2CAudio Breeze | 2.5 | Simple. Light. Pristine. Intelligently Adaptive.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Breeze

oooh!
2020 iMac 27" 10 Core, OS 12.6.6, iConnectAudio2+, iConnectMidi4+, Novation SL MKIII, Push 2, Ableton Live, VCV Rack Pro 2, Bitwig Studio

Processing a little impro played on my ancient accordion with a custom Breeze 2 preset.

https://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/ ... s-breeze-2

Andrew Souter wrote:quick status update:

150 Factory Presets are complete now...

250 Presets for the "Simply Better Expansion" are complete now as well. I have made this one personally to show all the possibilities of the new features... this one focuses on "daily use" presets a lot more than FX presets.

but we just added a REALLY COOL last minute feature, and now I want to evaluate these presets again to see which ones should use this new feature... so it will probably be next week by time I post the new presets etc.

We have decided to create one other 3rd party expansion as well (by Simon), which will also be included in the Breeze 2.0 Pack and Perfect Storm and Everything pack once complete. (if you already bought these it will be gifted to you.)

We will also retune the "Simplicity Expansion" to optimize it for the 2.0 features. This was done by a third party (Den), so we are waiting for his availability to retune it...

We like doing these 3rd party expansions in addition to mine bc sometimes it is good to have different perspectives and sometimes it's even better NOT to know how the alg works exactly bc it has the side effect of forcing you to use your ears exclusively to make presets. And of course all this stuff is subjective, so it's nice to have different perspectives. :tu:

anyway, this last minute feature is REALLY COOL! 8)
Hi Andrew ,

Perhaps I'm wrong but the intro price of 75 USD includes some expansions as well right?

Or is the expectation that we spend for a reverb - with a 50 USD discount and then nullify that discount with an expansion or two?

Also, when is the introductory price up to?

axb312 wrote: Hi Andrew ,

Perhaps I'm wrong but the intro price of 75 USD includes some expansions as well right?

Or is the expectation that we spend for a reverb - with a 50 USD discount and then nullify that discount with an expansion or two?

If you are a new customer, the pre-release price is $74.95 for Breeze 2.0, or $99.95 for Breeze 2.0 "Pack" which includes, Breeze 2.0 and all Breeze preset expansions (and also includes Breeze 1 at the moment just in case anyone needs to use it).

If you have Breeze 1, Aether, or B2, you can subtract $25 off these prices by using this voucher code:

Crossgrade_2CAudioBreeze2

we expect to make a new 2.0.2 version available tomorrow, which will include:

0) a new feature which can spatialize the input signal to function something like invisible Early Reflection energy to give incredible sense of instant space and depth
1) final factory presets (160 total)
2) final "Simply Better" expansion (260 presets, made by me personally using all new 2.0 features)
3) Light Mode GUI
4) fix of AU crash on plug-in removal or move in mixer (Denis already posted that fix earlier in the thread)
5) Import package command back to the File menu to install preset expansions
6) GUI resize without plug-in reload in AAX (already woks for AU and VST)
7) Other misc fixes

then we expect we will have a 2.0.3 with any final tweaks/fixes done by Feb 1 or so, and the Pre-release phase will end at that point. So the price will go up on Feb 1. It will go up $25. Then on March 1, it will go up another $25 to full normal price.

Simon is also making a preset expansion and it will be retro-avtively included in the Breeze 2.0 pack once it is complete.

So, ya, I'd suggest the pack:

https://www.designersound.com/breeze/22 ... -pack.html

but it's up to you, just the plug with factory presets is here:

https://www.designersound.com/breeze/222-breeze-20.html

We have made it quite easy to make you own presets also of course.

Hi Andrew. Will you be emailing license owners when it's available? I don't want to have constantly check this thread. thanks!

Andrew Souter wrote:
axb312 wrote: Hi Andrew ,

If you are a new customer, the pre-release price is $74.95 for Breeze 2.0, or $99.95 for Breeze 2.0 "Pack" which includes, Breeze 2.0 and all Breeze preset expansions (and also includes Breeze 1 at the moment just in case anyone needs to use it).

If you have Breeze 1, Aether, or B2, you can subtract $25 off these prices by using this voucher code:

Crossgrade_2CAudioBreeze2

we expect to make a new 2.0.2 version available tomorrow, which will include:

0) a new feature which can spatialize the input signal to function something like invisible Early Reflection energy to give incredible sense of instant space and depth
1) final factory presets (160 total)
2) final "Simply Better" expansion (260 presets, made by me personally using all new 2.0 features)
3) Light Mode GUI
4) fix of AU crash on plug-in removal or move in mixer (Denis already posted that fix earlier in the thread)
5) Import package command back to the File menu to install preset expansions
6) GUI resize without plug-in reload in AAX (already woks for AU and VST)
7) Other misc fixes

then we expect we will have a 2.0.3 with any final tweaks/fixes done by Feb 1 or so, and the Pre-release phase will end at that point. So the price will go up on Feb 1. It will go up $25. Then on March 1, it will go up another $25 to full normal price.

Simon is also making a preset expansion and it will be retro-avtively included in the Breeze 2.0 pack once it is complete.

So, ya, I'd suggest the pack:

https://www.designersound.com/breeze/22 ... -pack.html

but it's up to you, just the plug with factory presets is here:

https://www.designersound.com/breeze/222-breeze-20.html

We have made it quite easy to make you own presets also of course.
So the Breeze 2.0 pack would be Breeze 2 + Factory presets + Simply Better expansion + Simon expansion?

That's 175 USD worth of software/ presets for 100 USD?

axb312 wrote:
So the Breeze 2.0 pack would be Breeze 2 + Factory presets + Simply Better expansion + Simon expansion?

That's 175 USD worth of software/ presets for 100 USD?
Close, but better:

Breeze 2.0 pack =

Breeze 2 ($125)
Breeze 2 Factory Presets ($0)
Breeze 1 Factory Presets ($0)
Breeze Simplicity Expansion ($25)*
Breeze Simply Better Expansion ($25)**
Breeze "Simple Simon" :D Expansion ($25)***

So $200, not $175, for $99.95 atm...

*(made for breeze 1.0, by Den, and we are hoping to have him update/rework it to use all the Breeze 2.0 stuff, but no ETA on this yet... nontheless it does already work as-is in Breeze 2)

**made by me with 100% concentration on all 2.0 features, and focusing mostly on "daily use" presets

*** being completed now by Simon using the all the new 2.0 features. Not the final title. :wink: We will title it according to the content. I assume his will be more "creative" than mine, as I intentionally made more conservative stuff this time since we already have B2 and Aether that can already do really crazy special FX stuff. But Simon is in full creative control, and can do as he likes as I deeply respect his abilities and taste as a sound designer, so let's see what he comes up with. Indeed he already came up with stuff I did not expect in his presets that are included in the factory bank. So I am as excited as everyone else to hear what he comes up with! :tu:

(oh, it also includes Breeze 1 at the moment, but we do expect breeze 2 to effectively replace breeze 1, so we're not inflating the base price by this amount, as we don't think that is quite fair/accurate... but who knows, maybe somebody will want to use Breeze 1 together with Breeze 2 for some reason we have not foreseen...)

Andrew Souter wrote:
*** being completed now by Simon using the all the new 2.0 features. Not the final title. :wink: We will title it according to the content. I assume his will be more "creative" than mine, as I intentionally made more conservative stuff this time since we already have B2 and Aether that can already do really crazy special FX stuff. But Simon is in full creative control, and can do as he likes as I deeply respect his abilities and taste as a sound designer, so let's see what he comes up with.
Well, my presets are cross-country really, while making presets I often experiment using all sorts of input sources, playing music and improvising straight into Breeze 2, so the input sort of shapes the preset. I'm also doing “normal“ presets which can be used for all kinds of applications, but as always I'm interested in the experimental/drastic side of things, “hidden“ sounds in Breeze 2 which take some time and experimentation to discover. “Simple Simon“ as an expansion name might not nail the content :D

we expect to make a new 2.0.2 version available tomorrow,
Can you give us a shout (here) when it's up?
That will give us an email notice...
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

Sampleconstruct wrote: “Simple Simon“ as an expansion name might not nail the content :D
I'm quite sure it won't. :D

i just have a cheesy sense of humor and weakness for alliteration. :oops:

we will of course use a more appropriate name. :tu:

re email notice, yes. we will send out a final reminder email regarding the Winter Promo/Pre-Release tomorrow, and will mention this in that email. when you see that email it means 2.0.2 is available in the "My Downloads" section of the store.

Andrew ,

Thank you very much for your quick and concise replies in the forum...

I have no experience with 2C so far. Currently own some Valhalla verbs. I demoed Breeze tho and heard something different on a simple piano track (although maybe this could've been corrected by fine tuning settings) in comparison with the valhalla verbs.

Been hearing good things about Lexicon, Liquid Sonic and Akon Digital's stuff this year...would you say Breeze 2 is in the same league as say Lexicon PCM?

Everyone else - your thoughts/ reviews please...

axb312 wrote:Andrew ,

Thank you very much for your quick and concise replies in the forum...

I have no experience with 2C so far. Currently own some Valhalla verbs. I demoed Breeze tho and heard something different on a simple piano track (although maybe this could've been corrected by fine tuning settings) in comparison with the valhalla verbs.

Been hearing good things about Lexicon, Liquid Sonic and Akon Digital's stuff this year...would you say Breeze 2 is in the same league as say Lexicon PCM?

Everyone else - your thoughts/ reviews please...

I would say that Lexicon PCM is 30 year old tech. It was the leader. 30 years ago. It is still reasonably good today. (which is incredibly impressive given it's age -- the primary research done by DG is still valid today -- which supports his utter brilliance -- if you are a reverb developer you would be a fool not to read all of his papers. :tu: ) But it's implementation is 30-year old tech now. We are significantly ahead of it at this point IMHO.

Exponential Audio is effectively a continuation of Lex. It'd be better to compare us to that as it is perhaps a more fair comparison as that is still being actively developed. To my personal ears we win that battle too, but people don't like it when you "toot your own horn" so it's better for someone else to answer on such topics.

Remember Aether won an EM award years ago and a SoS nomination and various other accolades. That was several years ago now, and it was our very first product in the market. We have learned a whole bunch of new things since then, and continue to learn and grow every day, so you can be sure Breeze 2 takes our legacy and builds upon it with all our latest knowledge and insights. There is tons of very novel stuff in Breeze 2 in the DSP IP department...

No one has ever complained about our sound quality. We have basically been the leader in this regard more or less. We get random emails to this day praising the sound of Aether and B2, both of which have not been updated in years.

The only complaint we receive is CPU-usage. Aether and B2 can use a lot. Breeze 2.0 now solves that as well, and such optimizations will make their way to Aether and B2 as well. :tu:

Let me share a support email that came yesterday as an exmaple of why I say such things:
Hi Andrew

Thank you for your prompt response! I've made the purchase and already
downloaded Breeze2.

I've just listened to the demos and I'm blown away, not only by the reverb
quality, but by the soulfulness of your musicianship - especially on the
track "If You Would Only Let Me." There's something deeply spiritual and
evocative calling out from this composition.

I have spent a lot of money on reverbs in the last five years. Despite
owning all but one of the Eventide's reverbs, to Zynaptiq's Adaptiverb,
most Waves reverbs and a good few UAD's - as well as Nimbus, The Perfect
Storm stands proud. My ears and 30 years of recording under the belt, tell
me that there's nothing I need, that I cannot get from the reverbs in The
Perfect Storm, rendering my other reverbs an expensive exercise in
curiosity and duplication. (The one notable exception to me is not an algo
reverb - Acustica Audio's Ebony. It's a very niche reverb, but wonderful to
my ears.)

The reverbs in The Perfect Storm excel under scrutiny. The jaded response I
had to all the other algorithmic reverbs on my hard drive, was rather like
having had too much pudding after Christmas dinner. My comparative
listening experience tells me that 2C Audio's reverbs deliver believable
spaces, animation and movement. If I were ever forced to sell off, 2C Audio
reverbs would be the last survivors on my hard drive.

The service and quality of your offering is the reason you will not only
stay in business, but thrive. Your response today is a textbook example of
why I refuse to buy anymore UAD and Waves plugins. Service, such as has
been delivered today from you, cannot exist in a large corporate
environment. Carry on doing what you're doing and you'll always have loyal
supporters!

With sincere appreciation and gratitude
Tim Berndt

On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 7:36 PM, <info@2caudio.com> wrote:

> HI Tim.
>
> Thanks for pointing this out. Yes, indeed, the default time value for new
> coupon is 1-month, and it seems to have expired today. This was a
> mistake. I have corrected it now, and it will no longer expire. Please
> try the order again.
>
> -Andrew Souter
>
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
> Hello!
>
> I logged in to buy the Breeze upgrade including Perfect Storm bundle 3.0
> using the
> "Crossgrade_2CAudioBreeze2" voucher, for $49.95. Although this is still
> advertised on the website, when the voucher is entered, I get a message
> that the voucher has expired.
>
> Please advise as to whether the deal is still valid, seeing it is still
> advertised, or whether it has indeed expired.
>
> Many thanks!
> Tim Berndt
>

...these kind of messages happen fairly often.

We are just passionate perfectionists and really love what we do. We will continue to give you all the best of our ability and make every effort to increase our ability with every new generation of our products. We are artists, just like you. :tu:

Return to “Effects”