v 1.0.2 of Empty Room Systems Dim D Chorus available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello all,

I just wanted you all to know that the ERS DiM D Chorus is on the market now.

More information:

Press-announcement 14 May 2011
"Empty Room Systems", a producer of audio processing software from the Netherlands, proudly announces the release of the Dim D Chorus. This chorus is the replica of the Roland Dimension D chorus with enhanced controls.

After the release of the EMpTy 250, we decided to develop this chorus. Harrie Munnik recreated it for the Eventide H8000® in 2004 and has ported it over to PC VST format. The beta testers are raving about this new product, as THE replica of the SDD-320. Beside the sound of the SDD-320 with the 4 modes, we added the following features: an additional freq and depth knob to be able to alter the sound even more, a mix knob to be able to use the plug-in on stereo inserts and extensive VST bank support and presets. The way the knobs are controlled can also be altered to velocity sensitive and circular or horizontal/vertical linear.

The Dim D is available on the 15th of May 2011 as a PC VST plug-in. The plug-in can be used in any DAW software supporting Steinberg®'s VST-format, like for example Nuendo, Cubase and does not need any internal DSP card, external box or dongle to function. This version uses a serial number as protectionscheme.
RTAS, MAC AU and MAC VST format will be supported later this year.
Price: € 59,--. The introduction price till 15 June 2011: € 49,--

Last edited by froombosch on Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi,

I wanted to buy this but in the manual it says its is c/r.

If its really Serialnumber than it is a no brainer...

Alex

It is serialnumber IMHO. After the purchase you need to send me two codes and I will reply with an activation code. It is a one time event.

Harrie

Could anybody compare this to Audio Damage Fluid, please?

I would also be interested if there is a 64 bit version and how cpu hungry this plugin is.
Finally!

This will be great if it sounds like the original unit! Waiting patiently for OS X version ;)
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

I'm not a big fan of real looking GUIs but this one looks really, really nice :)
I really need a good chorus and this could be the one!

I'll try it later today!

Cheers
Dennis

There is a free, but functionally and time limited demo available on the frontpage of our website. No x64 yet and we are now working on RTAS and MAC VST/AU versions. It is not CPU hungry. Some folks has 200 instances of them tested with 70% CPU power.

Harrie

Very cool. I'll definitely be checking this out.

froombosch wrote:It is serialnumber IMHO. After the purchase you need to send me two codes and I will reply with an activation code. It is a one time event.

Harrie
that is challenge/response... too bad, i would have bought this.

also, stop saying "serial number". i've given up thousands of dollars of software because of c/r and i wouldn't want myself or anyone else to be tricked and be unhappy after purchase. if it requires activation with some sort of machine code than it is not what is typically understood as "serial number protection".

i hope that you will re-submit the proper protection category to kvr for their database.

SAW75 wrote:
froombosch wrote:It is serialnumber IMHO. After the purchase you need to send me two codes and I will reply with an activation code. It is a one time event.

Harrie
that is challenge/response... too bad, i would have bought this.

also, stop saying "serial number". i've given up thousands of dollars of software because of c/r and i wouldn't want myself or anyone else to be tricked and be unhappy after purchase. if it requires activation with some sort of machine code than it is not what is typically understood as "serial number protection".

i hope that you will re-submit the proper protection category to kvr for their database.
Him saying it's "a one time event" suggests to me that it's not C/R. If I buy a new computer, or your company goes out of business, will I be able to continue to use the plugin? Or will I need a new code?

If I can continue to use the plugin, it's a serial number. If I need new codes when I buy a new PC, or can't use the plugin if you go out of business, then it's C/R. C/R is a no-go for me when it comes to small indie-developers. Too many companies have failed, and too many plugins can no longer be authorized.

Yea, I'm not sure I follow what is happening with this kind of copy protection. If it is a serial number, why does the buyer have to contact you in order to get a second code?
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

A.M. Gold wrote:Yea, I'm not sure I follow what is happening with this kind of copy protection. If it is a serial number, why does the buyer have to contact you in order to get a second code?
I'm sure it is challenge/response... if I've got this wrong, then let me express my deepest apology to the dev. If it is c/r, then I'd just like to see the KVR database updated. I'm sure the plugin sounds great and I know the dev has a good reputation for a quality product.

Well a one time C/R is still a C/R, but it would be different than the typical open ended thing where you are always tied to the dev in order to maintain the use of your license. I'm just not sure I understand the need for a one time C/R, but maybe I'm missing something.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

A.M. Gold wrote:Well a one time C/R is still a C/R, but it would be different than the typical open ended thing where you are always tied to the dev in order to maintain the use of your license. I'm just not sure I understand the need for a one time C/R, but maybe I'm missing something.
Lots of developers describe c/r that way. The "one-time" meaning per install or perhaps per machine, but I doubt very highly you could change hardware without requesting a new activation... we'll see what the response is.

if that's really the case, then I agree it's irritating that it isn't being presented that way. Serial number or keyfile by definition requires no "activation", it's just pre-made and sent to the buyer.

Return to “Effects”