Cytomic "The Drop" Resonant Filter

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Drop

Thanks Andy,

I am guessing you did this via ableton. Am I right?

just bought the glue and it is a proper master buss compressor, prefer it to the one on reasons mixer and the EAreckon 87 strip doesnt come far off of the 9000k dynamics although I wish the metering was done a little better like the duende strip leds for proper recognition of Gain reduction. But the master of asnalog warmth and summing has to go to harrison mixbus 2.2 for mixing in the box, you only have to load samples in ran through the EQ and Dynamics and the results are analog warmth spectacular, best Ive heard yet but havent had the luxury of trying VCC or other UADs stuff but Ive got the NI vintage comps but the PSP old timer and Squad EQS also are top of the game too, come to think of it, the NI passive EQ and VARI mu master comp take the biscuit for adding lo depth warmth, but this is about cytomics drop filter so sorry for going on a bit :hihi:

X2 wrote:I wish the metering was done a little better like the duende strip leds for proper recognition of Gain reduction.
did you try clicking on The Glue's meter? this should toggle the peak needle, maybe that would be more helpful to you.
"Dont mistake your inability to understand how this happens for it actualy being imposible. " - nollock

The Live 9 beta has three new M4L midi control devices (LFO, Envelope & Expression Control) which make working with something like 'The Drop' a real pleasure

I spent a lot of time with these yesterday whilst putting 'The drop' through it's paces. The fact that they accept incoming midi notes whilst doing what they do is a huge benefit to sound design and turns the M4L environment into a modular synthesis playground where you can hook up your favourite processors directly into your 'sound design' layouts. So very powerful and exactly the type of functionality I've been looking for from M4L since it first launched.

As an example I started to recreate many of my Korg MS-20 patches (from the Korg Legacy collection plugin suite) using the Cytomic filter in place of the now ageing Korg filter model. Breathed new life into a VA plugin that I hardly go near these days. :)

These new M4L devices coupled with plugins like those includes in Expert Sleepers 'Silent Way' suite really expand the modulation options available to you when working with 'The Drop'

JM
------------
https://soundcloud.com/leftside-wobble

How long to release version now Andy :-)
http://www.voltagedisciple.com
Patches for PHASEPLANT ACE,PREDATOR, SYNPLANT, SUB BOOM BASS2,PUNCH , PUNCH BD
AALTO,CIRCLE,BLADE and V-Haus Card For Tiptop Audio ONE Module
https://soundcloud.com/somerville-1i

xiphiuz wrote:Thanks Andy,

I am guessing you did this via ableton. Am I right?
Yeah, Ableton Live has easy midi learn built in as does Studio One. I will be adding midi learn to the plugin for other hosts - thanks for the reminder, I'll add this to the web page.
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

risome wrote:How long to release version now Andy :-)
I don't actually know. I'll have the manual out in the next couple of days, and then it's onto implementing the final feature set. I have working "cut down" models of all the filter circuits right now, but I want to match them to the full versions before I release them so there is as little difference as possible sonically between the two, and fine tuning the full versions is one of those jobs that I can't predict how long it will take.

andy_cytomic wrote:
I'll have the manual out in the next couple of days,
This is great news as I'm sure I could be doing far more with the mod/fm options you've given us.

JM
------------
https://soundcloud.com/leftside-wobble

andy_cytomic wrote:
I don't actually know. I'll have the manual out in the next couple of days, and then it's onto implementing the final feature set. I have working "cut down" models of all the filter circuits right now, but I want to match them to the full versions before I release them so there is as little difference as possible sonically between the two, and fine tuning the full versions is one of those jobs that I can't predict how long it will take.
Quality over Quantity! Take your time, the beta is allready a very handy and nice addition to my, or even any, plugin arsenal!

Hi Andy,

great plug, great price - had to jump immediately!

Again: awsome plug + awsome price = awsome fun. :)

Cheers,
LiteOn

News: The Drop v0.9.8 is ready as is the manual (The Drop - Installation and Quickstart.pdf). Not too much in this release, just a tidy up but here is the full list of changes from the release notes. You can grab the manual and the updated trial version here: www.cytomic.com/drop . The manual is included in every download zip file.

The Drop v0.9.8 - 8th Dec 2012
  • New: Glide now working
  • New: Note priority working, handles multiple midi notes and uses newest note priority to pick which one to voice
  • New: Installation and Quickstart Guide!
  • Fixed: Renamed the two key parameters that change the overall shape of the Lfo, they are now called Lfo Asym (was Lfo Width) and Lfo Curve (was Lfo Shape)
  • Fixed: Improved convergence of the numerical solver for slightly lower cpu and better results with the Sallen Key circuit model

great job on the manual Andy!
I love music but more than that, I love making it

Hi Andy,

what's the reason why there's no sine for the LFO?

If this already has been answered, sorry for asking again.

Cheers,
LiteOn

Dropped the new version in, and got Reaper crash when opening any of the projects with the old version. Had to roll back.

I had a first-time scan crash with the latest version of Drop.vst in Ableton Live 9b54 32bit.

Scanned fine the second time.

Return to “Effects”