2C Breeze 2

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ulf40cicmwzu ... ChOwa?dl=0

Installation instructions in the info.txt in the root folder

Aiynzahev wrote:I want to say thanks for this sale, finally got Breeze 2, and thanks especially for the extra upgrade discount! I ended up getting all the expansions for it too.

thanks kindly! :tu:

aMUSEd wrote:There is now a full conversion of Breeze 2 to NKS FX format including a controller template, Breeze 2 factory patches, and browser thumbnails and database integration files for the hardware in the NKS User Library. This is a collaborative effort from myself and a fellow NI forum member ('plopseaw'). The legacy Breeze 1 bank (Breeze 2 version) is also converted, just in the process of finalising it.

cool stuff, thanks for the sharing! :tu:

Andrew Souter wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:There is now a full conversion of Breeze 2 to NKS FX format including a controller template, Breeze 2 factory patches, and browser thumbnails and database integration files for the hardware in the NKS User Library. This is a collaborative effort from myself and a fellow NI forum member ('plopseaw'). The legacy Breeze 1 bank (Breeze 2 version) is also converted, just in the process of finalising it.

cool stuff, thanks for the sharing! :tu:
No problem, hopefully these will be of use to somebody. We have added the Legacy Breeze 1 bank now too. Also for both banks, because Komplete Kontrol is intended as a live performance host so doesn't do sends, I added some additional 50% wet versions of any patches that were 100% wet or close (didn't mess with the originals of course, this is just an added extra).

How come there's no Breeze 2 review in the popular magazines yet?
(Not that I care too much, but I just find it strange.)

Andrew Souter wrote:
Aiynzahev wrote:I want to say thanks for this sale, finally got Breeze 2, and thanks especially for the extra upgrade discount! I ended up getting all the expansions for it too.

thanks kindly! :tu:
Thanks from me too :) Because of the sale this is my first 2CAudio plugin - and probably won't be my last if you do other sales in future. :tu:

They do. Twice a year if I remember correctly: Summer and Winter.

e@rs wrote:How come there's no Breeze 2 review in the popular magazines yet?
(Not that I care too much, but I just find it strange.)
No idea really. I found it strange also. My hypothesis is that I think they are less interested in product updates than they are new products, even major updates which basically ARE a new product.

I suppose we could have taken the EA approach and just given it a new name such as Tempest, Hurricane, Typphon, Solar Wind, Toot :o , or Mimbus or whatever... :wink: But we like the Breeze name.

Don't worry though, we have some sneaky plans to get this rectified.
e@rs wrote:They do. Twice a year if I remember correctly: Summer and Winter.
Correct. We try not to do more than that, except into-offers on new products as they become available...

MogwaiBoy wrote:
Thanks from me too :) Because of the sale this is my first 2CAudio plugin - and probably won't be my last... :tu:
Great. Welcome. We'll try to be sure to make that happen... :tu:

MogwaiBoy wrote:How would you compare to my regulars... VintageVerb, VRoom, Blackhole?
Compared to VVV, Breeze2 holds a better balance in the mid frequencies. When doing a reverb shootout recently, I've noticed this weird muddiness in VVV, which I never heard before (mostly as I rarely bother doing shootouts and proper testing of reverbs). But there it was. Once heard, it can't be unheard, lol.

I think I posted about this earlier in the thread and bmanic has confirmed that he hears the same issue in VVV ( while a whole swathe of the populace don't hear it :hihi: )

It's something that can't be equalised out nor do i want to bother wasting time doing that.

So, Breeze2 has a much nicer sound in this area, and then, it's a top sounding reverb in all other areas, so for the money and no iLok (grr!) it was an easy decision to make. So I bought a licence.

However, I do prefer the way all the damping and EQ controls are designed/laid outing VVV, than in Breeze2. Maybe it's because I'm still new to Breeze2, and the curves seem too fresh in a reverb plugin, I dunno.... I need to give it more time.

I'd recommend Acon Verberate as a great companion to Breeze2 (or VVV) it's such a lush, and real sounding reverb, but yet so different to the usual suspects.
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

To say something nice about VVV: it is very efficient, or at least very low CPU-usage. Sean did a great job with that. VVV and Breeze 2 are the lowest CPU usage verbs I've found when I checked 6 months ago or so. (Both have some degree of variable CPU usage depending on preset settings as far as I can tell -- so there is some degree of wiggle room in comparisons -- but both are very low on CPU usage.)

Most of the Lex Clones are low CPU bc the algorithm they are based on is very low CPU bc at the time it was first created they had very limited compute resources compared to what is possible today. Lex PCM is low CPU for the same reason... EA plugs are significantly higher than Lex PCM even though their designer came from Lex, and is certainly NOT uninformed on the subject. He simply apparently made design decisions that are more resource intensive like we did (to an even more extreme degree) in Aether and B2. (I don't have any special insights other than trying the demos/products.)

Anyway, based on my checking, Breeze 2, VVV, and Lex PCM are the winners for ultra low CPU usage in the market at the moment as fas as I am aware.

But Breeze 2 alg is innately much more complex than what I know of the the vintage Lex-style algs. And the fidelity of our dsp is quite extreme in comparison to others... particularly on topics of modulation. Just try feeding other verbs of your choice a high frequency sine wave and turn up the modulation. You might be very surprised... try even a low freq sine wave. Try it. We dare you. :wink:

Nothing on the market approaches Breeze 2 in terms of it's ultra pristine tech specs on this topic. And so I'd say if you can achieve that, while at the same time as being very low on CPU usage, that is true meaning of being "efficient" and not just "low CPU"...

That's what's personally interesting to us at least. It's always cool to have other perspectives and flavors and tools as well of course. There is room for options of course. :tu:

Andrew Souter wrote:To say something nice about VVV: it is very efficient, or at least very low CPU-usage. Sean did a great job with that. VVV and Breeze 2 are the lowest CPU usage verbs I've found when I checked 6 months ago or so. (Both have some degree of variable CPU usage depending on preset settings as far as I can tell -- so there is some degree of wiggle room in comparisons -- but both are very low on CPU usage.)

Most of the Lex Clones are low CPU bc the algorithm they are based on is very low CPU bc at the time it was first created they had very limited compute resources compared to what is possible today. Lex PCM is low CPU for the same reason... EA plugs are significantly higher than Lex PCM even though their designer came from Lex, and is certainly NOT uninformed on the subject. He simply apparently made design decisions that are more resource intensive like we did (to an even more extreme degree) in Aether and B2. (I don't have any special insights other than trying the demos/products.)

Anyway, based on my checking, Breeze 2, VVV, and Lex PCM are the winners for ultra low CPU usage in the market at the moment as fas as I am aware.

But Breeze 2 alg is innately much more complex than what I know of the the vintage Lex-style algs. And the fidelity of our dsp is quite extreme in comparison to others... particularly on topics of modulation. Just try feeding other verbs of your choice a high frequency sine wave and turn up the modulation. You might be very surprised... try even a low freq sine wave. Try it. We dare you. :wink:

Nothing on the market approaches Breeze 2 in terms of it's ultra pristine tech specs on this topic. And so I'd say if you can achieve that, while at the same time as being very low on CPU usage, that is true meaning of being "efficient" and not just "low CPU"...

That's what's personally interesting to us at least. It's always cool to have other perspectives and flavors and tools as well of course. There is room for options of course. :tu:
Indeed....not only that. I still didn´t find any other reverbs beside Breeze 2 and B2 which still sounds so nice if you cascade them until your cpu breaks.

himalaya wrote: Compared to VVV, Breeze2 holds a better balance in the mid frequencies. When doing a reverb shootout recently, I've noticed this weird muddiness in VVV.
+1. I stopped using VVV due to same perception.

Return to “Effects”