Cytomic "The Drop" Resonant Filter

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Drop

News update: While working on the glide smoothing algorithm for the low pass and high pass cutoffs I sorted out a slightly better version of my dynamic smoothing algorithm, but in the process realised it was a great sounding resonant filter structure in its own right.

It's halfway between a Sallen Key and State Variable filter in tone, here is a quick rundown:
Sallen Key: Warm tone, growling resonance which gets drowned out with large drive
State Variable: Cleaner tone, cleaner resonance which stays strong with large drive
1/2 way between the two: Warm tone with growling resonance that stays strong with large drive

It is a non-linear variation on a Sallen Key, but I've not seen this exact structure before in any schematics, I came up with the idea independently, but I am not ruling out it may already exist since there have been a lot of people making a lot of resonant filter circuits for a long time. I am thinking of calling it SMP, (S)tate Variable (M)S20 (P)artnership, which by coincidence happens to also be some of the letters from my surname :tu:

PS: It is already implemented and will be released in the new version of The Drop in both high pass and low pass, 2 and 4 pole, and it will provide yet another sonic variation to choose from to either subtly sculpt or drastically distort your audio.

So now the filter list is the following, all of which are in 2 pole and 4 pole low and high pass:
MS1 (Sallen Key MS10)
MS2 (Sallen Key MS20)
SMP (State Variable / Sallen Key blend)
OSR (State Variable OSCar)
SHJ (Cascade OTA SH/Juno blend)
PRD (Transistor Ladder Prodigy)
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

The news on The Drop just keeps getting better and better!

andy-cytomic wrote:...It is already implemented and will be released in the new version of The Drop...
:hyper:
I hope it comes with something to clean up the DROOL :P
Looking forward :)

Here is an quick example to show the tonal difference when you drive the resonance between the MS2 / SMP / OSR (in that order):

http://cytomic.com/files/thedrop-ms2-smp-osr-lp2.mp3

Nice! This amazing filter plugin is coming along nicely. I admire the passion, hard work and extreme detail you've put into this Andy.

Andy, have you considered adding some kind of acid, 303-like/emulation filter or is it there already? (excuse my ignorance if I'm saying something stupid, please)

Yorrrrrr wrote:Nice! This amazing filter plugin is coming along nicely. I admire the passion, hard work and extreme detail you've put into this Andy.

Andy, have you considered adding some kind of acid, 303-like/emulation filter or is it there already? (excuse my ignorance if I'm saying something stupid, please)
There are a bunch of other filters I would like to do at some stage as some kind of paid for add on pack, diode ladders like the EMS / 303, the Synthacon (Steiner Parker) sallen key, and some of the CEM / SSM filter chips all deserve some attention. This won't happen for a while since I want to do some other plugins first.

Not long then Andy till The Drop is fully released ?
http://www.voltagedisciple.com
Patches for PHASEPLANT ACE,PREDATOR, SYNPLANT, SUB BOOM BASS2,PUNCH , PUNCH BD
AALTO,CIRCLE,BLADE and V-Haus Card For Tiptop Audio ONE Module
https://soundcloud.com/somerville-1i

andy-cytomic wrote:There are a bunch of other filters I would like to do at some stage as some kind of paid for add on pack, diode ladders like the EMS / 303, the Synthacon (Steiner Parker) sallen key, and some of the CEM / SSM filter chips all deserve some attention. This won't happen for a while since I want to do some other plugins first.
:tu: Dodged another year of pre-release development! :phew:

:hihi:

andy-cytomic wrote: This won't happen for a while since I want to do some other plugins first.
Suggestion: slap two oscs before the Drop filters and call it the Rise, please? ;)

I vote for a PPG filter. :)

-Sam

oh yeah, 303 filter - gimme gimme gimme!

Great work this is turning out to be much better than i ever expected. Its like we are getting a version 2 for free. I would definitely support more add-ons in the future Andy but can't wait much longer for this next version.
p.s has anyone in history died due to waiting for a plugin release? i think i'm about to.

Ive subscribed/unsubscribed to this thread like four times.
ImageImageImageImage

wow! even more in the drop. can't wait

When will the Drop.. actually drop?

:hihi:
:borg:

Return to “Effects”