"Molot" VST Compressor (freeware) 0.3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Still not showing up in live 8 on mac OS10.5.2 :(

jackrabbit wrote:Still not showing up in live 8 on mac OS10.5.2 :(
If it's any consolation, Molot VST doesn't show up in my Live 7 on 10.5.8 (Intel) either. Nor can it be found as VST in Twisted Wave on the same system.

However, the VST does show up just fine, with GUI and all, in Live 8, OS 10.6.8.

Seems like Molot VST has a problem with Leopard but enjoys the company of Snow Leopard…

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Spitfire31 wrote:
jackrabbit wrote:Still not showing up in live 8 on mac OS10.5.2 :(
If it's any consolation, Molot VST doesn't show up in my Live 7 on 10.5.8 (Intel) either. Nor can it be found as VST in Twisted Wave on the same system.

However, the VST does show up just fine, with GUI and all, in Live 8, OS 10.6.8.

Seems like Molot VST has a problem with Leopard but enjoys the company of Snow Leopard…

/Joachim
I just checked in Twisted Wave, and Molot appears fine as a VST and AU in my system.

OS X 10.5.8
Dual 2 GHz PPC
Twisted Wave 1.10.1 (32-bit)
esoundz name: Helio

Ah Xoc Kin wrote:I just checked in Twisted Wave, and Molot appears fine as a VST and AU in my system.

OS X 10.5.8
Dual 2 GHz PPC
Twisted Wave 1.10.1 (32-bit)
That's good news. But your machine is a PPC, mine is an Intel. That may be one factor in the equation.

/Joachim

Yes, I know. Just pointing it out to share more information :)

I don't recall how Twisted Wave handles plugin validation. It may be worth it to look into that.
I installed it for me only instead of All Users, and had just repaired permissions the day before.

In my experience, sometimes repairing permissions and reinstalling the plugin solves the problem. I recall deleting some preference file when the software itself gave no option to delete an excluded plugin from its list. Perhaps it was /library/caches/com.apple.audiounits.cache
This forces a re-scan of all AU and can be a bit slow. Maybe there's a similar one for VST.

Hopefully some of this can help, unless this is truly a very specific issue with Intel and 10.5.8, but we won't know unless more people on Intel Macs running 10.5.8 share the same issue.

Just to sum up from my POW (on 10.5.8 Intel; Molot VST works fine in 10.6.8):

DSP Quattro won't even pretend the VST is there…

Twisted Wave lists Molot as a VST plug-in, but when I try to instantiate it, TW just says it didn't pass (although it uses the term 'AU'…).

And in 10.5.8, Molot VST doesn't appear in Plogue Bidule, latest version. In 10.6.8, I can successfully wrap Molot VST as an AU via Plogue Bidule in DP 7.2.4.

/Joachim

In DSP-Quattro did you get the message "A new VST plug-in configuration has been detected. Do you wish to scan...?

I just ran it for the first time since installing Molot.
Under AU there's a folder named VladSound and inside there's Molot.
Under VST there's a folder named Vladislav Goncharov and inside there's Molot 0.2.168

VSTs are not in alphabetical order in DSP-Quattro, so it's a bit of a pain to find it if you have multiple folders.

In contrast, in Twisted Wave Molot itself appears alphabetically under VST, without any folder, so it's easier to see.

If you don't have those folders, you can go to Preferences>Plug-Ins and Rebuild Database (for VST). Hopefully it's just this and not a bigger issue affecting Intel and Leopard.

EDIT: I'm unfamiliar with Plogue Bidule. Sorry.

Love this free compressor!

Wondering if there are any plans on developing it further?

dickiefunk wrote:Love this free compressor!

Wondering if there are any plans on developing it further?
What should be improved in your opinion?

Ah Xoc Kin wrote:In DSP-Quattro did you get the message "A new VST plug-in configuration has been detected. Do you wish to scan...?
Often… ;-) I add new plug-ins quite frequently.
Ah Xoc Kin wrote:I just ran it for the first time since installing Molot.
Under AU there's a folder named VladSound and inside there's Molot.
Under VST there's a folder named Vladislav Goncharov and inside there's Molot 0.2.168

VSTs are not in alphabetical order in DSP-Quattro, so it's a bit of a pain to find it if you have multiple folders.
Yes, I've 'complained' to Stefano about it. Hopefully he's attending to it in the new version.

Anyway, on my Intel/10.5.8 system, DSPQ 3.5.1 doesn't list any VST Vladislav Goncharov folder. However, it's right there in DSPQ on my other MB Pro running 10.6.8!

So, based on what I see, I suspect that the combination of Intel and Leopard is the culprit since none of my four VST hosts (Live, TW, Plogue Bidule and DSPQ) want to play with Molot VST in 10.5.8 on Intel.
Ah Xoc Kin wrote:EDIT: I'm unfamiliar with Plogue Bidule. Sorry.
Check it out! http://www.plogue.com/?page_id=56 It's an intriguing piece of software, if you like to tweak and fiddle around. And the plug-in version (shareware) will wrap VSTs to AUs.

/Joachim

Thanks!
Now I remember it. I checked it many months ago, but it was a bit expensive for me. Looked impressive.

More recently I considered Metaplugin by DDMF when they had a 50% off sale. Unfortunately it did not work for me. Probably the PPC thing! :D

Thanks a lot, guys! Unfortunately I don't have much free time in last months and currently I have no access to Mac to check your problems. But anyway I have plans to build new release of Molot with small fixes in next two months. Also I'm working on new master limiter/clipper plugin (some concepts and modules are ready but it's still faraway from final release).

But I've written Molot manual! You can check it at download page:

http://vladgsound.wordpress.com/downloads/

I tried not just to describe knobs but to give an idea how to use them. Of course it's a big IMHO but I hope it can help.
Vlad from Tokyo Dawn Labs

Thanks!

Thankyou for your hard work and generosity :)

At last a compressor which imparts ENOUGH DIRT! And good dirt that is too.
Thank you very much! More dirt is good :D
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

Return to “Effects”