Scuffham Amps S-Gear (developed with former Marshall product designer)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
S-Gear

zerocrossing wrote:
kbaccki wrote:
hibidy wrote:No, I understand. But I remember specifically asking about those features and being told they were a "high priority". This was quite some time ago.
AT has some serviceable overdrive stomps. Just turn off the amp, cab, and rack modules and insert prior to s-gear in the FX bin... :lol:

Seriously, I have a "stomps only" preset just for the purpose. :hihi:
That's a good idea. I've been doing this but never thought to make a dedicated pedal board preset. :oops:
I do this with Vandal also - if you look at S-Gear and Vandal they are both fully modular in that you can turn sections on or off and thus you can use the stomps, amps, rack FX and cab sims independently if you so desire. Headcase (due soon) and AT and GR can all be used this way to various degrees. I find myself using external verbs which beat the hell out of any included reverb units and I use my favorite delays and compressors externally too.

I've been using Amplitube as pedalboard for S-gear for a while and it works great.

I could swear that (overall) v2 "sounds" better too 8) Or, I just forgot how awesome this amp sim is :D

One thing I like about ReValver is the fact that you can load external VST directly into the sim.
"Time makes fools of us all. Our only comfort is that greater shall come after us." Eric Temple Bell

http://thetomorrowfile.bandcamp.com/

MickGael wrote:One thing I like about ReValver is the fact that you can load external VST directly into the sim.
You just named the one thing I like about ReValver. On paper you'd think it would be my favorite amp sim, but I never liked it.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote:
MickGael wrote:One thing I like about ReValver is the fact that you can load external VST directly into the sim.
You just named the one thing I like about ReValver. On paper you'd think it would be my favorite amp sim, but I never liked it.
that was what first attracted me to revalver as well, then I liked the way you could tweak other things. I was all set to buy it, they had a crossgrade and they said that if you owned certain products all you needed was to send a picture of it or the receipt and you would get the crossgrade. The POD xt live was one, I had a pic of it and the receipt...that was quite a few years ago now and they never got back to me despite several emails so as far as I am concerned they will never get a penny from me.

However in hindsight and how things have evolved for me over those years I think maybe that worked in my favor, I already since then have invested more in sims than I needed to (I really regret GTR) and I am wondering with all that tweaking and my personality whether I would ever get anything done and if I did would I go overboard with tweaking and fx.

I might have just stuck with revalver and not gone with AT and tbh AT is not a purchase I will ever regret, GR I neither regret nor am overly excited by...I got it at a good price for GR3 and got a free upgrade to GR4...I have no desire to upgrade to GR5, but the control room in GR4 is certainly a good example for me as to how having too much to tweak can be a hindrance for me (naturally that is only for me and not others) :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

sergevoluminous wrote:I've been using Amplitube as pedalboard for S-gear for a while and it works great.
Same here.. it's the only part of Amplitube that I like and the only reason I'm not going to sell it. The amps and especially the cabs are horrible in my opinion.

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

I never touch the amps and the only cabinet I use is the Fender Vibratone, but the Shape Shifter and T Rex pedals are worth keeping Amplitube installed.

I wrote Scuffham yesterday, regarding my failed trial usage. Hopefully they'll answer and I can test it properly.

I'm really curious about their future plans, they did invest a lot in the drag'n drop system.

True about the rack system. Glad they did it.

New version 2.02 is out.

One extra knob on the CAB section.
Little knob - Big impact!
Love it

:love: :love: :love:

AndrewSimon wrote:New version 2.02 is out.

One extra knob on the CAB section.
Little knob - Big impact!
Wow! It even maintains the phase relationships. I don't hear much (if any) combing effect from alternating the delay on each side.

Very good! 8)

AndrewSimon wrote:CAB Delay Video
Thanks for sharing that 8)

I'm a bit jealous of your signal chain there :love: How much of this tone (do you think) is attributed to the "Rock Block" and UA Solo? Are you driving the tubes from both of these a fair amount or just "warming up" the signal a touch :?:

blueman wrote:
AndrewSimon wrote:CAB Delay Video
Thanks for sharing that 8)

I'm a bit jealous of your signal chain there :love: How much of this tone (do you think) is attributed to the "Rock Block" and UA Solo? Are you driving the tubes from both of these a fair amount or just "warming up" the signal a touch :?:
In this clip there is no Rock Block and the Solo610 is set to 0 gain,
meaning cleanest tone (no tube fattning)

So it's all S-Gear.... guitar.... and the UAD Lexicon Reverb
Nothing else, no EQ, no compressor or limiter...

:wink:

Return to “Effects”