MidiShaper 1.4 Out Now / Modulate your synths, effects and hardware

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MidiShaper

audiojunkie wrote:This looks interesting! Is there a way to set up a basic ADSR envelope? For example, Dimension LE doesn't have (of all things!) a ADSR envelope. At least not on the GUI. Could I put this in front, and use MIDI to give it ADSR envelope functionality? This is just one of the many things I can see using this for, and I'd be really interested in learning how I would do it.

Thanks!

--Sean
MidiShaper has AHDSR envelopes! You can combine them with the LFOs, but you can also use them without the LFOs. So, yes, if Dimension LE support MIDI control for its parameters, you can extend its functionality with MidiShaper.

werd wrote:I am still testing this module, on my wishlist: controlling Generate random waveform button by CC
Instead of using a waveform, you can also use noise with the LFOs. Set the update samplerate to a high value, and you can hear random steps - or set it to 1 or a few samples to have complete noise.

And there's a random button below the waveform drawing area for creating random waveforms.

Did this help, or was your wish meant differently?

AgiKvr wrote:Sorry for these silly questions:
1)how to draw a sinus wave that touches the top and bottom lines (full range wave)?
2) what about a bi-polar (-1 to 1)/uni-polar (0 to 1) switch ?

Thanx
Ah good to know there's more interest in that. If you want to, have a look at the previous pages of this thread. Starting at page 2 with a post from paterpeter, we got some discussion about these.

yellukhan wrote:
smuff wrote:I did try Reapers MIDI Learn but is did not pick anything up from MIDI shaper? Is that expected or do I have a routing problem?

Also can the midi output be recorded?

Sorry for so many questions

Best

S
hi i think this is what you are looking for

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php? ... ontrolPath

i didnt try with midishaper
but its works with my homemade synthmaker controller plugin...
procedure is : put this to fx chain after the MidiShaper before the vst
i hope it helps
Super! Will try this out on the weekend I hope, looks interesting. Thanks for posting!

the lfo can be synced to song position and i love that.... but is there a way to retrigger the lfo?

example: im using a 4/4 time signature in my sequencer project and in midi shaper im using triplet synced lfos....if i want to retrigger the lfo each two bars in my sequencer...can i do it ?
Vintage Drum Machine Kits for the Roland TR8-S & MC-707 https://rhythmelectronics.bandcamp.com

hcv242 wrote:the lfo can be synced to song position and i love that.... but is there a way to retrigger the lfo?

example: im using a 4/4 time signature in my sequencer project and in midi shaper im using triplet synced lfos....if i want to retrigger the lfo each two bars in my sequencer...can i do it ?
You can set the LFO to "Beat retriggered" and "Fixed retriggered". Then it will be retriggered on each note on, so you could send a note on every two bars. But of course if MidiShaper is on a channel that's playing a melody this does not work.

Thanks for the help yellukhan, but unfortunately for me, I am on a Mac and the Jeffos plug in is PC only. I guess I will have to wait and see if Reaper updates to allow midi routing.

Thank you for your time though.

Best

S

thanks for the reply, jakob.

is that possible also in filter shaper \ curve ?
Vintage Drum Machine Kits for the Roland TR8-S & MC-707 https://rhythmelectronics.bandcamp.com

hcv242 wrote:thanks for the reply, jakob.

is that possible also in filter shaper \ curve ?
Retriggering is possible with LFO 1+2 in Curve. In FilterShaper, VolumeShaper and PanCake this is not (yet) possible.

Jakob / CableGuys wrote:
audiojunkie wrote:This looks interesting! Is there a way to set up a basic ADSR envelope? For example, Dimension LE doesn't have (of all things!) a ADSR envelope. At least not on the GUI. Could I put this in front, and use MIDI to give it ADSR envelope functionality? This is just one of the many things I can see using this for, and I'd be really interested in learning how I would do it.

Thanks!

--Sean
MidiShaper has AHDSR envelopes! You can combine them with the LFOs, but you can also use them without the LFOs. So, yes, if Dimension LE support MIDI control for its parameters, you can extend its functionality with MidiShaper.
Great to know! I'll have to try the software out. Thanks!

--Sean

werd wrote:
I am still testing this module, on my wishlist: controlling Generate random
waveform button by CC

Jakob / CableGuys wrote
Instead of using a waveform, you can also use noise with the LFOs.
Set the update samplerate to a high value, and you can hear random
steps - or set it to 1 or a few samples to have complete noise.

great

And there's a random button below the waveform drawing area for
creating random waveforms.

My idea was to control Midishaper's random button by an external device
like vst Xfer Miditool by means of CC control.

by the way thanks for your replies

This is very cool :D

Jakob / CableGuys wrote:
fabi wrote:it would probably be a little esoteric to ask for 14-bit midi support on the outputs? it allows for ca. 14000 values as opposed to the 128 values of regular 7-bit midi CC.

just a thought. :)
Pitch is indeed outputted with 14bit, complying to the MIDI standard.

For other MIDI controls, the plugin which receives the data needs to support 14bit MIDI (which in reality means to combine two 7-bit messages to one 14-bit), which I guess is very rare. Let us know if you know of any plugin, would be interested to know for later.

But MidiShaper can also be used to output MIDI to external synths, maybe more of them support 14bit?
It's true that it's fairly rare, but I enjoy the higher resolution that two combined CC give.
Two VST hosts I use (Plogue Bidule and Audiomulch) both support 14bit MIDI and allow any vst to receive and interpret the data via their own MIDI learn.
I don't know if any external synths support 14bit as I've never owned any. Well, unless you count an old stylophone XL and the Korg Monotron. ;)

fabi wrote:It's true that it's fairly rare, but I enjoy the higher resolution that two combined CC give.
Two VST hosts I use (Plogue Bidule and Audiomulch) both support 14bit MIDI and allow any vst to receive and interpret the data via their own MIDI learn.
I don't know if any external synths support 14bit as I've never owned any. Well, unless you count an old stylophone XL and the Korg Monotron. ;)
Ah I guess what Bidule and Audiomulch do then, is to send parameter changes (which are 32bit-float values). So instead of saying "Hello plugin here is value 124 for MIDI CC 88 for you", but "hey plugin, here's a value for parameter 18945, the value is 0.41224". So converting values from your MIDI controller to parameter changes. Could that be?

MidiShaper's current alpha suffers from a crash bug - it can crash your host when using one-shot-LFOs. We introduced the same issue with Curve 1.3, which we released two days ago. It took me about 8 hrs to understand the issue, and we are close to a fix for both MidiShaper and Curve.

Return to “Effects”