DMGAudio Compassion (Launched)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wesleyt wrote:Does anyone know if a dbx 160 mod is now included with or available for Compassion?
There's a few new presets coming from a chap on the beta list. I think it includes all the things you're after and a few others. I haven't tried them yet, he only posted them yesterday, but his previous work has been sterling and I'm pretty excited to try them!

Krzysztof Oktalski wrote:
wesleyt wrote:Does anyone know if a dbx 160 mod is now included with or available for Compassion?
There's a few new presets coming from a chap on the beta list. I think it includes all the things you're after and a few others. I haven't tried them yet, he only posted them yesterday, but his previous work has been sterling and I'm pretty excited to try them!
This is wonderful news; thanks!
Seasoned IT vet, Mac user, and lover of music. Always learning.

Today I tried the 'sub crush' mod on a drum loop. Made a good job at raising the lows without making a mess but it lacked definition. Next move was turning down sustain in the transient shaper section. Bingo! The net total sounds like a kick mic has been turned up. Very neat!

I love this thing. Everything is possible, even shapes I have not thought of. Thanks Dave, for your passion for dynamic CONTROL

With all this talk of ITB bus compressors lately I thought I'd just go to the Mothership and ask... :hihi:

Is it still a good time to get Compassion or is there something new coming on the [DMG] horizon I should just wait a little bit for?

Hello Dave,

sorry I still don't understand the PL mode. Is it the same as lp split + make up + wet dry knob?

Thanks
DaveGamble wrote:SERIOUSLY, once you start sub-band processing, you will NEVER go back to multiband.

Just ask anyone who bought the algorithmix lp-splitcomp, or the weiss DS!

Dave.

giankam wrote:Hello Dave,

sorry I still don't understand the PL mode. Is it the same as lp split + make up + wet dry knob?

Thanks
DaveGamble wrote:SERIOUSLY, once you start sub-band processing, you will NEVER go back to multiband.

Just ask anyone who bought the algorithmix lp-splitcomp, or the weiss DS!

Dave.
In lp-split, we do:
Unprocessed=in-split
Out=compress(split)+unprocessed

In pl, we do:
Out=compress(split)+in

That is all

Dave.
[ DMGAudio ] | [ DMGAudio Blog ] | dave AT dmgaudio DOT com

Thanks for he answer. So the sub-band processing is just compressing only the sub frequency and leave the rest uncompressed?

That is correct.

Everything OUTSIDE of the filters in the EQ section gets passed untouched to the output.

Everything BETWEEN the filters gets compressed and then sent to the output to be combined with the untouched audio.

Cheers

Scorb
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

Return to “Effects”