2CAudio Breeze | 2.5 | Simple. Light. Pristine. Intelligently Adaptive.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Breeze

2.0.2 coming in a few hours. first I have to go sledding with my baby son and mamma, so they don't disown me. ;-)

:D

You know you are a workaholic when you start the dinner conversation with "hi, my name is dad and you are?"... Unfortunately, I've been guilty of some version of that conversation over the years.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote: noted ... mix automation support would be good as soon as you can as Cubase does not have wet/dry between inserts.
ya that is prob the most desirable thing to have smooth automation for, esp with the new feature we just added, and it happens to be fairly trivial to do. Maybe we can do it for 2.0.x... we'll see.

It's really the only one that is trivial though. Just out of curiosity what other things do you wish you could automate perfectly smoothly, in order of importance?

Andrew Souter wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote: noted ... mix automation support would be good as soon as you can as Cubase does not have wet/dry between inserts.
ya that is prob the most desirable thing to have smooth automation for, esp with the new feature we just added, and it happens to be fairly trivial to do. Maybe we can do it for 2.0.x... we'll see.

It's really the only one that is trivial though. Just out of curiosity what other things do you wish you could automate perfectly smoothly, in order of importance?
as I was messing around the ones that I tended to adjust a lot over time are the mod ones (width, rate, depth). So probably a PITA to keep synced. In order of likelihood of messing with ... depth the most, rate 2nd, width being least needed.

Obviously increasing size would be nice too, but I just happened to notice while I was jacking with modulation.

Cheers
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

lnikj wrote:You know that Jonny Ive's design fetishes will strike again Andrew and deliver you with a 'real' mac pro as some glowing translucent cube or somesuch that somehow still locks you into Apple's expensive components.
god I hope not. honestly, if they care more about phones and watches these days, why not just license the OS to Dell/HP.... those are "Real" workstations and are always up to spec with the latest intel generation and GPUs etc. Or simply go back to the previous gen and simply use the latest components. Pre-trashcan Max Pros were basically equivalent to the Dell/HP workstations in components AND (believe it or not) price. And had a much higher build-quality and resale value. I've got my 2008 Mac Pro right next to my 2013 one here, and the 2008, looks perfectly current even in 2018.

I say this being a big OSX fan from the user perspective, writing from OSX, on my trashcan. But I have used windows also, and we do development on Windows in Visual Studio. I've used both since 2000 or so.

but the "pro" hardware has on average lagged behind what one could build on the win side over the last decade or two, with a few exceptions here and there in terms of pure performance of ultra extreme machines. The pre trash-can mac Pro generation was the best notable exception. It was LEADING the market at the time. Not really true since then (except in design).

of course in laptops no one comes close (at least until quite recently). and of course many more people have laptops than workstations... so you can't blame them I suppose...

anyway, I am quite curious to see what they do with this new mac pro....

Well, I understand very well that this is not a proper goal for Breeze and I'm perfectly fine with this, but, just I'm just telling you my experience for talking in general (really)…
One thing I have always had problems with in almost any reverb I tried, even the best ones, is to use them with the automation in order to give the feeling of moving sound sources on the stage, in a realistic way.
For instance: the trombone player, while playing without stopping, enters the stage from the rear left and approaches the listeners in the front center, while the violinist, at the same time, also playing without stopping, starts at the rear center and exits on the front left… things of that kind. It can be done well with a panner (Panagement, Oculus Spatializer and others, especially binaural ones), but there are very few softwares that are really and properly reverbs, above all, and can do such things smoothly. The best results I have obtained in this field so far have been with Eareverb (absolutely not as fascinating as the Perfect Storm reverbs in its sound and features, but can be automated rather smoothly on my system when I really need to do this; I read that others, on other systems, have different results). I dream of a future in which I will be able to do such things with the quality of the 2CAudio reverbs…

(oh… 2C… B2… perhaps the next one will be 2A? Or B3?) :hihi:

I made a template for Aether in NI Kore 2 that enabled morphing between Aether spaces but Kore is not viable now

Another company I know but this is made to morph smoothly - just not the 2C quality

I tried it, but automation crackles on my system…

2.0.2 is online for existing customers:

https://www.designersound.com/mydownloads

2.0.2 PRE-RELEASE DEMO VERSIONS:

OSX:
http://www.2caudio.com/sitecontent/prod ... X_Demo.zip

WIN:
http://www.2caudio.com/sitecontent/prod ... n_Demo.zip

Changes:
  • Mix/Balance switch Button (click on mix label)**
  • Full Factory Presets
  • Simply Better Preset Expansion Availability
  • Import Expansion Action in File Menu
  • AU-Crash On Remove/Move Fix
  • On-the-fly GUI-resize for AAX
  • Light Mode GUI
  • Various Minor Fixes
Known DSP/Audio/Feature Issues:
  • NONE
Known GUI Issues:
  • OSX still has minor GUI artifacts
  • OSX GUI artifacts manifest more severely when using Light Mode GUI (if on OSX you probably want to use Dark Mode atm)
  • Light Mode GUI is still being refined some
  • Browser page needs the vertical scrollbar (Click on NONE, and the expand one preset bank at a time for now)
Note these GUI artifacts are on OSX only. These issues are our next focus task.

So in the 2.0.2 release, full version. In the AU version, there are random output volume settings of -infinity (no output) when changing presets. Around once every 10-20 preset changes. The preset is correct, and raising the volume fixes it. Also backing up a preset and then going forward to reload it will load the correct output volume. This does not appear to be preset specific.

This is not happening that I can see in the VST version, just the AU. I seem to remember something like this happening in B2, but much less often, more like once in every 100 preset selections, so I don't think I every reported this as a bug. This is more annoying.

Very much enjoying Breeze 2! mid 2010 3.33 Ghz Hexacore Power Mac, Live 10 beta, OS 10.12.6
2020 iMac 27" 10 Core, OS 12.6.6, iConnectAudio2+, iConnectMidi4+, Novation SL MKIII, Push 2, Ableton Live, VCV Rack Pro 2, Bitwig Studio

Andrew Souter wrote:Changes:
[*] Simply Better Preset Expansion Availability
2CAudio (via email) wrote:Perfect Storm 2.5 customers who order Breeze 2.0 during the Winter Holiday Promo will be given the Simply Better Expansion at no cost, effectively upgrading them to Perfect Storm 3.0 for only $50.
Should we have the expansion in our accounts? I don't. Danke.

audiosabre wrote: Should we have the expansion in our accounts? I don't. Danke.
I'm trying to figure out how to do this most effectively within the new store framework without just forcing people to use a voucher. It is proving to be rather messy because all of the various qualifying order histories. Might take a few more hours and/or slightly longer... don't worry, you'll get it in one way or another.

actually let's try something:

add it to your cart:

https://www.designersound.com/breeze-ex ... nsion.html

goto checkout. If you qualify you should see a special voucher pop-up auto-magically. Accept it. The price should be made $0.00.

Does that work for you?

Andrew, you can ignore the email. I saw the private message before the above response. The aforementioned instructions regarding the store coupon worked for me :)

Thanks. Much appreciated 8)

great. Yes, it works for my test account too. So we will do it this way. I think it's not too painful.

I wish I could just add it automatically to everyone's account, and i could for people who bough PS 2.5 in one step. But for people who first bought Aether, and added over time, or bought PS 2 and then upgraded to 2.5, etc etc it gets VERY messy to track and I have no idea how I could add it all these various conditions...

And really this is only one extra step that prob only adds 15sec to the process, so I think this way is fine and not much hassle.

Return to “Effects”