Cytomic "The Drop" Resonant Filter

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Drop

...got a xoxbox coming soon, sitting at Coventry Customs awaiting courier pickup and an ELektron AK due mid April...

will they beat the Drop in time...

:clown:

Simulant wrote:So when is the finished version coming out? The version on the site dates back to September last year, are there any newer versions? Or is it being released soon?

Thanks.
I don't know exactly when v1.0 will be released. I've had the last two weeks downtime moving house + office, but I'm back working again now on a v0.9.x build with all the new filters and gui for people to play with.
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

Yay! So looking forward to this latest beta. Thanks Andy!
Seasoned IT vet, Mac user, and lover of music. Always learning.

andy-cytomic wrote: I don't know exactly when v1.0 will be released..

No worries it's a fun and interesting journey.
Every update is a pleasure...so take your time sculpturing perfection, it's all good.
andy-cytomic wrote:I've had the last two weeks downtime moving house + office, but I'm back working again now on a v0.9.x build with all the new filters and gui for people to play with.
Perfectly fine of course, family and personal come first :hug:

Everytime there's a post, for some unexplainable reason a full grown adult, becomes like a kid on christmas day :tu:

andy-cytomic wrote:I don't know exactly when v1.0 will be released. I've had the last two weeks downtime moving house + office, but I'm back working again now on a v0.9.x build with all the new filters and gui for people to play with.
Thanks for the reply, can't wait to try the new filters! This plugin sounds really nice so far.

This has probably been asked already, but, if we buy the 0.X version, do we get upgraded to the 1.0 version free?

Like your work Andy, keep it up!

LimboLoves wrote:This has probably been asked already, but, if we buy the 0.X version, do we get upgraded to the 1.0 version free?
yes,of course

Sweet! It's on my list :D

Finally bought The Glue! And also looking to buy The Drop, but somehow I anticipated a 30 % discount for excisting customers... I cant seem to find any info about it in this thread, so I wonder where I read that... oh well...
music // twolegs // geometriae
sounddesign // twolegstoneworks

metal wrote:Finally bought The Glue! And also looking to buy The Drop, but somehow I anticipated a 30 % discount for excisting customers... I cant seem to find any info about it in this thread, so I wonder where I read that... oh well...
Please email me directly ( www.cytomic.com/contact ) and I'll sort it out, it's easy to issue a refund and get you to purchase it again. You need to be logged into your Cytomic account at the time of purchase to get the discount, and the discount shows up at the final checkout page just before final payment.
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

andy-cytomic wrote:
metal wrote:Finally bought The Glue! And also looking to buy The Drop, but somehow I anticipated a 30 % discount for excisting customers... I cant seem to find any info about it in this thread, so I wonder where I read that... oh well...
Please email me directly ( http://www.cytomic.com/contact ) and I'll sort it out, it's easy to issue a refund and get you to purchase it again. You need to be logged into your Cytomic account at the time of purchase to get the discount, and the discount shows up at the final checkout page just before final payment.
Ahh.. didn't know I had to go "all the way" in the order to see the discount, but it worked - and it's ordered :D
Sure is a great plugin - but still looking forward to the full 1.0 ;)

Anyone tried to get Midishaper (Cableguys) to work with The Drop? The modulation is easy to set up in Midishaper, but I cant seem to get the signal to modulate the filters in The Drop... Using Cubase 6 or Live 9 here.

metal wrote:Anyone tried to get Midishaper (Cableguys) to work with The Drop? The modulation is easy to set up in Midishaper, but I cant seem to get the signal to modulate the filters in The Drop... Using Cubase 6 or Live 9 here.
I followed the instructions here:
http://www.cableguys.de/midi-shaper-ableton-live.html
and managed to get it working in Live 9
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

Hi Andy,

finally, after a couple of years following the development of the drop and trying the betas I bought it yesterday. What a piece of art!
A couple of years ago I sold almost all my vintage synth collection but thanks to Diva and the Drop (and hopefully a new Cytomic synth) I`m covered soundwise :)

Now just waiting to try the new filter models, How is the new beta coming???

Thanks!! :)

klinik wrote:Hi Andy,

finally, after a couple of years following the development of the drop and trying the betas I bought it yesterday. What a piece of art!
Thanks! The final version is not just going to be a piece of art but I hope it will be a masterpiece.
klinik wrote:A couple of years ago I sold almost all my vintage synth collection but thanks to Diva and the Drop (and hopefully a new Cytomic synth) I`m covered soundwise :)

Now just waiting to try the new filter models, How is the new beta coming???

Thanks!! :)
I like to have some analog kit since the it gives me a break from the computer and tends to give different results from software, so I think it is good to have both. But for processing stereo signals with huge analog tone The Drop is doing to be a very useful addition to your setup.

The new models are all done, I'm busy finishing the GUI at the moment and adding the final features. Here is an updated rundown of CPU usage this time I have included the overhead of oversampling, so this should be better "real world" numbers. So just multiply the numbers below by your oversampling amount to get the final CPU use. If oversampling is off then just use the number directly. For example a x4 oversampled LadderT PRD stereo low pass 4 pole filter would take 7.2 % cpu.

CPU USE INCLUDING OVERSAMPLING
2.8 GHz Intel Xeon, single core avergae cpu, 44.1 khz

Code: Select all

Circuit       LP2      LP4
SallenK MS2   1.8 %    2.9 %
SallenK MS1   2.4 %    4.0 %
StateV OSR    2.4 %    3.6 %
Cascade SHJ   2.6 %    2.6 %
LadderT PRD   1.8 %    1.8 %

Circuit       HP2      HP4
SallenK MS2   2.1 %    3.5 %
SallenK MS1   2.8 %    4.8 %