2CAudio Breeze | 2.5 | Simple. Light. Pristine. Intelligently Adaptive.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Breeze

audiosabre wrote:I've been using Breeze 2 a shed load.
Great to hear! Thanks! :tu:
audiosabre wrote: Though I'm fairly inefficient at making verb presets, and wish there were more specially built for sounding narrow. Don't always want a super stereo thing going on. I know width is easy enough to tweak, but it does change the perceived sound significantly compared to other verbs. Please consider making some ones tailored to sound good narrow. Thanks :tu:
Well many verbs like those rhyming with Flexicon, and everyone else who has tried to copy them and/or evolved from them, more or less use a simple Mid-Side rotation matrix thing on output to adjust width.

We were of the opinion that this is not quite 100% desirable so we achieve width control in a different, more complex, manner. (Although I admit, simple M-S processing can be useful sometimes for special FX, and I have thought about adding it to B2 for example.)

If you want this ultra narrow, but not mono result, and simply moving our width control to a very low value does not quite do it for you, you can simply add a Mid-Side "stereo imager" plug-in after Breeze, such as Waves S1, and/or all the built in host plugs that do the same thing. This will give the same result you describe.

The other trick is perhaps to set Breeze width FIRST before starting to tweak the other parameters on the right of the GUI such as Contour, Shape, Density, Diffusion. And then try the Alg Randomize button to quickly try 5, 10, or 100 variations to find something that works perfectly...

hope it helps

zadillo wrote:Alright, I'm sold - just experimented with Breeze 2 Center Stage Hall combined with the Sample Modeling French Horn and a TEControl BBC2 breath controller:
Welcome. Great example! :tu:

Still enjoying Breeze, just one issue: I cannot type values in. If I double click on a value it changes size and colour and I can type letters in but not numbers.

I am running 2.02 [D171] X64 AVX on latest Cubase

Still enjoying Breeze, just one issue: I cannot type values in. If I double click on a value it changes size and colour and I can type letters in but not numbers.

Keith99 wrote:Still enjoying Breeze, just one issue: I cannot type values in. If I double click on a value it changes size and colour and I can type letters in but not numbers.

Do you mean from the numerical keypad on the right, or from the top row of numbers on the top of the keyboard? or both?

Breeze 2 is beautiful! Love it!
Just one slight issue, on my mac, the search function doesn’t seem to work? I can’t input any text.
Am I doing something wrong?

simmo75 wrote:Breeze 2 is beautiful! Love it!
Just one slight issue, on my mac, the search function doesn’t seem to work? I can’t input any text.
Am I doing something wrong?
Just double click and start typing. It does actually work. Just not obvious yet as explained here:
Andrew Souter wrote: Also, in the 2.0.2 and earlier versions, we did not have a proper "text entry edit state" image/display, so it is hard to know if text entry is currently active or not. That is fixed in the forthcoming 2.0.3 version. In 2.0.2 if you simply double click and start typing you can actually enter text. It's simply not clear that you can do this until you start typing bc there is no change to what you see.

in 2.0.3 text entry looks like this (for knobs, and similar for other controls as well):

we're spending a few extra days on last minute optimizations to see if we can make things even faster than they already are. Then we will release the next build as the official 2.0 release. :tu:

I swear v2 is using DOUBLE the CPU of v1 here for me.
Using the same preset, no matter what the preset.
OSX 10.9.5, Live 9
latest versions of both plugins.

should not be possible AFAIK. what CPU? What buffer size?

2.7GHz i7
I'll do some more specific testing shall I... get back to you ;)

do you know specific model number?

can you send a screen shot of the INFO page of the GUI so that we know if you are using SSE or AVX?

if you want to make direct comparisons, you should use the Classic Alg Modes. These are closest to Breeze 1. The others do more work than Breeze 1, but even these should be faster in all cases on an AVX1 CPU or higher. I did not personally time/check SSE results yet, but they must certainly be faster as well for Classic modes at the very least.

I'll make a chart of our results on various CPUs. I've got an SSE 2008 Mac Pro, a AVX1 2013 Mac Pro Cylinder, and I will receive the base model iMacPro today to test AVX512 on as well. And I can test windows on these machines as well, but OSX/Win results are generally the same.

The way we are comparing is the time it takes to render/bounce a long file such as 5min (or even 20min) as this is a test that is impossible to cheat at, and various host meters measure different things and are hard to interpret properly.

Andrew Souter wrote:
Keith99 wrote:Still enjoying Breeze, just one issue: I cannot type values in. If I double click on a value it changes size and colour and I can type letters in but not numbers.

Do you mean from the numerical keypad on the right, or from the top row of numbers on the top of the keyboard? or both?
Both yes. The number key presses are being sent to Cubase in the background instead. Breeze is definitely focused though as I can enter letters

might be a Cubase setting?
plugins receiving key commands or something like that?

sqigls wrote:might be a Cubase setting?
plugins receiving key commands or something like that?
ya I have no problem with numerical text entry in Cubase 9.5.1 OSX.

Other plugins work fine and AFAIK there is no setting like that in Cubase. Might it be the vst3 implementation?

Return to “Effects”