Opinions about IK Multimedia CSR Classik Studio Reverb please

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I find it much more refined in its controls and super smoothness for depth even in 32bits than any other of my reverbs although Eos edges it for ease of use and quick for setting up, but the Classy interfaces are what work a treat

WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

If you say so ;) Don't get disappointed, though, we never said it would be something dropping EXACTLY as the Group Buy ends.

Brian @ IK Multimedia wrote:How does middle of next month sound? :D
No, Brian said this (or that). I'll just go into days overdue if it's not out at day zero. Of course, any information would be welcome. You guys are (or were) masters of the pre-hype. Don't stop now.

antithesist wrote:
No, Brian said this (or that). I'll just go into days overdue if it's not out at day zero. Of course, any information would be welcome. You guys are (or were) masters of the pre-hype. Don't stop now.
Keep up the count-down .... really curious what's coming, taking into account who the programmer is. :)

(dedicated to cowudders)

:tu:

antithesist wrote:
Just giving what we've been asked for - more realistic expectations. It was on-target when he posted that and from what I've heard still is mid-month or so... Just might not be exactly your countdown.

But yes, do indeed keep it up :)

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
antithesist wrote:
Just giving what we've been asked for - more realistic expectations. It was on-target when he posted that and from what I've heard still is mid-month or so... Just might not be exactly your countdown.

I don't think realistic expectations rule out useful pre-release product info. I had to go and stick my head in the credit groupbuy thread after hints and recollections that CSR might become CS. Conflicting with that, of course, were statements from IK that buying CSR before the upgrade would be a cheaper path than buying the full version after.

Maybe there are two products: plug-ins, as before, and CS gear? The former you could upgrade from CSR and the latter would be reverb models that could be purchased with gear credits. In either or both scenarios would there be any new models or just the same ones updated as plug-ins for 64 bit and converted to AT3 gear?

Another possibility: CSR itself becomes a new CS host. Man, I don't need a game this time. I'm fine with waiting for the release if it's not too far off, but now do I have to hedge and buy-in on the last day of the group buy to get a good upgrade deal? F. me (yes, I can at least be assured of that accommodation).

I hope CSR stays as separate plug-ins as it is now. I can't stand the everything under one hood style like Guitar Rig.

antithesist wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
antithesist wrote:

I don't think realistic expectations rule out useful pre-release product info. I had to go and stick my head in the credit groupbuy thread after hints and recollections that CSR might become CS. Conflicting with that, of course, were statements from IK that buying CSR before the upgrade would be a cheaper path than buying the full version after.

Maybe there are two products: plug-ins, as before, and CS gear? The former you could upgrade from CSR and the latter would be reverb models that could be purchased with gear credits. In either or both scenarios would there be any new models or just the same ones updated as plug-ins for 64 bit and converted to AT3 gear?

Another possibility: CSR itself becomes a new CS host. Man, I don't need a game this time. I'm fine with waiting for the release if it's not too far off, but now do I have to hedge and buy-in on the last day of the group buy to get a good upgrade deal? F. me (yes, I can at least be assured of that accommodation).
You misunderstood me then. What I said was IF we charge for the updates CSR it would be cheaper to buy it at the discounted price than directly buying the next version. I never said we would and even went out of my way to relay that we hadn't decided if we would charge.

We weren't playing games, we were playing music through the new ******* ***....

Soon you'll understand, til then...

No longer with IK. Here is my Website | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram

Whatever, you needn't tell me what I did or didn't do. There were statements other than that one, as well. To your last point, will I have or have had, a better deal on the CSR update/upgrade with CS credits from the groupbuy that it will be too late to buy once I understand?

Can't say yet, but we'll have details on that closer to release.
No longer with IK. Here is my Website | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram

ObiK wrote:We weren't playing games, we were playing music through the new i******* ***....
Fixed that for ya. ;-) (Ok, it's getting a bit old but so is the waiting game for ST3.)

Return to “Effects”