Scuffham Amps S-Gear (developed with former Marshall product designer)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
S-Gear

saw this posted on guitarampmodelling:

http://www.scuffhamamps.com/

75$ according to their website.

Mike Scuffham was Product Designer at Marshall during the JMP-1 project.

Release date is end of April
Last edited by metalifuxx on Thu May 05, 2011 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Looks interesting, Mac version on the way too!
"What embecile composed this list :/"

The clips sound good. A wide variety of tones. Wonder what the copy protection will be like?

Wow, thanks so much for the heads-up ! :)
At least on paper this looks exactly like what I've been requesting all the time ... :tu:
Few, straightforward amps (gotta love the choices - Dumble-, Plexi- and Soldano styles), arguably some of the best cab impulses yet, only a delay at first (ok, not a plus per se, but I like the thinking).
And to top it off, (one of ?) the designer(s) of the fine, pragmatic JMP-1 is involved/responsible, I sure see similarities.
Clips sound great, although I miss some classic open A riffing which typically tells a lot about transparency and aliasing.
This is on top of my watch list now !
Ymmv,
susiwong

Cordelia wrote:The clips sound good. A wide variety of tones. Wonder what the copy protection will be like?
From the site:
- One click online activation - NO USB DONGLES!
- Deactivate online and migrate your licence
- Two simultaneous activations per licence
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

On 2nd thought, what's missing yet (imho) are one or two flexible boutique style boost/OD pedals (not 20) to balance tube/SS response - hope they'll add something over time.
Suggestion : Klon and Fulldrive should cover a lot of ground
Ymmv,
susiwong

kingtubby wrote:
Cordelia wrote:The clips sound good. A wide variety of tones. Wonder what the copy protection will be like?
From the site:
- One click online activation - NO USB DONGLES!
- Deactivate online and migrate your licence
- Two simultaneous activations per licence
Bummer, if that means direct online only I'm out. :x :bang: :x
They didn't list www under requirements though.
Oh well,
susiwong

Thanks for the heads up, the demos sound mightily impressive and the price is right :tu:
RIP Black Tom and Beckett. They weren't just cats, they were MY cats, the best cats ever.

2011 the year of ampsim 8)
12 years old PC running :Reaper;Reason;Dune;Zampler;Kontakr;Reaktor;and many others countless vst :D

Good news !
Just got confirmation there will be an offline activation option. :tu:
Quick and friendly reply ...
Now where's that demo ? :wheee: :wink:
cheers,
susiwong

reusenoise wrote:2011 the year of ampsim 8)
ha, you're right. There has been a new (free or commercial) ampsim/guitar pedal plugin released like every couple weeks on the dot. Exciting time for guitarists.

I love the speaker selection in the pic...a Weber :tu:

I'm going to keep my eye on this, if it's as promised I would sooner drop 75 bux on this than I would in the AT custom shop. OTOH 75 bux is 75 bux less for some of the projects I have on my list of things to do and do I need another sim? I guess it depends on how good it is :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Looking tasty. Might it be that Marshall starts a riot towards PEavy (Revalver) and Line6 (PodFarm)?

I mean... looking at what's available in terms of "heads", impulses and more recent creations... stuffed for eternity?
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

for all the JMP-1 and other preamp users out there, I emailed Michael who said ...

Michael Scuffham wrote:If there is enough interest, we would think about doing a separate cabinet emulation plugin.
which would be great. :D

Currently, you can bypass the AMP and EFFECTS such that only the convolver is in the signal path he says.

Great sound :o .

I hope it is a nice protection system, like key file or the like.

Return to “Effects”