DMGAudio Compassion (Launched)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EQuick does look interesting indeed. Is this a more direct competitor to Fabfilters Pro-Q?

Ie, will it have far greater number of eq points you can just click and add, and that does it fully support both M/S and L/R individual eq points on the graph?.
Arksun
Music Producer | Sound Designer
www.arksun-sound.com

maybe some one can help me understand this...
i made a mod...(http://www.sonicallysublime.com/minmod.zip if you'd like to try it...)
when i tested it for aliasing (@44.1) it was actually worse with oversampling ON than when it was OFF...

oversampling OFF...

oversampling ON...

normal?
bug?
bug in my brain?
:help:

Looking at your 2 screenshots, in pic2 there seems a lot more compression going on than in pic 1, ie more red than green.

...if you look at the gr meter, the comp with oversampling on is actually doing less compression...(5.3db gr as opposed to 5.9 gr with os off...assuming the meters are correct...)
auto-release may have something to do with this...(more "accurate" with OS on?)... :shrug:

...the green and red on the comp graph section are the attack and release stages...
the height is relative to gr...but the length/amount is relative to duration...afaik...

examples of A & R on graph...
Last edited by bezusheist on Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

i made this ghost with compassion...
(see above pic...)
:D

so nobody cares that this aliases...even with oversampling on?
just the IK stuff matters...?
weird...

(for the record: i could care less about aliasing...)

bezusheist wrote:so nobody cares that this aliases...even with oversampling on?
weird...

Sorry, my Compassion demo ran out.
(No, not my compassion is at it's end... :D)
How does it sound? An audio comparisson maybe?

weird...

Aliasing occuring with compressor plugins isn't really all that unusual, particuarly with very fast attack and release times. It's more a question of how high the aliasing is relative to the signal (ie how noticeable it becomes audibly, either listening as single channel, or the accumulative effect of multiple channels mixed together).
Arksun
www.arksun-sound.com

chacka wrote:...How does it sound?...
it's the best compressor i've ever heard... :)

Arksun wrote:
weird...

Aliasing occuring with compressor plugins isn't really all that unusual, particuarly with very fast attack and release times. It's more a question of how high the aliasing is relative to the signal (ie how noticeable it becomes audibly, either listening as single channel, or the accumulative effect of multiple channels mixed together).
Well yeah but you must admit that having more aliasing with oversampling on than off is a bit odd.

I think Dave is absolutely up to his eyeballs in work at the moment, so i'm sure he'll be looking into this if it needs looking into, I dunno the science ! lol

But he is very busy, must be hard for a 1 person dev who's released 2 big players in the game.

jupiter8 wrote: Well yeah but you must admit that having more aliasing with oversampling on than off is a bit odd.
That does seem a little unusual yup. Perhaps the oversampling alters the attack release behaviour slightly also, maybe a teeny bit faster attack and/or release?. Are you noticing it with much slower attack/release times also?.
Arksun
www.arksun-sound.com

Arksun wrote:...Are you noticing it with much slower attack/release times also?.
...the aliasing does go down when the attack and release go up, but the OS on/off thing is still the same behavior...
i made the mod to be very "clean", so the aliasing isn't an audible problem...it just took me by surprise to see that behavior...

Sorry. I'm still alive. VERY weird that you're seeing aliasing there. I'll investigate.
Cheeky favour... can you send me the preset and the audio (just everything you were using) to get that aliasing to show?
That'll speed me up in reproducing the issue; then i can figure out what's going on! :D

Dave.
[ DMGAudio ] | [ DMGAudio Blog ] | dave AT dmgaudio DOT com

ok...i sent an email...
if anyone else wants to try, here's the mod (it should have the pre-sets, also): http://www.sonicallysublime.com/minmod.zip
(it's in the post up there ^ with the pics, also...)
and tone: http://www.sonicallysublime.com/12ktone.zip

Return to “Effects”