Cytomic "The Drop" Resonant Filter

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Drop

I dig it.
Look more Traktorish.

andy-cytomic wrote:Here is a mockup of the new gui, this is not final some of the textures and appearance may change.
I can't tell exactly why, though to me the new gui looks cheap :neutral:
I think it's the different shades of grey thing... And maybe that the gaps between buttons/knobs and borders/other buttons are so tiny compared to the old version. The new one looks crowded somehow.
http://soundcloud.com/daftndaze - Jungle, Drum'n'Bass and House productions - Feedback appreciated!
----
Want to save 10% on Fabfilter Plugins/Bundles?
Then PM me if you don't own any Fabfilter stuff yet!

Wow really nice gui upgrade, love it ! Maybe these kinds of graphical improvements could be applied to The Glue...great work Andy !!! :)

knowix wrote:I don't think that emphatic shade of green goes with the grey, but I doubt it's going to cause people to not buy the plugin ;-)
I'm seeing grey and green too.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Looking great Andy, love the visualiser.

If you're looking for feedback, I might prefer a less dull yellow and blue along with a darker background. I think the new layout is great, along with the new features, but the current UI seems more slick. Then again, this isn't final...

looks good, i think my Kaivo money is gonna buy The Drop

The new visualizer looks good. Does the image move with modulation like it does with synth squad?
Bitwig Certified Trainer

andy-cytomic wrote:Here is a mockup of the new gui, this is not final some of the textures and appearance may change.
  • cleaner layout and more focus on the cutoff and resonance knobs
  • visualiser so you can see the frequency response of the filters, as well as lfo / env shapes when editor those
  • updated modulation scheme that hopefully makes more sense, you can pick any of the sources and apply them to any destination with variable depth at audio rate
  • added LFO 2 which is a basic sin only LFO that can create extra movement
  • added Glide knob that will globally adjust the smoothing of the cutoff frequency with two modes and adjustable time constant for either fast or smooth transitions
  • added adjustable keytrack depth knob from 0 to 100%
  • added legato mode so that envelopes won't re-trigger when playing overlapped notes
  • LP and HP now have their own drive knobs, and res safe buttons
  • chunkier knobs so they look like they turn instead of just it looking like a line is drawn on top of of a bitmap!
Full resolution: http://www.cytomic.com/files/drop-vis-mockup.jpg

Nice! Are you also planning LFO visualization? That would be very useful with the modulation/symmetry options you have.
Switchable with the current visualization would be best layout wise I guess.
(You can do something with the space around the pre/post/mix buttons for an additional visual but I think it will get too crowded)

Whatever visualisations will be included I hope it will be possible to switch them on/off to reduce CPU usage.

One filter type I really enjoy is the MS-20 and the MS-20 filter i think is emulated in the drop right? Well I've never been able to create the same sound the way you can when you send a very resonant HPF signal into the LPF signal on a Korg MS-20.

I guess I'm missing the really intense saturated resonant screeching sounds that you get with the drop. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
:borg:

sl1914 wrote:Whatever visualisations will be included I hope it will be possible to switch them on/off to reduce CPU usage.
Believe it or not, I doubt it will make a difference. I've read posts from a few developers who say that visualizations don't impact CPU.

Mace404 wrote:Nice! Are you also planning LFO visualization?
Yes, and also the envelopes and FM, they will share the central screen.
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
sl1914 wrote:Whatever visualisations will be included I hope it will be possible to switch them on/off to reduce CPU usage.
Believe it or not, I doubt it will make a difference. I've read posts from a few developers who say that visualizations don't impact CPU.
Calculation of the visualiser graphics will be done in a low priority thread, and so will slow down if your system needs resources to process audio instead. So it does take cpu and power, but it throttles back if you need it for more important things.

V0RT3X wrote:One filter type I really enjoy is the MS-20 and the MS-20 filter i think is emulated in the drop right? Well I've never been able to create the same sound the way you can when you send a very resonant HPF signal into the LPF signal on a Korg MS-20.

I guess I'm missing the really intense saturated resonant screeching sounds that you get with the drop. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
You can do this with The Drop. I have modelled the MS20 mk1 and mk2 filters. The MS20 mk1 has the resonance clipping circuit in the signal path so will sound more distorted than the MS20 mk2. The MS20 mk1 model will be included in the next release.

Return to “Effects”