"Molot" VST Compressor (freeware) 0.3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Priviet!

One little tiny vote for an external sidechain input... :)
:hug:

Crackbaby wrote:Priviet!

One little tiny vote for an external sidechain input... :)
Check the changelist of the latest version :)

What's new? In short:

1. External stereo sidechaining support (inputs 3 and 4).
2. Additional linear phase oversampling support (latency 344 samples).

In long:

- VU-meter calibrated for -18 dBFS, 300 ms.
- By clicking on triangle in the bottom left corner now all parameter values
are shown. To increase value use the right mouse button. To decrease value
use the left mouse button.
- Automatic "Oversampling" parameter correction in presets when the project
uses high sample rates (the value goes proportionally smaller).
- Choosen language now saving.
- Ability to save current settings as "Default" preset parameters by button
"Save as Default".
* New parameters:
. "Sd.chain" - sidechain commutation:
. "Internal" - use inputs 1 and 2 (as usual)
. "External" - use external stereo sidechain (inputs 3 and 4)
. "A, R Time" - attack and release times multiplier:
. "1:1″ - use times specified (as usual)
. "1/10,1:1″ - attack time 10 times smaller
. "1:1,1/10″ - release time 10 times smaller
. "1/10″ - both attack time and release time 10 times smaller
. "Upsampl." - oversampling type selection
. "Easy" - use simplified oversampling (as usual)
. "Norm." - use linear-phase oversampling (latency 344 samples)
- Attack/release curves were reverted back to 0.2.155 version (see the post above)

Cheers
Dennis

but .. but .. :O i thought i read it through .. how could i have missed that :shock:

Thanks bronto!

Edit: Won't having dual mono mess up some hosts? I know it does with Maschine. Just about all plugins output a single stereo output, not separate mono left and right. In EnergyXT i have to use a "stereo to dual mono" converter to compensate.
Just food for thought!

So i FINALLY found how to switch external sidechain on :p A little arrow in the bottom left and then right click on Sd.chain :lol:

It's working wonders now!!!!! Thanks! Спасибо!

vladg wrote:
v1o wrote:When is the AU version getting an update?
Well, I can try to do it after "Limiter6" final release. The guy who did AU version of Molot doesn't have plans to update it.
that is really good news! :D

Hello Vladg,

I really like, how Molot sounds, use it very often on drum buss, but also I always remove it from my VST folder due its "strange" GUI. I know, that GUI does not make a sound, but... I don't know... GUI looks strange for me.

Tried to compare it with some other free compressors and it's the winner. jsCompShaper looks better and sounds also really good, but Molot sounds better for me and is also little bit lighter on CPU than jsCompShaper. These two are my top free compressors.
yzcoruhT

U-o wrote:I really like, how Molot sounds, use it very often on drum buss, but also I always remove it from my VST folder due its "strange" GUI. I know, that GUI does not make a sound, but... I don't know... GUI looks strange for me.
Hi! There's GUI-less version. You can find it on downloads page:

http://vladgsound.wordpress.com/downloads/

(search for "GUI'less Molot 0.3")

The same for me! :-) I like jsCompShaper but I don't like the GUI. That's why this plugin is absent in my VSTPlugins folder :-)

What? Molot looks and sounds amazing!

U-o wrote:Hello Vladg,

I really like, how Molot sounds, use it very often on drum buss, but also I always remove it from my VST folder due its "strange" GUI. I know, that GUI does not make a sound, but... I don't know... GUI looks strange for me.
What? Strange? You know you can get English labels by clicking the "EN" on the lower right hand corner of the GUI.
U-o wrote:Molot sounds better for me and is also little bit lighter on CPU than jsCompShaper. These two are my top free compressors.
If Molot is one of your top two compressors I can't see why the GUI would stop you from using it....especially with the option to have labels in English which you can obviously read since you are posting here.... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Thank you, Vladg, I know, that there's GUI-less version on your website.

Molot has big GUI + knobs for me and strange background. But in other hand it is really great compressor - you should charge money for it.

Edit:

I just tried no-GUI version and it seems, that GUI version is better. :hihi:

Also like showing values of each knobs in your LimiterNo.6 - it would be helpful also in Molot (not only for me).

This GUI is perfect - small and clean.

yzcoruhT

U-o wrote:Hello Vladg,

Tried to compare it with some other free compressors and it's the winner. jsCompShaper looks better and sounds also really good, but Molot sounds better for me and is also little bit lighter on CPU than jsCompShaper. These two are my top free compressors.
grow a pair princess

Return to “Effects”