Introducing AmpliTube 3.5 Custom Shop

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bill, make sure you don't have an old AmpliTube 3.dll installed in a different location.

I should have thought of that :dog:

Thanks Brian, I uninstalled, reinstalled.Plugin is there, but my legacy patches are gone, and the anger is locked. Going to unistall, reinstall again.

Un-insalled re-installed. I forgot, You have to leave custom shop open,
When demoing.The anger with the metal t1 cab is awesome!
If I hit restore my gear, will I get back my legacy presets?
The amplitube 2 gear shows up,but not the presets.Amplitube 2 is still installed.
Thanks, Bill

Question about the Vox AC30, it seems compared to the other amps,
that its volume control is not connected properly to the vu meter,
or the input/output signal controls. I made a recording, and its vu meter
was constantly deep in the red, but the .wav file was almost a flatline,
virtually nothing to zoom into. Full amplification increased it by 32db, and it was still
far from a normal output. :?

None of the other amps can do that.

Cheers

Brian @ IK Multimedia wrote:
paterpeter wrote:Avira Antivir claims there's a trojan in the new authorization manager.exe (dropper.gen). I guess it's false alarm/heuristics gone wrong, right?
This is just a false positive. The Authorization Manager connects to the internet through a secure connection and writes to the registery for authorization, which is what Avira is detecting.
Thanks for the answer. I didn't expect anything other than a false positive. I sent the file to Avira so that they can fix this in their scanner.

This has been a surprisingly quiet relese :? The IKM intro and home page are still promoting Sampletank Jr. (mobile version) and with the exception of one rotating banner graphic and a short 1 and 1/2 minute video, there is nothing promoting this; which is weird considering it's probably one of the more impressive releases for AmpliTube. Where are the videos and sound clips?

Just an observation :shrug:

blueman wrote:This has been a surprisingly quiet relese :? The IKM intro and home page are still promoting Sampletank Jr. (mobile version) and with the exception of one rotating banner graphic and a short 1 and 1/2 minute video, there is nothing promoting this; which is weird considering it's probably one of the more impressive releases for AmpliTube. Where are the videos and sound clips?

But an accurate observation. After all the wailing and gnashing of teeth because people feared the required online authorization/purchase system would wreak viral havoc
on their DAW, hardly a peep about the new offline process, from IK, or the userbase.
As for the new models, maybe the excellence of the last batch, has sated the need for
the Mo Betta release. Marketing in a recession must be the pits! :-o

glokraw wrote:Question about the Vox AC30, it seems compared to the other amps,
virtually nothing to zoom into. Full amplification increased it by 32db, and it was still

Cheers
What VU meter?

Note that with the input meter it has no real direct association with digital clipping or optimal input level, and is more a tool to overdrive the input of the amp. So make sure you have nice hot inputs into your audio card (but not clipping) and adjust the input level to get the amount of pre-input gain into the amp. Nice for models that don't have input gain to get distortion... lots can be done with that misunderstood slider.

Volume out of the amp has everything to do with power amp distortion. You can have the VU pegged but depending on the output level it can be quiet as can be. So again, this is a tone/distortion thing, not really true volume. Use the output volume to get an optimal output from Amplitube. It's more important to get this right if you've got a plug after Amplitube that you don't want to overdrive, but if it's alone in the channel you can use your fader to make sure the level is nice even if Amplitube shows it's in the red.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

glokraw wrote:
blueman wrote:This has been a surprisingly quiet relese :? The IKM intro and home page are still promoting Sampletank Jr. (mobile version) and with the exception of one rotating banner graphic and a short 1 and 1/2 minute video, there is nothing promoting this; which is weird considering it's probably one of the more impressive releases for AmpliTube. Where are the videos and sound clips?

But an accurate observation. After all the wailing and gnashing of teeth because people feared the required online authorization/purchase system would wreak viral havoc
on their DAW, hardly a peep about the new offline process, from IK, or the userbase.
As for the new models, maybe the excellence of the last batch, has sated the need for
the Mo Betta release. Marketing in a recession must be the pits! :-o
Indeed, they responded quickly to users demanding offline access (to authorize models) which deserves to be recognized. The irony is how agressive they market in the forums and then the web site feels like a side note. Anyway, all 4 of the new models are stellar imo. They should show them off!

zerocrossing wrote: So make sure you have nice hot inputs into your audio card (but not clipping) and adjust the input level to get the amount of pre-input gain into the amp. Nice for models that don't have input gain to get distortion... lots can be done with that misunderstood slider.
I know that to be true; the best tone comes from hitting the ad converters hard (just before the clip) but this is difficult to accomplish if you play with a lot of dynamics. I wonder why more people don't advocate for using a hardware (transparent) compressor/limiter right before the HiZ input. I haven't tried it yet but I imagine it would give you max consistent input gain. No idea how much the effect on tone would be though :?

zerocrossing wrote:
glokraw wrote:Question about the Vox AC30, it seems compared to the other amps,

Cheers
What VU meter?

Note that with the input meter it has no real direct association with digital clipping or optimal input level, and is more a tool to overdrive the input of the amp. So make sure you have nice hot inputs into your audio card (but not clipping) and adjust the input level to get the amount of pre-input gain into the amp. Nice for models that don't have input gain to get distortion... lots can be done with that misunderstood slider.

Volume out of the amp has everything to do with power amp distortion. You can have the VU pegged but depending on the output level it can be quiet as can be. So again, this is a tone/distortion thing, not really true volume. Use the output volume to get an optimal output from Amplitube. It's more important to get this right if you've got a plug after Amplitube that you don't want to overdrive, but if it's alone in the channel you can use your fader to make sure the level is nice even if Amplitube shows it's in the red.
Thankyou very much for clarifying this. Part of my confusing was
because the MetalHead 500, Twin Reverb, and Super Sonic models (which I am more used to using) retain their master volume settings during a session, but the free Brit Blue Tube 30, and many others revert to default volumes every time they are re-selected in the same session. I probably just need to save a default preset for each amp. And rtf(riendly)m more thorouhly.
Thanks to IK, I now have 'almost' too many amps.
My wife is sure I have tilted. :hihi:

blueman wrote:
zerocrossing wrote: So make sure you have nice hot inputs into your audio card (but not clipping) and adjust the input level to get the amount of pre-input gain into the amp. Nice for models that don't have input gain to get distortion... lots can be done with that misunderstood slider.
I know that to be true; the best tone comes from hitting the ad converters hard (just before the clip) but this is difficult to accomplish if you play with a lot of dynamics. I wonder why more people don't advocate for using a hardware (transparent) compressor/limiter right before the HiZ input. I haven't tried it yet but I imagine it would give you max consistent input gain. No idea how much the effect on tone would be though :?
I have an old fx rack, one of the presets is just a compressor, and it always sounds good when used as a guitar input with amp-sims.
Cheers

I just tried a simple Behringer Tube Ultragain MIC200 for some signal boost before the IK Stealth Pedal with my strat. The Stealth Pedal has a 12db gain boost option, but I am not sure if that is a hardware line level/pre type gain from the unit, or just boosted digitally on the software side before it hits the DAW. I am not sure the dial modes do compression or specifically what on that cheap Behringer pre, but I seemed to be getting better level/dynamic amp reaction with the lower output single coils on the strat. Although I don't know if having something "Behringer preamp" in the chain is helping the signal fidelity or making it worse :hihi:

metalifuxx wrote:Although I don't know if having something "Behringer preamp" in the chain is helping the signal fidelity or making it worse :hihi:
That's exactly my concern. I've spent all of this time and money to accomplish a "pure" signal path so it becomes nerve-racking to add some cheap component which may harm the tone.

I guess if you can't hear any appreciable difference in quality then what sounds good IS good. :shrug:

Return to “Effects”