Introducing AmpliTube 3.5 Custom Shop

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hink wrote:this is why I can't compare the jet city to my jet city and it's probably because of how and where I mic my cab and my weber attenuator because my jet city 50 watt does not sound anything like that :shrug:
Have to be honest, the Jet City 100H model is making me want to go and buy a real one! :hihi: :help:

Not that versed in the attenuator you're using, but it could be affecting the tone, no?
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

Hink will do mate, Yeah agree that a new valve complement of choice will make a good difference (JJ Golds i am liking fwiw)
hibidy wrote:that was easy :hihi:
I know you were not reffering to your playing or dialing in sounds which satisfy you but i have to mention Dude you have gotten past your "wall", Your chops are getting dope IMHumbleHO, So keep at it and the next wall your will break through

That is how it worked and still does work for me and if that makes sense?
The frustration of practice not seeming to pay back but all of a sudden it
just is all do-able :D

Honestly you know i would not say that if i did not think it hibs :hug:

MAB-style sweeps and ten finger tapping here you come :party:

I always thought hibidy had good tone and tasteful playing :)

I've spent a good amount of time comparing the JCA20 with the JCA100 and I've concluded that they both serve different purposes (obviously). The 20 is a better crunch amp and has a more organic, rich tone. The 100 is heavier and more diverse; great clean tone and soaring leads. Still can't decide :? I may have to find a way to get both :hihi:

If forced to decide I will probably get the 20 because it might be one of the best low-gain "crunch" amps in AmpliTube (next to the Tiny Terror). 8)

Amberience wrote:
Hink wrote:this is why I can't compare the jet city to my jet city and it's probably because of how and where I mic my cab and my weber attenuator because my jet city 50 watt does not sound anything like that :shrug:

Not that versed in the attenuator you're using, but it could be affecting the tone, no?
well it's been said by many that attenuators kill the headroom but weber does things different than others. First they do not use resistors to attenuate, instead tey use speaker motors so you get a better feel and reaction. Mine also has a treble boost built with the options of off, 3db and 6db...so that does make it brighter.

But like I said, there are so many variables like my 4x12 being in a walkin closet, I'm miking a vintage Celestion G35 and since my SM57 died :? I'm using tow large dia condensors to mic it.

However (and someone pointed out perhaps you're using a 7 string which would explain some of this) it's darker and there seems to be more fuzz than the overdrive. But I'm going to expirment some more, I just got the amp the day before IK released their's :tu:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

blueman wrote:I always thought hibidy had good tone and tasteful playing :)

I've spent a good amount of time comparing the JCA20 with the JCA100 and I've concluded that they both serve different purposes (obviously). The 20 is a better crunch amp and has a more organic, rich tone. The 100 is heavier and more diverse; great clean tone and soaring leads. Still can't decide :? I may have to find a way to get both :hihi:

If forced to decide I will probably get the 20 because it might be one of the best low-gain "crunch" amps in AmpliTube (next to the Tiny Terror). 8)
That describes my experience trying both in the stores and getting the 50 watt :tu:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote:(and someone pointed out perhaps you're using a 7 string which would explain some of this) it's darker and there seems to be more fuzz than the overdrive. But I'm going to expirment some more, I just got the amp the day before IK released their's :tu:
Nah mate, it's a 6 string (or was; I don't own that guitar anymore) but it was tuned to drop-B.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

metalifuxx wrote:The real Soldano's can get really bright/treble rich really fast with saturated fizzy/fuzzy harmonics, there is nothing wrong with the modeling IK did. The treble and presence work in proportion with each other, add more treble, drop some of the presence and vice versa. Add more bass, add some presence to increase the clarity but fine tune it with the treble knob, and add mids to taste. It's kind of a inverse non linear musical sounding EQ circuit, unlike the EQ contols on a Marshall or Fender if that makes sense. It can be a very "one sounding" amp in that respect, but you can learn to control that and use it to your benefit/advantage more with your tweaking your picking dynamics and your guitar's volume/tone controls. If you are playing a raging chunky chugga rhythm, you don't need to use much gain with these amps. For lead, boost the gain all you want and you get sustain for days, but back off the gain or your guitar's volume knob for better rhythm results.
honestly, this describes my Jet City 50 watt. The tone controls are far more responsive than other amps including my egnater which is a 'modern' tube amp. The last thing you say is dead on (you can read what I said about the normal and OD channels), if I run the normal channel with the drive cranked up and switch to the OD channel I have the drive much lower but get a great lead tone (which the two master volumes really help here). The normal channel with the TS in front of the amp would be enough for almost anything tbh but the OD has a tone all it's own :tu:

Dean, I can't see going with the golds tbh...JJs yes but not the gold pins (I do have enough JJ 12ax7s in the house to try the pre-amp tubes (I dont have any JJ 6l6 power tubes, 6v6 yes, el84 yes but not 6l6) :shrug:

Amberience wrote:
Hink wrote:(and someone pointed out perhaps you're using a 7 string which would explain some of this) it's darker and there seems to be more fuzz than the overdrive. But I'm going to expirment some more, I just got the amp the day before IK released their's :tu:
Nah mate, it's a 6 string (or was; I don't own that guitar anymore) but it was tuned to drop-B.
yeah i read that after, that too would explain it...I'm gonna try the jet city with my baritone later :tu:

I assume this means you were using a dry re-amping track? Because like was said before is true about playing dynamics with this amp :)

I'm humbled with the playing comments :oops:

I had a few jam points, money in my pay pal account (which I forgot about, I don't know how that happens :lol: ) so I got the jc20, anger, hiwatt, hiwatt cab and the tube mic.

I have not tried the jc100 and will save that for some other time. I don't want the bottle mic and actually wish that that there would have been a boutique cab instead of the mic. But it worked out.

Time for some serious practicing instead of noodling..........

hibidy wrote:

that's like a pistol is a handgun but not all handguns are pistols...some serious practicing can be noodling but not all noddling is serious practice :shrug:

Have fun either way but fwiw I agree with the others who have made positive comments about your playing...you rock dude :tu:

I was about to try the anger, but got a vpa plugin error.
amplitube 3 would not open. I've got a serious case of BB.
win7, cubase 5.5.3 x64.wouldn't open in reaper x64 either.
it did however open in cubase x32.
Help!!! Bill

bill45 wrote:I was about to try the anger, but got a vpa plugin error.
amplitube 3 would not open. I've got a serious case of BB.
win7, cubase 5.5.3 x64.wouldn't open in reaper x64 either.
it did however open in cubase x32.
Help!!! Bill
vpa error in a 64bit host? Are you close to maxing out RAM?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Hink wrote:
hibidy wrote:

that's like a pistol is a handgun but not all handguns are pistols...some serious practicing can be noodling but not all noddling is serious practice :shrug:

Have fun either way but fwiw I agree with the others who have made positive comments about your playing...you rock dude :tu:
I agree with everyone's sentiments exactly...your playing is great!!
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Thank electro, I have 24 gb.3.3.6 worked fine.
Maybe the 32 bit dll got into the 64 bit folder.

@compliments :oops: shucks, I really was just trying show off what the sim could do, but thnks guys so much!

Return to “Effects”