Cascade SHJ   2.6 %    2.6 %
LadderT PRD   1.8 %    1.8 %

Circuit       HP2      HP4
SallenK MS2   2.1 %    3.5 %
SallenK MS1   2.8 %    4.8 %
StateV OSR    2.4 %    3.6 %
Cascade SHJ   2.8 %    2.8 %
LadderT PRD   3.1 %    3.1 %
This is great! Please stop teasing us and give us the new build already :)

andy-cytomic wrote: CPU USE INCLUDING OVERSAMPLING
2.8 GHz Intel Xeon, single core avergae cpu, 44.1 khz

Code: Select all

Circuit       LP2      LP4
SallenK MS2   1.8 %    2.9 %
SallenK MS1   2.4 %    4.0 %

*Drools* :love:

looking forward to dropping (hoho) a lot more instances of this baby into my vst chains

Please remember that this is without computing the modulation sources. Each of the envelope followers is more complex than the algorithm I use in The Glue, and the LFO is a beast of morphing anti-aliased buzzing glory, with those engaged the cpu use increases.
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

grymmjack wrote: This is great! Please stop teasing us and give us the new build already :)
I had the new modulation system all working and then played with it and realised a major flaw. I had it as picking a single source and assigning it to multiple destinations, and when I used this system I found I was clicking around a lot to get what I wanted, which was mostly lots of modulation on the LP FREQ control! It makes more sense for this product to pick a single destination and allow depth control from all sources, which is the other way around! I've got it sorted out now how to make that work, and have taken the time to re-do the gui (again) and space it out better (a bit wider and taller as suggested). I'll post a new render in the next few days, it is looking lots better, and I've managed to fit in a couple more things I wanted to that will really round out and complete the feature set.

Sharing a track oozing with a drop and some glue ;;)

Love the textures of the filter, mainly cascade sh LP and korg HP or was it the other way round, I forget anyway a humble share of nothing special...

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12508827

MFXxx wrote:Sharing a track oozing with a drop and some glue ;;)

Love the textures of the filter, mainly cascade sh LP and korg HP or was it the other way round, I forget anyway a humble share of nothing special...

Great! Thanks for sharing :) That is a very full sound to your production, well done! I did notice a little crackling in parts, is that due to the mp3 encoding / playback?

andy-cytomic wrote:
MFXxx wrote:Sharing a track oozing with a drop and some glue ;;)

Great! Thanks for sharing :) That is a very full sound to your production, well done! I did notice a little crackling in parts, is that due to the mp3 encoding / playback?
Thanks Andy, you're welcome. It's a drop inSpired track along with some Virus and others cantg recall exact kit list on this one.

Crackling is very subtle and I think your ears or monitors are way better than mine. Specific times be handy. Does it show up on the soundlcoud version https://soundcloud.com/mfxsound/harrys-tune, wondering if it's encoding.

PS I certainly don't expect people to want my material it's for personal pleasure and enjoyment, I am simply amazed nowadays at what developers are achieving in software for minimal cost that allows someone like me to get great results.

As I recall with this there was some CPU spiking, this was mainly due to non cytomic plugins to be fair.

Well my point in sharing was to demonstrate how good the drop sounds and this was made 6 months ago, so can only imagine what the finished products going to be. Purchased this what must be getting on to 2 years now and still not regretting a thing. Great believer with faith in your work. Recently sold some waves plugins as I found myself constantly using TheGlue. I would like to see vst3 but I can live with the quaddro sidechain in Cubase for the time being I say ..."it's all good mama, it's all good"...

Cool tracks, Acid in the Spy is heavy of the Drop sound, good stuff :tu:

andy-cytomic wrote:CPU USE INCLUDING OVERSAMPLING
2.8 GHz Intel Xeon, single core avergae cpu, 44.1 khz

Code: Select all

Circuit       LP2      LP4
SallenK MS2   1.8 %    2.9 %
SallenK MS1   2.4 %    4.0 %

Wow, that's a lot better than when I tried this thing a long time ago!

Can't wait for the finished plugin.

dropped
Last edited by MFXxx on Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

n/m
Last edited by scintillator on Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

I can't get on the website to download the updates. Anyone else having problems?
:borg:

Yeah.
Now the site is down.

Back up and no sign - all is quiet, not a drop to be heard :)

Just noticed my accounts 4 years old with Cytomic next week, wonder if I'll see a birthday present ^^

A question to Andy... will there be a automatic bypass or 100% dry if the filter is completely opened (or some option to enable this)? This is some of the features I often miss with filter plug-ins, so it needs often automation of the bypass or the mix parameter if it's used also for transitions effects on a track.

Return to “Effects”