Cytomic "The Drop" Resonant Filter

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Drop

Dr.Gunjah wrote:This one looks a lot better imho, the ring marks really help. Though it's still a bit cramped.
+1

It looks very cramped to me. The controls and labels look like they're jammed into a New York subway car at rush hour. :)

This is a serious piece of kit. I think the controls all should have breathing room. It would make it easier to understand the interface. Last time I checked screen real estate was going for cheap prices. :)

Frantz wrote:This is a serious piece of kit. I think the controls all should have breathing room. It would make it easier to understand the interface. Last time I checked screen real estate was going for cheap prices. :)
I can't disagree with larger GUI's: I love the 2cAudio HD GUIs! But not everyone has screens that big yet. Though it might be late in the game to say this, I do think there's elbow room on our monitors to accommodate a larger GUI than the current chosen size. But the way it is is very workable!

highkoo wrote:Is it just me or is this thread on eggshells?
renderful wrote:Love the current state of the GUI. It looks like this thread has gotten to the point of nitpicking, however :clap: :hihi:
This thread is three years old.
I would expect that a vst three years in the making would go through a lot of nitpicking.

It appears that major gui changes have been kicked up in just the last few weeks?
I see no reason to rush or compromise in the last month of development after three years. :shrug:

The new gui is not as tight and clean as the beta, imo.
Yes, it might be more functional, but again, no reason to rush or compromise after three years.
I get your point of view, but I think that there is a difference between beta feedback and design by a committee of unexperienced peers.

Hi Andy
mockup 4 is definitely the best yet. I agree with other comments that its still a bit cramped. Vertical space is what is missing for me. A couple of millimetres above and below each of the sections in the top and bottom rows and also some extra space between the mod knobs and the destination label.

Breeze wrote: I can't disagree with larger GUI's: I love the 2cAudio HD GUIs! But not everyone has screens that big yet. Though it might be late in the game to say this, I do think there's elbow room on our monitors to accommodate a larger GUI than the current chosen size. But the way it is is very workable!
The last two mockups (#3 and #4) were 900 pixels wide and 372 pixels tall. I think everyone's screen resolution could accommodate a larger GUI, especially a taller GUI.

+1 on the ring marks

+1 blue oscilloscope color for visualizer (would love to see how it looks).

I'd be really interested in seeing the GUI just with a grey background, without the horizontal black band that runs through the middle.

I favor large GUI's but I have a 24" and a 27" monitor.

I like plugins that look like hardware. It suits the Cytomic style.
Play it by ear

lol still no sin wave LFO ? do you still want users to make them with midi lol ?

unbelievable.

Dip200 wrote:lol still no sin wave LFO ? do you still want users to make them with midi lol ?

unbelievable.
LFO 2 is a simple sine wave LFO. lol. Did you not read that when Andy posted it?

unbelievable.

[Maybe you'll read all the relevant information next time before you jump into a thread with a snarky attitude.]

Oooooh, he will think twice, after that vicious public tongue lashing!

Eggshells....
ImageImageImageImage

highkoo wrote:Oooooh, he will think twice, after that vicious public tongue lashing!

Eggshells....
I suppose I was being a bit too hard on him...

:P

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
highkoo wrote:Oooooh, he will think twice, after that vicious public tongue lashing!

Eggshells....

To hard to me ? Dude, I don't give a f**k about what you say to me.

The lfos were originally triangles and Andy refused to implement Sines and seriously suggested to generate them via midi. That was the most stupid and insolent thing I've ever seen written by a developer. So I looked at the new GUI and still saw no indication of a sine wave selection.

And golfclap by the way to not let me choose 2 sines ... :clap:

Dip200 wrote:
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:

Eggshells....

To hard to me ? Dude, I don't give a f**k about what you say to me.

The lfos were originally triangles and Andy refused to implement Sines and seriously suggested to generate them via midi. That was the most stupid and insolent thing I've ever written by a developer. So I looked at the new GUI and still saw no indication of a sine wave selection.

And golfclap by the way to have fixed waves for each of the LFOS ... :clap:
I know you don't care, but just let me be the first to say: you're all class.

Use of the word insolent has implications of a subordinate not respecting his superiors or a child not respecting their parents.

Dip200 wrote: To hard to me ? Dude, I don't give a f**k about what you say to me.

The lfos were originally triangles and Andy refused to implement Sines and seriously suggested to generate them via midi. That was the most stupid and insolent thing I've ever seen written by a developer. So I looked at the new GUI and still saw no indication of a sine wave selection.

And golfclap by the way to not let me choose 2 sines ... :clap:
You are not doing yourself any favours here, and you are being rude as well. I will ask you once and only once to please post in a more polite and constructive manner.

You can have a 20+ sin waves, 20+ ADSRs, and 20+ step sequencers, all at audio rate if you want. Just use the FM input and an external audio signal generated by something like the Expert Sleepers Silent Way set of plugins. If your host is not able to do the routing for you easily then use a modular host like the free one from Image Line called Minihost Modular. Otherwise you could use a host that has it's own control rate LFOs that can control plugin parameters, like Reaper or a bunch of others.

I deliberately designed the LFO 1 to be rhythmic in nature, and the sharper transitions of the triangle / sawtooth / square / exponential shapes work wonderfully to deliver this. I did try out both having a knob for the "sin amount" as well as a button to switch to sine mode, but I chose to not have a sine shape because it wasn't what I wanted for LFO 1. This is a deliberate design decision, not because I forgot it or didn't try it or couldn't do it.

With the re-design of the gui to fit in a visualiser I have made room for a second sine only LFO with basic operation, which is what I always had in mind when I started the design of this plugin around 5 years ago. I am happy that I have now fitted it in to the user interface. All this has absolutely nothing to do with you, your "input" on the subject was not anything I hadn't already considered, tried, and then discarded or kept.

In summary if you don't like The Drop then I suggest you use the most powerful tool you have, your purchasing decision, and don't buy the product. Also, if it is the case that you don't like The Drop then I also suggest you find better things to do with your time than make aggressive posts to a thread about a product you don't even like!
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

:tu:
... space is the place ...

Return to “Effects”